Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097497 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Scy V0.86 (01/12) Hotfix
« Reply #300 on: December 29, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »

And here it is, the re-christened Argus destroyer-carrier. Equipped with a drone system, a medium missile hardpoint, a small full-coverage universal turret on the rear, and a frontal facing small ballistic turret with 90deg arc.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2014, 03:10:15 PM »

And here it is, the re-christened Argus destroyer-carrier. Equipped with a drone system, a medium missile hardpoint, a small full-coverage universal turret on the rear, and a frontal facing small ballistic turret with 90deg arc.
The hangar bay looks kinda flat.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2014, 04:48:23 PM »

Those ship redesigns are really cool. I especially like the Lamia redesign (yay symmetry).

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 29, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »

The hangar bay looks kinda flat.

If I had to, I'd agree. I love the artwork as always,  Ithink this mod rocks some of the best art of any of the faction mods. So I don't want Tartiflette to think I am being too critical- but in my opinion there should be more dark defining lines to show the dip in the hull that is the 'landing strips'. Love it!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2014, 04:13:01 AM »

*grumble, grumble, grumble* FINE! I'll do it...

Can't do better than that.

[edit] The white background seriously flatten it, I hope someday we will get a darker skin...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:35:06 AM by Tartiflette »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »

Those ships have upside-down smile faces :D
With red hair  :P
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »

Those ships have upside-down smile faces :D
With red hair  :P
I can no longer unsee this. :P

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2014, 06:37:52 AM »

And there you go:
Spoiler
[close]

And you:
Spoiler
[close]

And you too:
Spoiler
[close]

And maybe even possibly you never know perhaps you...
Spoiler
[close]

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 31, 2014, 10:51:06 PM »

Just wanted to point out that the Argus in the picture appears to have a medium ballistic instead of a small ballistic.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2015, 05:26:58 AM »

This will make some people happy I believe: massive weapons buff incoming!
It's still WIP and may change further before I release it.
Code
V0.87
WIP

New content:
 - New Lamia class destroyer design and weapon layout: more compact, has slightly better armor but it's shield is now frontal.
 - Armored Lamia: a Lamia destroyer with a 3 part modular armor on the front and sides. It looses the missile mount but the frontal armor hold an Enhanced focus beam (akin to the Armored Sthenos cruiser). The side armors also have anti-missiles launchers.
 - Argus destroyer sized carrier: converted "old" lamia into a carrier with a medium missile launcher for support roles. Slightly slower than the Lamia to avoid endless kiting. It can launch and rebuild a pair of support drones equipped with light miniguns.

