Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097645 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.94 New Orthrus, new Laser Torpedoes (15/06/2015)
« Reply #495 on: July 13, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

I'm sorry you're having troubles, but I just tried Scy & vanilla, Scy & SS+, Scy & SS+ & all the integrated factions with both my dev version and the one to download without so much of a hiccup. And I really don't understand how it can fail there precisely, unless some other mod modify a comon script. In any case I'm uploading my current version. Not much stuff to show beside an even less buggy Laser Torpedo and a more consistent SCPB damage. I hope it solves your issue but I can't count on it.

Require Debido's TwigLib.
Require LazyWizard's LazyLib.
Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin, including Corvus mode.
Integrated to Dark.Revenant's Starsector+

Changelog
Spoiler
Code
v0.95
14/07/2015

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS
 - Laser torpedoes should no longer randomly "miss-fire" against shields.
 - Now correctly preventing sales on the Prism Freeport's High-End Market. Also improved the weapon offer for more consistent amounts available.

BALANCING
 - SCPB now has half the fire rate to avoid it randomly skipping some damage, better sustained damage but much lower bust DPS, and better flux efficiency.
 - Reduced the logistic impact of Scy ships, mostly the small ones. Reduced some buying prices.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:05:28 PM by Tartiflette »

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.95 Maintenance patch (14/07/2015)
« Reply #496 on: July 14, 2015, 05:36:16 AM »

Well I can now run it with just SS+ or without other things- after completely tearing out java an reinstalling it, must've been a bug in the system- it struggles to run with other SS+ factions with the same issue though. I'm going to have a look at which of the factions integrated in SS+ is throwing SCY the error and alert Dark.Revenant, I guess.
Thanks a lot for all the good work, though. Scy's always been in my top 2 factions.

edit: Turns out the mayorate faction is what conflicts with SCY. So I guess I'll just turn that one off until it's no longer
"slightly out of date"

I'm sorry for bothering you when some other mod was the one throwing yours the error without me realizing, they used to function together at an earlier version. And once again, thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:15:23 AM by Dratai »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 14, 2015, 06:19:49 AM »

Wow, good catch! I totally forgot about Mayorate (shame on me), good to know. Thank you for finding that problem source; maybe you can report it in the Mayorate thread instead of SS+, after all it's not DR job to maintain all mods  ::)
And glad to hear you are enjoying Scy!

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 14, 2015, 07:13:31 AM »

Poke, got a bit of Trouble writing fast, currently on phone. As you may have noticed on the time it took to write the message on the mayorate thread. Will be home again soon. Also updated Java cause I thought it may have been that but no dice. xD

Edit: Alright, now home.
I only have rudimentary coding skills (meaning I usually understand what's in a code but it takes me forever to make anything at all without a reference point. what a dunce, right?) But if you need any help I'll have a gander.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:29:18 AM by Dratai »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 14, 2015, 01:03:35 PM »

Let's hope this fixes these issues. If not, I'm removing the Spy fleets, they only exists for flavor anyway.

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 14, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »

Everything appears to check out.
Game isn't throwing any more fatal errors at me from loading a fresh campaign.
Even with other factions.

Sorry again for the inconvenience and thanks for the fine work.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 20, 2015, 09:03:02 AM »

It's been a while since I added anything to Scy. (I blame Seeker) So here's something. Not yet sure I should keep both. While having distinct role and feeling, they are still very similar:

The Heavy ENB is an neat intermediary between the vanilla Heavy Blaster and Plasma Cannon. A gap that only the Autopulse vaguely occupy.

The Converted Heavy ENB act as a large Triple Energy Blaster: A short ranged, high alpha, emp charged cheap Mjolnir. Easy to mount, but without much staying power.

Spoiler
[close]

I'm also trying a significant Ordinance Points re-balancing: Scy weapons were highly damaging, but short ranged, ludicrously flux heavy, and hard to mount. Thus quite inferior to Vanilla weapons. In addition the high OP on the ship allowed them to use the best vanilla or modded weapons (including the Templar ones) without trouble. I didn't liked that much but there is an easy fix: now most Scy weapons are in the vanilla low bracket of OP cost: If you are ready to cope with the flux cost, they are a fair bargain on any ship. In addition, all ships OP have been significantly reduced, making vanilla and modded weapons much less attractive, especially early game.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:25:16 AM by Tartiflette »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 20, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »

They look pretty good.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 20, 2015, 02:20:45 PM »

So, I have noticed when I tried to play Nexerelin with this new SCY patch, I had to revert to the older one, due to the fatal "null" error coming up

I had this with a few other mods on, namely, Diable, Citadel, Hiigaran, Valkyrians and a few more.

