Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Raiding for Fun and Profit (11/27/19)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] SAD: Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors  (Read 69044 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] SAD: Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2019, 02:55:14 AM »

So, I have to amend my statement. I completely forgot to come back here, as I was originally waiting to avoid double-posting.

I checked the entire sector, with dev mode, revealing all beacons. Low and Mid existed, but all "High" beacons were SAD. I checked every one. They popped on the notification feed as "High", but when approached, were SAD systems. No Remnant systems spawned in my game.

Sigh, what i have done to my mod for become like that, i will need to check how do correctly Blade breaker system, it seems.

Sorry for these troubles.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2019, 03:01:30 PM »

I think you may be running into both a bit of bad luck and a minor bug in the theme generator code. (Note - I'm assuming you're using something like vanilla's RemnantThemeGenerator class to add the SAD systems, but I can't say for sure because I didn't see any source files packaged with your mod...)

The bad luck comes from an unlucky sector seed that doesn't generate very many systems that can be used by the RemnantThemeGenerator. Looking at the vanilla code, it only tries to add Remnant beacons to systems with either 4+ planets or 1+ habitable planets - and only if those systems have a real primary star (no nebulas, black holes, or neutron stars allowed). Unfortunately, if someone is using mods that add their own theme generators then it's actually possible to "use" up all of the good systems before the Remnants get generated. To avoid this problem you could try reducing the total number of generated SAD systems (I think Soren made a similar change to DME's Blade Breakers a while back). It won't guarantee the Remnants will find enough systems, but it will make it much more likely...

The minor bug I mentioned is only an issue if your code is based on the vanilla RemnantThemeGenerator class. A while back, I reported an issue about it ignoring the CONSTELLATION_SKIP_PROB value (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14882.msg241589#msg241589), so if your code is based on the vanilla version of that class then you might be doing something similar. If that's true, then you may want to try removing the questionable "skipProb = 0f;" line to cause your theme generator to skip the occasional system and allow the Remnants the chance to claim it instead.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »

I think you may be running into both a bit of bad luck and a minor bug in the theme generator code. (Note - I'm assuming you're using something like vanilla's RemnantThemeGenerator class to add the SAD systems, but I can't say for sure because I didn't see any source files packaged with your mod...)

The bad luck comes from an unlucky sector seed that doesn't generate very many systems that can be used by the RemnantThemeGenerator. Looking at the vanilla code, it only tries to add Remnant beacons to systems with either 4+ planets or 1+ habitable planets - and only if those systems have a real primary star (no nebulas, black holes, or neutron stars allowed). Unfortunately, if someone is using mods that add their own theme generators then it's actually possible to "use" up all of the good systems before the Remnants get generated. To avoid this problem you could try reducing the total number of generated SAD systems (I think Soren made a similar change to DME's Blade Breakers a while back). It won't guarantee the Remnants will find enough systems, but it will make it much more likely...

The minor bug I mentioned is only an issue if your code is based on the vanilla RemnantThemeGenerator class. A while back, I reported an issue about it ignoring the CONSTELLATION_SKIP_PROB value (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14882.msg241589#msg241589), so if your code is based on the vanilla version of that class then you might be doing something similar. If that's true, then you may want to try removing the questionable "skipProb = 0f;" line to cause your theme generator to skip the occasional system and allow the Remnants the chance to claim it instead.
https://bitbucket.org/Snrasha/sad/src/master/src/data/
Sorry for the source, but on my version, i do not use CONSTELLATION_SKIP_PROB. But i will need to update my code for check why. Normally, my code generate after Remnant generator, but seems than the order do not seems to be good.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2019, 01:42:56 AM »

Download here
Requires LazyLib,GraphicsLib,MagicLib
No visible conflict with Nexerelin. Version Checker Available, Do not need Shadowyard for work

Version 1.0.1:
-Nerf the wavepulse(S) range to 750 from 900.
-Made 100% breakable all modules of stations.
-Nerf of the wadjet shield reduction damage to 1 from 0.8 (take 20% more damage on the shield)
-Fix generation of Sanguinary system, do not block remnant or blade breaker to spawn. (Need new game to spawn correctly)
-Sanguinary System can spawn on non-habitable system. (Where Remnant are always on these good spot, Sanguinary will not)

The reason of the nerf of Wavepulse is directly linked to a energy hardflux god-tier weapon of 900 range. So, nerfhammer.
The station got all modules full breakable because sometime, a armor module protect a inner module. And like armor module are big... well, problematic.
For the wadjet, too god-tier too, nerfed.

And for the generation system, need new game, but yeah finally, fix the generation.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:59:50 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »

Download here
No visible conflict with Nexerelin. Version Checker Available, Do not need Shadowyard for work

Version 1.0.1b hotfix:
-Fix weapon pool of the faction. (Some weapon never appears.)
-SAD fleet do not loot anymore survey but random blueprint (like they love steal them)
-SAD fleet will be more big. (Only new game)
-SAD doctrine will try to put more capital.
-More SAD fleet will spawn.

A hotfix for fix everything which go wrong, maybe a next hotfix will out because of some ajustement.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 10:08:23 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »

Download here

Version 1.0.1c hotfix:
-Add incompatibility with incompatible mods.
-Add compatibility with Adjusted Sector.
-Add 2 setting on Settings.json for modify the amount of SAD system. --> Adjusted Sector override this two setting.
-Add different color beacon on intel! SOOOO GOOD. (And yeah, no reason of why i have not put it before)

Hotfix for some pleasure and boring issues like the intel where you cannot see the difference between a SAD beacon and a Remnant.

Gladiator Society

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]