Weapons re-balancing:
 - Vibrating beam: raised range from 550 to 800, it's turn rate from 25 to 45 degree per second, removed the ammo limitation, reduced it's energy consumption from 400 to 350, reduced it's tier to 0 (civilian grade)
 - Medium burst nailer: reduced the total damage from 1800frag to 1000 but increased it's precision.
 - Energy blaster: buffed the emp damage per shot from 20 to 50, decreased the turn rate from 50 degrees/second to 20, increased the recoil recovery rate from 0.05 deg/sec to 1, increased the range from 450 to 500.
 - Penetrator Railgun: buffed ammo from 120 to 200, reduced the turn rate from 30 to 10, decreased it's precision and slightly reduced it's range from 850 to 700
 - Slasher Beam: increased range from 600 to 800, raised ammo count from 40 to 60, High-explosive damage from 700 to 1000, energy consumption from 950 to 1500.
 - Focused Pulse Beam: added 200 EMP dps while firing, raised the turn rate from 10 to 20deg/sec, ammo count from 32 to 48, energy damage from 1000 to 1250, energy usage from 1500 to 2000.
 - Small mortar gun: increased it's range from 450 to 600, increased it's fire rate from 30 to 40 shots per minute, increased it's precision and ammo count from 100 to 120, and it's projectile speed from 550 to 650.
 - Medium mortar gun: reduced it's turn rate from 30 to 20, increased it's range from 600 to 800, it's fire rate from 20 to 30 shots per minute, it's ammo from 50 to 90, and it's projectile speed from 550 to 600.
 - Large mortar gun: increased it's fire rate from 15 to 30 shots per minute, increased it's ammo from 50 to 180, slightly reduced it's precision.
 - Small kinetic accelerator: increased it's range from 450 to 600, increased it's ammo count from 90 to 180, it's projectile damage from 75 to 100, and it's energy requirement from 200 to 250
 - Medium kinetic accelerator: increased it's range from 600 to 800, it's projectile damage from 400 to 500, and it's energy requirement from 700 to 800, reduced the turn rate from 30 to 20, added perfect accuracy, raised ammo count from 60 to 90.
 - Large kinetic accelerator: reduced the turn rate from 20 to 10, added perfect accuracy, increased the rate of fire from 20 to 30 shots per minute, raised ammo count from 80 to 180.
 - Ricochet gun: since the secondary shot is a medium mortar projectile, it gain the same buffs as that weapon.
 - SCPB: reduced it's flux build up from 1500 to 1000, increased it's EMP damage from 67 to 330.
 - ORION Artillery: prevented the friendly fires for good this time!
 - Area Scorcher now has a proximity detonation.
 - Rockets: raised their health from 50 to 150 hit-points.
 - Laser Torpedoes: Reduced the spreading of the lasers for the medium and large versions.
 - Siren main gun: raised kinetic damage from 1000 to 2000, and ammo count from 15 to 30, allied AI ships no longer teleport the ships if they hit the hull but deal EMP damage.
 - Manticore Swarm Missiles: kinetic damage raised from 250 to 500.
 - Manticore Phased Torpedo: energy damage raised from 1000 to 1500.

Other changes:
 - Improved descriptions for most weapons.
 - increased the collisions radius of most ships for a better AI behavior.
 - removed the Hydra's flight deck.
 - corrected the engines animation not properly resetting after a flame-out.
 - the Manticore carrier now has the same drone system as the Argus carrier.
 - changed the recovery cost for most combat ships, down for the frigates and cruisers, up for the destroyers.
 - Custom AI for the Precision Gears ship system.
 - Slightly raised the venting speed of most ships.
 - new venting AI, less prone to vent just next to an enemy.

Arano-kai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 03, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »

Please, check resource names, those capital letters do matter in Linux.
Code
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sounds/SCY/sfx_weapons/SCY_kBeam_arcs.ogg] resource, not found in [/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/Common Radar,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/LazyLib,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/SCY,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/shadow_ships,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/TwigLib,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/Version Checker,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sounds/SCY/sfx_weapons/SCY_kBeam_arcs.ogg] resource, not found in [/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/Common Radar,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/LazyLib,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/SCY,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/shadow_ships,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/TwigLib,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/Version Checker,/home/[user_folder]/[path_to_game]/./mods/ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Simple rename all SCY_Kbeam... to SCY_kBeam... in [pat_to_game]/mods/SCY/sounds/SCY/sfx_weapons solve error.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:09:49 AM by Arano-kai »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2015, 03:49:30 AM »

Dang it! I try my best to avoid those, but there is always a couple that slip through... Sorry about that!
BTW if someone know a way to spell check this kind of stuff, I'm all ears.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »

Given the nature of the changes I'm working on, I have decided to release a DEV version of the mod to collect some feedback. It's a bit rough on the edges, but you can expect more dangerous Scy fleets. To me they now are very powerful, but I never found Scy ships that weak to begin with so I can't trust my judgement on this.
If anyone want to help, please tell me what you think of the new weapons balance: are there some that I clearly buffed too much (I suspect the Large Kinetic Accelerator to be a bit too powerful now) or on the contrary some that still don't cut it (maybe the Penetrator Railgun). Also, I modified a lot of descriptions but didn't proofread them yet. If you aren't using SS+ I would also like to know if the ships now vent less in front the enemy and more when they got back a bit, but until DarkRevenant's next update, ss+ will override my script.

Require Debido's TwigLib.
Require LazyWizzard's LazyLib.

