Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097658 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV 3 refined Stymphalian Bird Frigate (30/03/2015)
« Reply #435 on: March 30, 2015, 10:22:09 AM »

Huh? That's unexpected... It wasn't the case when the vibration was less wide but I can see how it could act like that now. Mmmh, I'll add a small cooldown then to prevent it from being too good as a PD and maybe make the vibration start quicker. Gotta test it further, thanks for the heads up!

[EDIT] okay I think I got something nice now: I slightly reduced the turn rate, increased the delay from 0.5s to 1s and added 0.25s charge-up and down. Now it's okay to kill Pillums at long range, but can't track fast moving missiles. The damage against normal targets is unaffected. I just uploaded yet another patch because the weapon is quite OP without this change.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:29:04 PM by Tartiflette »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV 4 refined Stymphalian Bird Frigate (30/03/2015)
« Reply #436 on: April 01, 2015, 08:45:35 AM »

While Acheron serve it's role of being a dead end when you don't know how to access to Tartarus, it's pretty barren and boring. That's sad because there is a lot of space to add stuff. And that's exactly what I did: You can now find there two stations, an old almost abandoned pirate hideout, and the independent Prism Freeport. The main trade items of this station are weapons and ships. Lots of very high-end weapons and ships from all origins... But the prices are also very, very high-end!

(I'm aware of the typo, it's corrected now)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 01, 2015, 09:24:55 AM »

Done more test on new Vibrating Beam and...well, I think this one is OK for me now. But you may want to nerf it again I guess.
If I insist to make them act as PD, I will install both PD AI and Adv. Turret Gyros so it can keep a perfect aiming about 0.8~1 sec before it begin vibrating and aim off target. this will make them do about 100~150 dmg and it is enough for destroy most missiles. So it act as an burst PD have infinite charges and a lower turn rate.
Considering it's OP cost, it is fine IMO.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 01, 2015, 09:54:59 AM »

Yeah, it's fine by me, PD AI plus advanced turrets plus the weapons OP cost, that's a very inefficient setup compared to dedicated PD weapons.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #439 on: April 02, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »

I haven't gotten very far with Scy ships due to the difficulty with quickly raising their rep (compared to factions with enemy planets/bases in the same sector) but I can say that I love the weapons. The Vibration Laser is one of my favorite new harassment/pressure weapons, and the small auto-nailers have edged out shredders on most of my ships :D

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 02, 2015, 06:27:58 PM »

I have to say, I never have had any trouble to raise rep with Scy compared to other factions: you can't lose reputation with them when trading with their enemies, their stations often have shortages/famines (even allowing for in-system trading) and most of all, you gain reputation for killing any other faction's bounty in Acheron! All in all it's the the faction I raise my rep the quickest in every play-through I tried recently.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 03, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »

I've been reworking the Kalkotauroi's main gun to make it more AI friendly. I converted it to a normal beam weapon instead of a burst one, reduced the flux requirement and increased the base damage without The Accelerators pods. That required a significant rework of the animation, and here's the result:

Spoiler
[close]

As a bonus it's also quite more optimized that the previous one.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 03, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »

Woah. Nice.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Require Debido's TwigLib.
Require LazyWizzard's LazyLib.
Compatible with LazyWizzard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin.
Play nicely with other mods including Dark.Revenant's Starsector+

Okay, unless I missed some nasty bugs, this is probably the last Dev version for 0.9. All that is missing is a final sanity check on all the texts and the probably fairly large Lore post I intend to do. Since it might take a while, enjoy Scy in it's near final form!

Since the last update I massively reworked a LOT of scripts and animation to reduce my mod's memory footprint. Also I added some life to Acheron with two stations, one with a very interesting market. In addition, Elysee now spawn very fast spy fleets that patrol a bit everywhere in the sector. If you manage to catch them though they can drop some valuable loot.
I also changed some stuff balance wise, mostly prices and Ordinance Points. The Khalkotauroi and Siren cruisers received some much needed attention to make them more AI friendly.

Everything's in the CHANGELOG
Spoiler
Code
v0.9
WIP

- Added Stymphalian Bird frigate: Next generation frigate of immense power but extreme rarity. Specifically designed to take on Capital ships, fares much worse against fighters and other frigates. (You can imagine the damned child of an Hyperion and a Nevermore)

- Added Dual Laser Torpedo rack for 6 OP, reduced single Laser Torpedo to 3 OP from 4

- Nexerelin compatibility

- Intel Chip commodity. Very valuable and only droped by some specific Scy fleets

- Spy fleets. Well, those fleets.

- Scy is now suspicious with most factions instead of inhospitable.

- Reworked Acheron system, with a pirate hideout and a special independent station that can sell military grade hulls from any faction at a huge mark up price.

- New backgrounds for both Acheron and Tartarus.

