Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097703 times)

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Scy V0.66b [04/10] Removed broken content, added starter frigate
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »

I totally had problem finding the station too. I even enabled Scy only to see where that station is. Very clever thing you did there... Mind blown.

Something funny happens when you play it alongside with Gotcha!'s Bushi though.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »

New ship incoming!

The Telchine class mining destroyer

Spoiler

Equipped with a spinal Deconstruction Beam

If you didn't guessed, it's a beam that ignore armor and directly damage the hull, though at a slow rate.
[close]

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:49 PM »

Armor piercing beams!

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2014, 10:21:07 AM »

Yep, I was right, the hidden system conflicts with Bushi since they share the same system name of Hades.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »

Quad trails, I love youuuu...
Check this Itano Circus tribute to know why!

To keep you all posted, know that I'll release a compatibility update soon-ish (before the weekend if all goes right). It will be a barebone compatibility, just the faction using vanilla behavior. The "true" update will come much later and will, I hope, feature 2 new ships, a much more complex behavior with other factions (including the player faction), mining fleets, custom goods...

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »

That missile swarm trail is woah.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2014, 11:38:04 PM »

That wasn't very impressive... Ah who am I kidding, you did better than I would have.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2014, 12:04:02 AM »

This is a great faction... makes me want to get back to work on my own.

Speaking of work though, your work is GREAT! And the animation toutorial will come in great handy when i get started THAT far into the makin' of my sprites... but, that'll be later.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Scy V0.69 [23/10] 0.6.5a compatible, read the installation instructions!
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »

require LazyWizzard's LazyLib.

ATTENTION,
due to some bug with the current Starsector release, playing a faction mod require a small manipulation:

To make the faction appear, you need to add it to the economy and starmap files.
 - backup Starsector\starsector-core\data\campaign\starmap.json
        and Starsector\starsector-core\data\campaign\econ\economy.json
 - then add
Code
"Acheron":[-4500,1000],
"tartarus":[-4500,1000],
to starmap.json, and
Code
"tartarus.json",
to economy.json

if you only play with Scy, the files should looks like
starmap.json
Spoiler
Code
{
"starSystemLocations":{
"askonia":[1000,4000],
"corvus":[8000,-1000],
"valhalla":[7000,6000],
"arcadia":[3000,-7000],
"magec":[-3000,-4000],
"eos":[-10000,-2000],                
"Acheron":[-4500,1000],
"tartarus":[-4500,1000],
}
}
[close]
economy.json
Spoiler
Code
{
"version":2.0,

"initialStepsToRun":500,
"maxExoticUtilityAtRange":14000,
"defaultConnectionMult":1,
"defaultConnectionFlat":1,
"defaultTariff":0.3,

"starSystems":[
"askonia.json",
"corvus.json",
"valhalla.json",
"arcadia.json",
"magec.json",
"eos.json",
                "tartarus.json",
],

"map":"../starmap.json",

}
[close]

This is really just a compatibility update, I didn't dug into balancing and many new descriptions are missing. It should be playable though. Please report any trouble! I think the problem with engines too fragile will get very apparent on Scy hulls given their single engine designs and frontal shields. Also the prices might out of place. This is more of a beta release, consider yourself warned  ;)

Changelog
Spoiler
V0.69
23/10/2014

0.65a compatibility: For now it's a bare-bone compatibility, with descriptions missing and no custom stations sprites.

The Hades System is now the Acheron System to avoid names clashes with Gotcha's Bushi faction.

New ship:
 - Telchine class mining ship: designed to harvest rare ores from asteroids, this destroyer is equipped with a Deconstruction beam able to damage ship hull ignoring armor, and can deploy mining drones to repel incoming missiles and fighters with their grav hammer.

Weapon overhaul:
 - Massively improved G.R.R.R. graphics, the weapon now look very satisfying to fire
 - Improved Penetrator Rail Gun graphics, the bullets are now more visible.
 - Slightly changed ENB bullet graphics.
 - Vastly improved EMP Nova. It's once again a ship system and is properly used by AI controlled ships. Greatly improved graphics. You can now fear the Medusa...
 - Slightly improved KACC graphics, they no longer have a charge-up.
 - Both the main and secondary ordinance of the Ricochet Gun now deal HIGH-EXPLOSIVE damage (was ENERGY).
 - Manticore Phase Torpedoes Launcher has now a 3sec loading cycle (was 5sec).
 - Improved Teleporter gun visual effect.
 - Improved graphics of the EMP Sweeper missiles
 - Improved ORION Artillery behavior. The gun now launch a 10 stages ordinance that accelerate every few moments, deal more and more Kinetic damage for less and less High explosive (total DPS constant)
 - Huge performance improvement of all weapons scripts

Corrected some minor errors in mount types on the Khalkotauroi cruiser.

