Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097587 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV New (last?) ship! (17/03/2015)
« Reply #420 on: March 24, 2015, 06:59:07 AM »

Too late, it's working nicely now ^^

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 24, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »

never mind, I had done for it too. and now I have a vibrating HIL to play with.

but, wait, I thing I should go back to the missile AI now...
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #422 on: March 24, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »

What a flawless pearl this mod has become. :o
The ships look absolutely stunning, and the weapon special effects... mind blowing!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 24, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »

Well thank you, glad you like it!

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 28, 2015, 04:56:22 AM »

I still remember the first time this mod was launched, I looked at it with disbelief, never thought you'd create such a well polished mod with so many unique ships.

Before I thought I've seen them all, teleporting Karkinoses, exigency ships that turned your reapers right back at your face, Valkirians that rained hell if you just as much thought of not approaching them from behind.

Then came the Nemean Lion oddball, kicking ass in one form, hiding from the mean sector in the other, never thought I'd see modular ships in this game, so far you're the only to try.
 Speaking of lions, in the codex there's another entry about an experimental Nemean that lacks armor and goes faster, whats up with that?

Another of my favorites is the Keto, ever since Shadowyards introduced the Charybdis I've never come across another carrier that could be of direct use in the field and didn't make me regret I wasn't flying something else.

And now lets talk about the bird frigate.
 I've noticed a trend among modders, to have kick ass skill demanding frigates. Theres the Imaginos, Excelsior, Maximus, Venom X and now the Bird.
 What it could use is a side screen ui indicator showing just how much the ship is overcharged and for what duration. Just like when hitting burn drive.
 As it stands right now the visual effects on the frigate are kinda hard to observe mid fight and you really need to know everything at all times since one mistake will bust the frigate wide open.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »

Thank you very much! It's been a long journey but I'm glad people start to see Scy as "polished" instead of the mass of weird stuff called a faction it was at the beginning ^^

Speaking of lions, in the codex there's another entry about an experimental Nemean that lacks armor and goes faster, whats up with that?
It's an armorless version that have a very small chance to spawn in AI fleets, but sadly I can't make it look different from the campaign map. So I guess it's a surprise when you find it.

And now lets talk about the bird frigate.
 I've noticed a trend among modders, to have kick ass skill demanding frigates. Theres the Imaginos, Excelsior, Maximus, Venom X and now the Bird.
 What it could use is a side screen ui indicator showing just how much the ship is overcharged and for what duration. Just like when hitting burn drive.
 As it stands right now the visual effects on the frigate are kinda hard to observe mid fight and you really need to know everything at all times since one mistake will bust the frigate wide open.
Agreed, the current glow isn't the best visual cue. I'll try to add an UI indicator but that's not sure I can manage it: the system isn't "active" when overcharged and I don't think you can display a side message then. And I can't use the normal system charge bar since you must be able to reuse it immediately. I may add a sound but the trick is to interrupt it when the system is reused. In any case, it's on the to-do list!

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2015, 08:49:23 AM »

I'll try to add an UI indicator but that's not sure I can manage it: the system isn't "active" when overcharged and I don't think you can display a side message then. And I can't use the normal system charge bar since you must be able to reuse it immediately. I may add a sound but the trick is to interrupt it when the system is reused. In any case, it's on the to-do list!

Not sure how you could possibly add a timer for a system byproduct yes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 08:57:47 AM by Sabaton »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »

By the way Tartiflette, you mentioned being a professional right? Do you have your own website or anything? Just wondering.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 28, 2015, 12:22:22 PM »

Well I'm a 3d animator for the VFX industry so most of my work is part of something bigger I can't put online. I do have a (very) outdated Deviant-art, but pretty much every non-professional artwork I made these past 2 years is either here or in my sketchbooks.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2015, 12:26:55 PM »

Well I'm a 3d animator for the VFX industry so most of my work is part of something bigger I can't put online. I do have a (very) outdated Deviant-art, but pretty much every non-professional artwork I made these past 2 years is either here or in my sketchbooks.
Ah, I see. Thanks for answering.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.89 Compatibility Update... Again (18/02/2015)
« Reply #430 on: March 28, 2015, 07:07:48 PM »

Spoiler

This ship is clearly tailored for dueling and excel at taking down capital-ships alone. However it's quite weak against multiple targets and can't be deployed very often. I think it's a bit too powerful right now even in AI hands so tell me what you think.
[close]

This ship... O-O

Apparently looks like the Neutrino Pile-driver! )O)

You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV2refined Stymphalian bird Frigate (30/03/2015)
« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »

New DEV version, with a refined Stymphalian Bird frigate and a LOT of polish on things that worked less than correctly. But please be warned, this one WILL BREAK SAVES!