Here's the mostly complete changelog to get an idea:
Spoiler
Code
V0.87
WIP

New content:

- New Lamia class destroyer design and weapon layout: more compact, has slightly better armor but it's shield is now frontal.

- Armored Lamia: a Lamia destroyer with a 3 part modular armor on the front and sides. It looses the missile mount but the frontal armor hold an Enhanced focus beam (akin to the Armored Sthenos cruiser). The side armors also have anti-missiles launchers.

- Argus destroyer sized carrier: converted "old" lamia into a carrier with a medium missile launcher for support roles. Slightly slower than the Lamia to avoid endless kiting. It can launch and rebuild a pair of support drones equipped with light miniguns.

- Drones: all drones have been changed to something... different. More in line with the rest of the ships, bigger but also tougher.

Weapons re-balancing:

- Vibrating beam: raised range from 550 to 800, it's turn rate from 25 to 45 degree per second, removed the ammo limitation, reduced it's energy consumption from 400 to 350, reduced it's tier to 0 (civilian grade)
 - Medium burst nailer: reduced the total damage from 1800frag to 1000 but increased it's precision.
 - Energy blaster: buffed the emp damage per shot from 20 to 50, decreased the turn rate from 50 degrees/second to 20, increased the recoil recovery rate from 0.05 deg/sec to 1, increased the range from 450 to 500.
 - Penetrator Railgun: buffed ammo from 120 to 200, reduced the turn rate from 30 to 10, decreased it's precision and slightly reduced it's range from 850 to 700
 - Slasher Beam: increased range from 600 to 800, raised ammo count from 40 to 60, High-explosive damage from 700 to 1000, energy consumption from 950 to 1500.
 - Focused Pulse Beam: added 200 EMP dps while firing, raised the turn rate from 10 to 20deg/sec, ammo count from 32 to 48, energy damage from 1000 to 1250, energy usage from 1500 to 2000.
 - Small mortar gun: increased it's range from 450 to 600, increased it's fire rate from 30 to 40 shots per minute, increased it's precision and ammo count from 100 to 120, and it's projectile speed from 550 to 650.
 - Medium mortar gun: reduced it's turn rate from 30 to 20, increased it's range from 600 to 800, it's fire rate from 20 to 30 shots per minute, it's ammo from 50 to 90, and it's projectile speed from 550 to 600.
 - Large mortar gun: increased it's fire rate from 15 to 30 shots per minute, increased it's ammo from 50 to 180, slightly reduced it's precision.
 - Small kinetic accelerator: increased it's range from 450 to 600, increased it's ammo count from 90 to 180, it's projectile damage from 75 to 100, and it's energy requirement from 200 to 250
 - Medium kinetic accelerator: increased it's range from 600 to 800, it's projectile damage from 400 to 500, and it's energy requirement from 700 to 800, reduced the turn rate from 30 to 20, added perfect accuracy, raised ammo count from 60 to 90.
 - Large kinetic accelerator: reduced the turn rate from 20 to 10, added perfect accuracy, increased the rate of fire from 20 to 30 shots per minute, raised ammo count from 80 to 180.
 - Ricochet gun: since the secondary shot is a medium mortar projectile, it gain the same buffs as that weapon.
 - SCPB: reduced it's flux build up from 1500 to 1000, increased it's EMP damage from 67 to 330.
 - ORION Artillery: prevented the friendly fires for good this time!
 - Area Scorcher now has a proximity detonation.
 - Rockets: raised their health from 50 to 150 hit-points.
 - Laser Torpedoes: Reduced the spreading of the lasers for the medium and large versions.
 - Siren main gun: raised kinetic damage from 1000 to 2000, and ammo count from 15 to 30, allied AI ships no longer teleport the ships if they hit the hull but deal EMP damage.
 - Manticore Swarm Missiles: kinetic damage raised from 250 to 500.
 - Manticore Phased Torpedo: energy damage raised from 1000 to 1500.

Other changes:

Improved descriptions for most weapons.