I tested it by itself, and everytime I tried to start a new game, it would come up with the fatal "null" error.

Spoiler
115991 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O.showNewGameOptionsPanel(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.NewGameDialogPluginImpl.init(NewGameDialogPluginImpl.java:70)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O.Óoo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.ôOÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.D.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I'm not sure if above consists of this but, eh, I dunno.

EDIT -1-

OK so it's not this or any of them at all, it's the game itself being a total b*tch not letting me run Nexerelin with the latest patch or Starsector +

Basically, I can't start a new game with any mods, plus I have the latest patch of Starsector.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:53:36 PM by Takion Kasukedo »
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #504 on: July 21, 2015, 12:43:01 AM »

Are you using the RC2 release of Starsector 0.65.2a (check your installer filename or the top-right corner of the screen ingame)?

Failing that, try doing a clean reinstall of Starsector + any mods.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:49:22 AM by Histidine »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 21, 2015, 03:26:20 AM »

Also, could it be possible you installed the "Patch" version of the Nexerelin mod on a version that was too old? Try to download the full version of the latest Nexerelin just to be sure.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:30:09 AM by Tartiflette »

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 21, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »

Ooh, the animation on the Heavy ENB is awesome.
Consider fully automatic Russian roulette

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 22, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »

Yep, RC2 and I am using the latest Nexerelin

It's working now, since I had a clean install as backup.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 22, 2015, 04:38:35 PM »

Great, glad to hear everything is working now!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2015, 02:23:34 AM »

Okay so I tried something here, kinda a side-step in balance: I wanted to keep Scy combat capability mostly intact while making their weapons more attractive on vanilla ships and vanilla weapons less attractive on Scy ships. To that end I reduced the OP cost of the weapons a fair bit, making them cheap but flux hungry alternatives to vanilla weapons. Conversely, Scy ships now have less OP available and can't mount the best vanilla weapons that easily. In addition I readjusted all ships shields efficiency and flux capacity. They now can absorb exactly as much damage as midline ships, but have twice the flux room to fire. On the other hand the passive dissipation has been further reduced forcing the ships to vent as often as before.

All in all, this should make Scy ships a tad better at low level (especially the Talos frigate and the cruisers) while lowering a bit their scaling with player skills.

Finally there are the two weapons I showed a few days back. While I want to, I'm still unsure it's a good idea to keep both as they are very similar, so please send me some feedback on this.

[EDIT] New version up, with more tweaks and a new optimization pass.

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler
Code
v0.96
WIP

NEW CONTENT
 - Added the Heavy ENB: An up-sized energy version of the Triple Energy Blaster that can fire continuously for moderate damage. Used as a cheaper Plasma cannon with constant pressure.
 - Added the Converted Heavy ENB: A ballistic conversion of the Heavy ENB in the same fashion as it's medium sized counterpart. Short-ranged and ammo limited, but higher burst damage and very easy to install. Used as a Mjolnir knock-off with better armor penetration.

BALANCING
 - Significant weapon balance tweaks:
   . The combat stats of most weapons didn't changed, however their OP cost has been lowered to low-tier vanilla.
   . Scy weapons are cheap to install but short ranged and very flux hungry.
   . This should make them competitive alternatives to vanilla weapons, powerful but sharply raising the risk of overloads.
 - All Scy ships have had their OP amount reduced accordingly, making them a bit starved when installing higher tier vanilla weapons.
 - Significant shield balance tweaks:
   . All shields are now in line with vanilla in the amount of damage they can soak. A bit down for the frigates (except for the Talos), slightly up for the cruisers, significantly up for the capital-ships.
   . Passive Flux dissipation while the shields are online further reduced.
   . Given the now reduced OP that scale less with the Player levels, this should makes Scy ships better in the early game but equivalent later on.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS
 - Removal of deprecated features, CSV clean-up, sounds clean-up...
 - Slight graphic upgrade for the Triple Energy Blaster, the Focused Pulse Beam, the Enhanced Focused Pulse Beam, the Anti-missiles launcher, the Burst Nailer, the SCPB.
 - Significant cleanup in the scripts, should result is a small performance improvement during large battles, less particles clipping and more consistent effects with unstable frame-rates.
 - Added lights info for ShaderLib users.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:49:25 AM by Tartiflette »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98