WARNING This update will break saves, and some weapons will NOT be transferred using Dark.Revenant's Save Transfer mod WARNING
WARNING This update will break saves, and some weapons will NOT be transferred using Dark.Revenant's Save Transfer mod WARNING

UPDATED   Require Debido's TwigLib.   UPDATED
Require LazyWizzard's LazyLib.
Compatible with LazyWizzard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin.
Play nicely with other mods including Dark.Revenant's Starsector+

I still have some work before calling it complete but we are nearing it. The highlights of this new Dev are:
 - The Burst Repeater Beam PD is reverted to the old Vibrating Beam, but with a major buff and better behavior. It can fire continuously and is more efficient than a Tactical Laser. On the other hand it still has troubles against any armor and is completely useless as PD.
 - The Telchine Miner ship received a significant boost to it's main weapon: it now tear any ship to shred at a constant rate whether it's a frigate or a capital-ship. It's still unable to deal the slightest damage to shield however. It's still definitively a civilian ship, but an annoying one...
 - The Atfi fighters are now equipped with short range missiles instead of Coasting ones. The Interceptors wings for both fighter types also received a buff to their main weapon.
 - The Medusa frigate received a massive boost to it's EMP Nova ship-system, turning it into an ace-up-the-sleeve if you can use it at the right time. It's unlikely to survive though. The system AI still need some work though.
 - And finally the Stymphalian Bird super-frig has been a bit refined: the main gun has a shorter range making it more dangerous to use, but the system can be used more often. I still need to improve the feedback of the Overcharge. done and uploaded

Did I warned everyone that this update will brake save? They won't perfectly transfer either because I finally got around unifying all the weapons old IDs with the more recent names: the transfer won't be able to find those weapons that changed. Also the mission variants using those weapon will crash the game, please reset those.

CHANGELOG
Spoiler
Code
v0.9
WIP

- Added Stymphalian Bird frigate: Next generation frigate of immense power but extreme rarity. Specifically designed to take on Capital ships, fares much worse against fighters and other frigates. (You can imagine the damned child of an Hyperion and a Nevermore)

- Added Dual Laser Torpedo rack for 5 OP, reduced single Laser Torpedo to 3 OP from 4
 - Nexerelin compatibility
 - Intel Chip commodity. Very valuable and only dropped by some specific Scy fleets
 - Spy fleets. Well, those fleets.

BALANCE

- Nerfed the Megeara:
Teleporter, three charges instead of two, but recharge delay raised from 10 to 30 seconds
Phase, upkeep raised to 7.5% flux per second from 5%.
 - Baliuses FP reduced from 7 to 5.
 - Significantly buffed the Telchine miner ship hull and armor
 - Buffed Telchine's Deconstruction beam to reduce the target's HP 1% per second: same speed for a capital ship or a fighter. Still useless against shielded targets.
 - The siren now only deploy two drones at once
 - Slasher beam flux usage reduced to 313 FPS from 645 (near 1:1 ratio), also has a new hit visual effect.
 - Burst Repeater Beam reverted to Vibrating beam but now fire continuously, with a much better flux efficiency and range. It's now a potent support weapon against frigates and destroyers, but not efficient against fighters.
 - Corrected Medium and Large HeMor flux requirement.
 - Slightly reduced the Focus Beam flux requirement.
 - Vastly buffed the Medusa frigate's EMP Nova ship system: in addition to overloading every ships in a 1500 SU radius, the EMP also disable some weapons and engines, causing flameouts and confusion in the enemy fleet... And your own allies if you didn't took care to hold them back!
 - Interceptor fighters flak now fire continuously.
 - All Atfi wings received short range missiles instead of coasting missiles

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS

- Improved feedback on the effect of various hullmods and ship-systems
 - The minigun is no longer animated while venting or at max flux.
 - Improved placement logic for the random position of Acheron.
 - Some offseted hardpoint sprites have been corrected.
 - The Siren main gun now properly affect Twig ships.
 - Hacking Commlink now properly affect Twig ships.
 - Miner ship's drone's GravGuns now properly affect Twig ships.
 - Anti-missiles now target nearby fighters if there aren't any missiles to intercept.
 - Built-in hull-mods no longer clutter the list.
 - Improved AI for the Precision Gear ship-system: it no longer activate when retreating or when the targets a way out of range even with the system active.
 - The Talos shield now unfold at normal speed when not using the Stasis Shield ship-system. Behavior improved and the shield can be modified by other weapons/ship systems.
 - added SS+ "Drive Shunt" to the incompatible hullmods list

- General cleanup of unused scripts and non matching names. Lot of "under-the-hood" improvements and some preparations for future SS+ integration
[close]

And now let's see how many people ask if it will break saves or complain that Save Transfer didn't worked...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:23:28 PM by Tartiflette »

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV 2 refined Stymphalian Bird Frigate (30/03/2015)
« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2015, 04:59:57 PM »

I haven't downloaded the new dev but, in regards to the Burst Repeater Beam there is a PD_ONLY tag.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV 3 refined Stymphalian Bird Frigate (30/03/2015)
« Reply #433 on: March 30, 2015, 06:13:52 AM »

Working on improving the visual effect of the Overcharge:
Spoiler
[close]
In addition to the current red hot tubes, I added some small random sparkles, a big trail and I'm working on adding a sound.

[EDIT] Sound's working  8)!
[EDIT2] Uploaded since only a handful of people got the Dev 2 already.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:59:08 AM by Tartiflette »

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV2refined Stymphalian bird Frigate (30/03/2015)
« Reply #434 on: March 30, 2015, 10:00:46 AM »

- The Burst Repeater Beam PD is reverted to the old Vibrating Beam, but with a major buff and better behavior. It can fire continuously and is more efficient than a Tactical Laser. On the other hand it still has troubles against any armor and is completely useless as PD.

Something goes wrong. Vibrating Beam in auto fire now aim perfect to missiles...
In fact, when they strat vibrating and aim off target, AI will stop firing and this will reset the variable p.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 98