Increased the collisions radius of most ships for a better AI behavior.

Removed the Hydra's flight deck that was redundant with the new Argus destroyer.

Corrected the engines animation not properly restarting after a flame-out.

The Manticore carrier now has the same drone system as the Argus carrier.

Changed the recovery cost for most combat ships, down for the frigates and cruisers, up for the destroyers.

Seriously reduced the recovery cost of all wings.

Custom AI for the Precision Gears ship system.

New venting AI, less prone to vent just next to an enemy.

Slightly raised the venting rate of most ships.

Somewhat made the frigates more fragile (still very dangerous with the weapon boost)

[close]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:36:09 AM by Tartiflette »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »

Acting Lieutenant Lynda Gomez
Exert from personal mails

"... Today I'm taking over Lieutenant Pallier's duty as Chief inspector in the Skoll pirates investigation, still under the supervision of Commander Howell. Though we didn't met often in the past 6 cycles he trusted the lieutenant and, well, Victor trusted me if I can say so myself. Officially he is still MIA, but since no ship from his reinforced squadron came back in two months, it's unlikely any of them ever will. I saw some eyes widening when the team received the official notice. I know many think I'm too young for such promotion, but even them can't deny I'm the one best suited for that position..."

"... The big problem when you have a chief inspector using a squadron freely to find some hidden pirate hideout is that you can't know where they went. Sure the lieutenant left some note about the general direction he was about to take, but that regions is littered with empty systems. What's more? At least 3 stars when nova in a relatively recent past, making the whole cluster a mess of hot gasses and dust nebulaes. Victor could ask for massive probes scans, but I cannot afford making the same move. They never returned much useful data and are way too costly, especially when it's the newest inspector asking for that..."

"... I need the take of an expert on that idea: if you were to strip a shuttle from all cargo capacity, all life support, all armor and basically reduce it to an engine with some fuel tanks and an autopilot, would it fit in a civilian freighter launch bay? Since the attacked convoys seems unable to flee from those pirates, maybe a small unmanned drone launched early enough might be able to manage an escape. Actually if it's possible, it might be a good idea to equip all fleets with them! We would never loose another ship without knowing what happened..."

"... We just received the same info, it's hard to believe! Sure the station was isolated, but nobody found out before the next resupply Atlas arrived. The kind of weapon used is a complete mystery, but the shot sure was precise: it must have hit exactly the command and detection module, and took out the whole military ring with it. The civilian habs are intact, but apparently there was nobody there anymore. Not dead, just... Vanished.  Here's a picture from our data burst, it's classified so don't post it anywhere, I trust you on this!..."

ATTACHMENT
Spoiler
[close]
*click to enlarge*

*reminder, Firefox mess-up the dark images luminosity, better watch it in chrome, or download it*
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:34:38 AM by Tartiflette »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 17, 2015, 11:27:43 AM »

From: Commander Michael Howell, head of division 2 of the H.I.S.
To: Acting Lieutenant Lynda Gomez, head of Skoll investigation team
date: 207.187
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Skoll Investigation

Sending a second squadron your way, that's all I can spare right now. Good hunting.

CMD Howell

Previous Message:
date: 207.179

Commander,

As we discussed before, we sent light divisions inspect all the stars around the Research Station Tarantula. Engineering managed to built an automatic message shuttle for all the carriers, and at least one of them was assigned to each cluster group. They were ordered to avoid engaging any unknown contact and come back to report, as they would certainly be outnumbered. Commodore A'Holia and I agree that we cannot afford to loose ships every time we send them to gather intelligence anymore. I would have preferred not to split them that much, or at least send larger ships, but then it would have taken 3 months just to correctly scan each stars in a one light year radius.

Two weeks later, 8 hours ago, Captain Iana Itano's message shuttle came back. She had detected some suspicious activity around her division in the Alatar system. She brought her ships at extreme detection range to get at least some useful data then sent her shuttle our way. She included a note explaining she intended to shake them off, or at least join with Captain Marco Shawn's division that was nearby.
   I immediately sent all remaining light forces to support or rescue them, they should arrive on site in 36 hours. In a second time we assembled a heavy recon force from the Cruisers and Destroyers present here, plus an Hospital ship and a mobile repair gantry. This slower force will depart for Alatar if Cpt Itano is more that 8 hours late. I intend to be on board to try to get a firsthand look on the location.

