Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097761 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Scy V0.8 (12/11) Rearmored Update
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »

You mean you have worst performances having only Scy and it's required LazyLib and TwigLib than before? Or could it be interacting weirdly with other mods? Also is it all the time, or only during combat? Lastly is is happening with all ships or only with the new multi-ships?

Those new ships makes the mod a bit more more intense on the processor during combat, but it shouldn't make the sharp difference you are suggesting considering all the other scripts going on in the game. There is also some other scripts that run in campaign but those really shouldn't make a difference. If I could have some more details that could help find the problem.

k2arim99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »

i have lazylib,twig,starsectorplus and shaderlib
but i will test as you said

k2arim99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »

confirmed it was starsector+ or shaderlib that caused the problem

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »

;D I suspected so when I saw your installed mods!
If your computer hang during combat, you can try to disable some effect (or all shaders if need be) in SharderLib's setting.json. When the shader's are disabled, the mod impact is effectively null.
If you're having trouble during campaign, I'd suggest reducing the number of AI fleets in SS+'s setting.json (vanilla has 100 fleets max). That could help a bit I think.
Both files are located in their mod/data/config folders. You should edit them with Notepad, or better notepad++, and avoid wordpad!

k2arim99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2014, 03:12:47 PM »

error testing
157136 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.SCY_moveTartarus.advance(SCY_moveTartarus.java:109)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »

You, you tried to dump your fuel to get to Tartarus! ;D Tss Tss
Anyway that's a bug already taken care of, I sneakily uploaded another version of Scy today, just re-download it and it should work (and I'd advise against this method to get to Tartarus...)

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

If you know the way there, does this make getting to Tartarus any more difficult or will the way always be where it should be (I'm being vague for obvious reasons :v) relative to Tartarus?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »

Wow, err I'm not sure I understood, maybe you were too vague on this one! If you are asking about my previous post, let's just say that dumping fuel above Tartarus' wormhole to get to the system just drop you in Acheron (as it should). To access Tartarus, you still have the same hidden passage than before (only the name changed) and a second, more logical, passage has been added. Now there isn't any excuse not to find it when looking for it ^^.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »

Wait, there's two ways to get into Tartarus?  And I have no idea if I've found the easy one or the hard one.

Must find that next one.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2014, 12:32:15 AM »

Ran into the same crash as k2arim99 today, except the circumstance was that I used up the last of my fuel as my fleet was starting the hyperspace jump animation into the right jump point. I downloaded my copy at 3:30pm EST, so I can't tell if it's the version where you've fixed it. Or maybe it's a different problem.

Also, the amount of lag caused by the heavy modular swarmer seems to have greatly increased since the last version. 3-4 of them firing at once causes a noticeable framerate drop.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2014, 01:12:30 AM »

Mmh, Drop box might have derped and didn't uploaded the file correctly? Or I did that myself, who knows... In any case, I reuploaded the mod with the crash fix and another minor correction (I made a typo that prevented the faction from posting named bounties... I suppose I should have tested that more thoroughly)

As for the Swarmer, I does cause a small slowdown during launching, when the missiles seek their targets, but not so much during the flight. I didn't changed the code much so there shouldn't be any difference than before. If the lag is really unbearable, there isn't many ways to fix it but to reduce the number of missiles it launches (and that would be just sad :(): 4 Swarmers means 200 missiles in flight at once, and their AI is already far simpler than the vanilla missiles. No amount of optimization will improve the performances if your processor is a bit old. I'll try to improve it a bit further but don't expect more than a couple of FPS.

Hm, now thinking of it, the adaptive Vsync of SS only allow 60 or 30 fps, so it is possible that when launching missiles, your fps goes slightly under 60fps and the game instantly cap it to 30, causing a much more noticeable difference than it should. Try disabling Vsync in SS/starsector-core/data/config/setting.json (line 8, right at the top) and see if it run more smoothly.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:14:03 AM by Tartiflette »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2014, 06:53:09 AM »

I don't suppose there's a way to make the armor plates untargetable in the UI and not fill the messages field with half a dozen "XYZ has no combat-capable craft remaining" messages?

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2014, 08:10:17 AM »

Nope, but the request has been made to Alex for certain things to be suppressed, but he generally doesn't add features that he doesn't put into the core game himself - which is fair. By all rights the game engine was never intended to even do what has been done, but we've implemented is a natural outcome of a number of API sections becoming available.

k2arim99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2014, 12:13:03 PM »

You, you tried to dump your fuel to get to Tartarus! ;D Tss Tss
Anyway that's a bug already taken care of, I sneakily uploaded another version of Scy today, just re-download it and it should work (and I'd advise against this method to get to Tartarus...)
i truly get without fuel but thanks for the fixing

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 16, 2014, 05:07:56 AM »

Also, the amount of lag caused by the heavy modular swarmer seems to have greatly increased since the last version. 3-4 of them firing at once causes a noticeable framerate drop.
[...] I didn't changed the code much so there shouldn't be any difference than before. [...] I'll try to improve it a bit further but don't expect more than a couple of FPS.

Turned out I was wrong on both counts...
The AI could be vastly optimized... But it still doesn't mater because it was already fast and didn't caused much slowdown: The problem came from the trails!
So, I found some values for the trail proprieties that look almost exactly the same but much lighter on the cpu. You can replace the swarmed projectile with the one attached. SCY\data\weapons\proj and change back it's extension to .proj (the forum only allow to attach txt files). If it still causes large fps drops, you can reduce further the duration and increase the min segment of the contrail.

I hope it helps...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 98