BALANCE

- Nerfed the Megeara:
Teleporter, three charges instead of two, but recharge delay raised from 10 to 30 seconds
Phase, upkeep raised to 7.5% flux per second from 5%.
 - Baliuses FP reduced from 7 to 5.
 - Significantly buffed the Telchine miner ship hull and armor
 - Buffed Telchine's Deconstruction beam to reduce the target's HP 1% per second: same speed for a capital ship or a fighter. Still useless against shielded targets.
 - The siren now only deploy two drones at once
 - Slasher beam flux usage reduced to 313 FPS from 645 (near 1:1 ratio), also has a new hit visual effect.
 - Burst Repeater Beam reverted to Vibrating beam but now fire continuously, with a much better flux efficiency and range.
(It's now a potent support weapon against frigates, but not efficient against fighters.)
 - Corrected Medium and Large HEMor flux requirement.
 - Slightly reduced the Focus Beam flux requirement.
 - Vastly buffed the Medusa frigate's EMP Nova ship system:
In addition to overloading every ships in a 1500 SU radius, the EMP also disable some weapons and engines, causing flameouts and confusion in the enemy fleet...
And your own ships too if you didn't took care to hold them back!
 - Interceptor fighters flak now fire continuously.
 - All Atfi wings received short range missiles instead of coasting missiles
 - All prices have been adjusted to be in line with vanilla:
Frigates and destroyers are slightly more expensive
Cruisers are less expensive
Weapons are far cheaper.
 - Reduced the OP cost of small missile weapons across the board.
 - slightly nerfed the Coasting missiles health and speed toward Harpoons values (250 speed instead of 300, 175hp instead of 250).
 - Slightly buffed the rockets health from 50 hp to 75 hp, reduced the acceleration from 250 su.s-2 to 100.
 - Increased rocket damage from 100 to 200 High Explosive damage.
 - Severely reduced the OP cost for mounting EMP sweeper missile from 15 to 10.
 - Increased Laser Torpedo Launcher's ammo from 10 to 15 missiles, decreased the reloading delay from 10s to 6s.
 - Reduced the OP cost for mounting Heavy Modular Swarmers from 26 to 20.
 - Singularity Torpedo Launcher's ammo raised from 8 to 15 missiles, OP cost reduced from 30 to 25
 - Small flak DPS raised from 67 to 100, OP cost reduced from 8 to 6.
 - Small KAcc and HEMor OP cost reduced from 8 to 6.
 - Medium KAcc OP cost raised from 12 to 13.
 - Changed the Khalkotauroi's main weapon from a burst beam to a normal beam,
 - Changed the damage type to Energy, was High Explosive for the base 200dps and Energy for the bonus 600 dps from the Accelerators pods.
 - Raised the base damage without accelerators from 200 to 400 dps, reduced it's flux produced from 2000 to 400 flux/s but the accelerators now also produce flux.
 - Reduced the Khalkotauroi flux capacity from 30000 to 20000.
 - Nerfed drones speed and accelerations.
 - converted the Centaurs haulers' hardpoint from medium ballistic to medium universal
 - Reduced the OP available of most ships due to the OP cost reduction of most weapon. On average, -10 to -20.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS

- Improved feedback on the effect of various hullmods and ship-systems, smoothed some effects on activation and deactivation.
 - The minigun is no longer animated while venting or at max flux.
 - Improved placement logic for the random position of Acheron.
 - Some offseted hardpoint sprites have been corrected.
 - The Siren main gun now properly affect Twig ships.
 - Hacking Commlink now properly affect Twig ships.
 - Miner ship's drone's GravGuns now properly affect Twig ships.
 - Anti-missiles now target nearby fighters if there aren't any missiles to intercept.
 - Built-in hull-mods no longer clutter the list.
 - Improved AI for the Precision Gear ship-system: it no longer activate when retreating or when the targets a way out of range even with the system active.
 - The Talos shield now unfold at normal speed when not using the Stasis Shield ship-system. Behavior improved and the shield can be modified by other weapons/ship systems.
 - Added SS+ "Drive Shunt" to the list of incompatible hullmods.
 - Improved the Manticore's Phase Missile launcher animation.
 - Extensive modifications and optimization of the Khalkotauroi's main weapon's animation due to the switch to a standard beam.
 - Extensive modifications and optimization of the siren's main weapon's animation to prevent it from playing in full when the ship is overloaded mid-chargeup/don't have enough flux room once charged.
 - corrected the Keto's main gun appearing "on" in refit.
 - Optimized blinkers, with more variations between them
 - Optimized Medusa's lightnings deco, randomized the animation.

- General cleanup of unused scripts and non matching names. Lot of "under-the-hood" improvements and some preparations for future SS+ integration
[close]

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile

Just for sure. Singularity Torpedo should not do any direct damage on hit, right?
This one make me feel wired. ???
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Nope, it only does the EMP on impact, plus what collision damage result from the effect. Now that you remind me of it, I intended to change the formula to be less dependent of the mass of the target, since many mods aren't that consistent with vanilla on that front. Maybe something based on the number of armor cells since I can't rely on the ships collision radius or hull and armor to determine it's size.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile

Base Hull HP tends to be a good indicator of both mass and size.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile

But I can't rely too much on it, because of factions like Crystanite, Blue, Red, P9 etc that have really different hull balances. I'll probably mix several sources to get a global idea.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I didn't planned for it, but here's a new weapon:
Spoiler
[close]

For the most part it's just an excuse to have a larger mini-gun that has a good animation.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:22:50 AM by Tartiflette »

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Wow cool stuff I'm going to have to download this.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 98