As for the shuttle's data, it shows four ships signatures, plus some fighters screen. It is impossible to pinpoint their affiliation, not that we didn't recognized any ship but that they are from pretty much every manufacturer in the sector. My interpretation, shared by Commodore A'Holia, is that they are distording their emissions to fake another ships signature.
   Given how elusive the Skolls have been, I think we should assume it's one of their force (and they are always trying to mimic other ships signatures). Though one corollary of this assumption is that they should always try to fake a smaller ship's signature, to avoid detection as much as possible and make enemy captains under-estimate their forces. The problem is that one of those four ships had the energy signature of an Onslaught, that would mean there is a large ship in that system.

A-LT Lynda Gomez

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Video report transcript
Alatar system, 3rd planet, moon
Ground inspection team, Engineer Nikolas Leyeiv,

//transcription begin:
[N. Leyeiv] - "... Is it on? Oh right, hum Lieutenant Gomez, Engineer Leyeiv. I'm supervising the inspection on the crash site. We arrived only a few hours ago but there are some developments you may want to now about sooner than later. Firstly, the object landed very recently. The atmosphere is pretty thick but there was no dust on the object, and it was still slightly hotter than the environment to boot. I think it has been here for less than a week. We know nothing yet about it's velocity at the impact or it's orbit before, but we certainly can't rule out the possibility that it is a debris from the battle with Cpt... What's her name?

[out of screen] - "Itano."

[N.L.] - "Right, Itano. Anyway, that is certainly a possibility. Or more, because the probability of an unknown object unrelated to that battle to land here at a few days of interval is... Well, we could say that technically it's no zero. The second and maybe more important point is that it's not a ship. It's... Hard to believe given the size of the object, but it's a weapon. The barrel of a weapon to be precise. I won't speculate on the size of the complete weapon, but it's simply huge. Even the TCP aren't that large.

As you are very well aware, it's the first time we can inspect Skoll technology up close. Assuming this is a piece of their ship that is. The atmosphere from this moon probably prevented them form getting it back, or destroying it from orbit. We already have learned a lot about their technology:

The nature of the projectile is unknown but we can assume it isn't supposed to touch the barrel itself. There are massive super-conducting electromagnets on the length of the barrel, but they don't seems to be used for accelerating the projectile, only aim it.
   We also took some materiel samples of the hull and while the final analysis isn't complete I can already say that it's roughly as sturdy as civilian anti-meteor armor, but for a quarter of the weight and a much fainter radiations reflection. It really is a highly interesting alloy, very high-end.
   And that puzzle me to be honest, because the most sensitive parts have a different coating. That second armor is much less impressive. It's still a bit lighter that our own alloys, but far from the same performances at the same weight. Same goes for the technological sample we retrieved. Some are very advanced, like their miniature electronic circuits, they should burn instantly from the heat of the current, or they would if built from our materials. Other systems are on the other hand very inefficient.
   A few bodies remnants have been recovered. I say remnants because the impact must have been pretty violent. They have been sent to the fleet for autopsy.

Unlike what I said before we landed, we may be able to unearth the object, and maybe even get it in orbit. I didn't anticipated such lightweight materials. We will need another atmospheric ship for that though, because it's size makes it unwieldy to transport, I... I'm repeating myself, but it's something to behold! Luke, attach the landing footage to this will you, the LT will want to see it anyway.

[out of screen] *inaudible*

[N.L.] - "Right, okay, I'll send you a formal report tonight. Our night that is, in 8 hours when it's going to be too dark to work efficiently even with flood lights. Okay, you can cut the re..."
//end of transcription

Attachment:
Spoiler
[close]
*click to enlarge*
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:35:28 AM by Tartiflette »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98