New sounds for most weapons, courtesy of SniZupGun for some of them
[close]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:36:38 AM by Tartiflette »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

aethallyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, your mod looks cool.

You have a few inconsistencies with capitalization, which causes the game to refuse to load on Linux until a few file names are changed. I had to make the following changes to get it to load:

in SCY/sounds/SCY/sfx_weapons:
SCY_autoNailer_fire_01.ogg -> SCY_autonailer_fire_01.ogg
SCY_autoNailer_fire_02.ogg -> SCY_autonailer_fire_02.ogg
SCY_autoNailer_fire_03.ogg -> SCY_autonailer_fire_03.ogg
SCY_Kbeam_intro.ogg -> SCY_kBeam_intro.ogg
SCY_Kbeam_arcs.ogg -> SCY_kBeam_arcs.ogg
SCY_Kbeam_loop.ogg -> SCY_kBeam_loop.ogg

in SCY/graphics/SCY/weapons:
SCY_pierce_mkII -> SCY_pierce_mkii

In addition, your systems do not show up. I have made the changes you outlined, and I wonder if it comes to other capitalization issues. The mod is loaded (I can see your ships in the codex).

sigi87

• Ensign
    • View Profile

finally found the system your SCI is in, sadly there are no pirates. And the game crashes every time I click intel ...

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You have a few inconsistencies with capitalization, which causes the game to refuse to load on Linux until a few file names are changed. I had to make the following changes to get it to load:
   Already taken care of, but thanks, I shall pay more attention from now on!

In addition, your systems do not show up. I have made the changes you outlined, and I wonder if it comes to other capitalization issues. The mod is loaded (I can see your ships in the codex).
   If you see only the Acheron system, it's working as intended: the Scy system is hidden, and you'll have to investigate to find it! (I gave a hint a few messages earlier)

finally found the system your SCI is in, sadly there are no pirates. And the game crashes every time I click intel ...
   The intel bug is a vanilla bug because the game try to show the player position on the hyperspace map, witch it can't because the system is hidden. Alex already corrected it in the coming hotfix. In the meantime, don't open intel while in Tartarus.
   As for pirates, I don't intend to put some, it wouldn't make any sense with their lore. I'm still thinking about how to deal with the reputation problem, and their double faced nature (half pirates, half smugglers)... I may create a subfaction, it would use vanilla ships and be the only ally of Scy. If you manage to get friendly with them, they would negotiate the open passage to Tartarus and access to their gear. Anyway, no promises as we modders are still familiarizing ourselves with the API to find what's possible and what isn't.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Considering Scy ships come with Augmented Engines natively, any chance of the cargo type ships having additional space to express them as such? I'd figure that having it built in from the start would mean they'd offset the typical problem at least somewhat.

I'll admit that a main reason is that I want the cargo space numbers to be nice and round. :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:08:16 PM by Nanao-kun »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile

CHANGELOG
Spoiler
V0.7 WIP

26/10/2014
Third and last Scy station sprite
New portraits
Improved autoresolve behavior for all non beam weapons. The DPS values now gives a good idea of the weapon power as scripted damage can now be "faked" in the calculation.

25/10/2014
Rebalancing of all ships costs cargo and CR requirement.
 - Friendly warning: the pure combat frigates like the Tisiphone, the Megeara or the Medusa no longer have any cargo space to reflect their optimization for battle.
 - The Lealapses and Orthruses now have very long recovery times to limit missile spam exploits. (for justification, just imagine it takes time to reload all those missiles mounts)
 - All wings come in same amount of fighters.
Added descriptions to the stations, planets and to the Faction Intel screen.

24/10/2014
New planets textures for Elysee and the Mining Colony including night cities glow
Stations sprites
[close]

That should clear up what I'm currently doing. I didn't changed much the cargo space other than expanding the freighter ones and reducing it on the pure combat ships (you will always need a support fleet now, except with a couple of ships). I didn't changed them to round numbers, but I might do that as well. The unintended consequence of the cargo changes is that I need yet another frigate! A good all around ship for both combat and cargo. Probably an intermediary between the Centaur, the Tisiphone and the Alecto to match the Lasher role...
Also I still need to make a decision about Scy behavior in campaign. I may simply make their system accessible again as a temporary fix, but it really isn't fitting their lore.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 98