Fractal Softworks Forum
November 18, 2017, 10:57:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Economy & Outposts (9/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Scy V1.34RC1 (27/09/2017)  (Read 303431 times)
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »

So some where in the 60+ pages of comments this may be answered..

Saw this mod, thought it looked neato! Download..install..boot up..

Uhm; where do I encounter the new ships? Do I need to start an entirely new game for that to work, or will my current one work? I'm curious is all. I had one random Legion encounter <I think it said Legion> but it was just standard low tier pirate hulls that quickly died to my swarm of autocannon equipped ships and I saw nothing in loot that was new..

So! Help? Tongue

... First off, have you got any other mods installed?

If the answer is "None" then that's your problem: SCY requires a couple of under-the-hood "library" mods ("LazyLib" and "TwigLib") to operate it's advanced game features, and if you don't have them it won't actually run.

What's confusing me is what this "Legion" encounter of yours is. :/ Wat? I presume it's from another mod, which contradicts my first thought, but I can't think what. There's certainly no "Legion" in the stock game.

Also, regardless of what mods you've installed, you will almost certainly need a new world/save to introduce the relevant faction/ships/stations/systems etc.

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
TomKnollRFV
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »

I've got the required mods for it. No other ship mods installed.

And I wasn't paying attention to the battle, I just initiated and hit autopilot, which I wish I hadn't. I think it was Caeser's Legion..I have no idea.

I've now deleted my saved games, and started the game up. Still no way to start with Scy as a faction. Which I thought I could..and I don't really see them on the hyper space map either. Not that I exactly know if their system colours would change..

Sad BUT the game codex shows the hulls and gun info. So it clearly loaded the files for that.
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 13, 2017, 08:12:35 PM »

I've got the required mods for it. No other ship mods installed.

And I wasn't paying attention to the battle, I just initiated and hit autopilot, which I wish I hadn't. I think it was Caeser's Legion..I have no idea.

I've now deleted my saved games, and started the game up. Still no way to start with Scy as a faction. Which I thought I could..and I don't really see them on the hyper space map either. Not that I exactly know if their system colours would change..

Sad BUT the game codex shows the hulls and gun info. So it clearly loaded the files for that.

Weird weird. I can't remember what the SCY system is called, but it should be visible on the Hyperspace map. And you can only start "as a faction" with Nexerelin I believe. Otherwise you'd have to manually find them, work up a reputation and get a commission.

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
TomKnollRFV
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

..Well, that would explain that. I was thinking it was default. I better go exploring !
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 13, 2017, 08:22:31 PM »

I better go exploring !

It's a part of the game that's gonna get even bigger in the next update. Wink Have fun!

TomKnollRFV
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1025 on: April 13, 2017, 08:24:57 PM »

Seems from messages I get about shortages the system is 'Tartarus' but when I go to Tartarus, the jump point only gives me the option to leave. I am the must unlucky person ever Tongue
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 13, 2017, 09:47:52 PM »

Seems from messages I get about shortages the system is 'Tartarus' but when I go to Tartarus, the jump point only gives me the option to leave. I am the must unlucky person ever Tongue

O.o Wait. Tartarus is a system inside a system. There's something clever you have to do...

Where is it giving you only the "Leave" option? From Hyperspace?

Midnight Kitsune
Admiral

Your Friendly Forum Furry!

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 13, 2017, 10:34:50 PM »

So some where in the 60+ pages of comments this may be answered..

Saw this mod, thought it looked neato! Download..install..boot up..

Uhm; where do I encounter the new ships? Do I need to start an entirely new game for that to work, or will my current one work? I'm curious is all. I had one random Legion encounter <I think it said Legion> but it was just standard low tier pirate hulls that quickly died to my swarm of autocannon equipped ships and I saw nothing in loot that was new..

So! Help? Tongue
Yeah, you need a new game most of the time, which is why Save Transfer exists

Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
adimetro00
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #1028 on: April 26, 2017, 06:10:34 PM »

Hey, Tartiflette. With the new multi-hull modular ship system of 0.8a, How will you make the armored ship's armor and keto's gun and fighter bay with that system?
Seeing that they can break off individually by damage, how will you integrate these ships to the new multi-hull system?
cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #1029 on: April 26, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

Hey, Tartiflette. With the new multi-hull modular ship system of 0.8a, How will you make the armored ship's armor and keto's gun and fighter bay with that system?
Seeing that they can break off individually by damage, how will you integrate these ships to the new multi-hull system?
Most likely [REDACTED]

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1030 on: April 26, 2017, 11:03:44 PM »

It always has been the plan to switch to Modules and ditch TwigLib, and since they work almost the same way it only took minutes to do the conversion. Now I have to wait for 0.8.1 due to some bug to release the update.

Igncom1
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #1031 on: May 27, 2017, 10:47:55 AM »

I'm looking forward to getting this mod once it updates! All your mods have such great quality! The DA and ORA are great additions to starsector.
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1032 on: May 27, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »

Thanks, it's almost working on my end, just need a couple of fixes and that 0.8.1 update to release....

Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1033 on: June 03, 2017, 02:58:06 PM »

Modules are here, and TwigLib is gone! While it allowed Scy to feature breakable ships years before the base game it was somewhat cumbersome and it is a relief to finally be able to rely on an official system rather than hacks and shenanigans. With the advent of Sustained Burn, larger systems are now possible, thus Acheron and Tartarus are now a single massive binary system rather than interconnected distinct ones.

Enjoy!

REQUIRES

Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin and Corvus mode.
Compatible with Dark.Revenant's GraphicLib
Integrated with Dark.Revenant's DynaSector

CHANGELOG:
v1.3

0.8.1 update

Everything has changed...

No more Twiglib
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:21:32 PM by Tartiflette » Logged

Hussar
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 03, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »