Fractal Softworks Forum
June 24, 2018, 07:31:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Pirate Bases, Raids, and Objectives (06/12/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Scy V1.40RC1 (2018/04/22)  (Read 371299 times)
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1080 on: March 05, 2018, 04:20:19 PM »

1 The easiest (or maybe the only viable) starts with Scy should be either Talos or Alecto starts. But even then it won't be that easy. The faction is designed to be somewhat challenging to play.

2 outated suff...

3 Yeah they are very much a mid way between harpoons and Pilums.

4 That's part of the balance of the weapon: it completely nullify the enemy's missile threat, but also affects the ship's own missiles.

00lewnor
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #1081 on: March 10, 2018, 01:04:35 PM »

I just run into some weird behaviour with modular armour:

• Firstly the armour is not protected from AOE by shields, flash bombers (proximity charges) and ship explosions have both destroyed armour segments on my Corocotta (armoured) with the shields raised which doesn’t seem right.
  • Secondly my ship is taking hull damage between combat ending and the post battle dialog. I assume that this is how I am paying the supply cost to repair the armour and so is intended but; A) this leads onto my next point and B) if I get into another fight before I have repaired the ‘armour’ damage will I have all of my armour but hull damage or will it remember that I have full hull but missing armour?
  • Thirdly the aforementioned hull damage from lost armour seems to count towards crew casualties. In the situation that brought this to my attention I fought some domain era [REDACTED] and took no hull damage, but lost the front three armour segments, through shields, to the final ship exploding. Despite knowing that I took no hull damage the post battle dialog showed my Corocotta as damaged and told me I had lost thirty crew which, again, doesn’t seem correct.

Edit:

Two more minor things:
  • In the refit screen indicators for weapon locations are drawn underneath modular Armor components until I move my mouse near them.
  • Armor parts exploding seem to be far too energetic, especially multiple parts at the same time. The explosion easily whites out the area around them including the ship they were mounted on and any further threats incoming, is it possible to decrease the scale of the explosion? (note that I have GraphicsLib as well which I believe affects ship and module explosions)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:17:59 AM by 00lewnor » Logged
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1082 on: March 11, 2018, 03:47:03 PM »

Well, the armor ships are a basic implementation of the vanilla system so there isn't much I can do about any of these issues (some of which are new to me: damage to hull after the en of the combat? That really sounds weird) So sorry I'm not of much help, but those should probably be reported to Alex instead.

00lewnor
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #1083 on: March 30, 2018, 04:51:33 AM »

FYI I have posted the above weirdness into the bug reports & support forum (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13339.0). (Delayed due to Stellaris on sale in the humble store)

Just to be sure the armour modules are unmanned right?

Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1084 on: April 22, 2018, 03:21:37 AM »

Requires LazyWizard's LazyLib.

Post Tournament Update, mostly fixes.
No save will be harmed when applying this patch.

Changelog

BALANCING:

- ORION Artillery:
   . Removed ammo limitation entirely,
   . Firerate reduced from 40 rpm to 30,
   . Improved visual feedback.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Zone Scorcher ship debuff fixed (was reducing dealt damage too much but also reduced incoming damage)

- Singularity Torpedoes:
   . Removed buggy spinning effect,
   . Always create the singularity at the point of impact instead of the center of the ship hit,
   . Slightly changed the Swirling calculation.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:28:33 AM by Tartiflette » Logged

cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #1085 on: April 23, 2018, 02:15:36 PM »

- Singularity Torpedoes:
   . Removed buggy spinning effect,
   . Always create the singularity at the point of impact instead of the center of the ship hit,
   . Slightly changed the Swirling calculation.

hehehe... No more spinning ships I see.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]
  Print  

Jump to: