Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla  (Read 126421 times)

Chikanuk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »

I guess you're talking about the Charon? Yeah I'm disappointed too, Ground support effect is the same than for a cruiser... I plan to recycle the ship into something else
Not just Charon, all ships of this type in general. Maybe you can just mod this hullmod to scale, or\and made same sort of hullmod? Something like bonus to ground operation effectiveness with diminishing returns and ship size scale (like salvage gauntry, but with different numbers ofc). Btw its will be nice to have mod\ship with bonus to bombardment strengh too. I really think what in modded game we need this sort of ships sometimes.
Imho its better for Charon to be niche late game ship for conquest and raids than another warship.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2020, 11:48:31 PM »

Duplicating the Ground Support Package hullmod and making an adjusted-bonus version of it is easy-peasy, I've done it in DaRa for a couple of frigate-scale ground support vehicles where the regular vanilla GSP would be way overpowered - my lighter version provides a max bonus of 40 compared to the vanilla one's 100. It's easy enough to do and (as long as you give it a different name, even if similar) you shouldn't need to worry about confusing players too much.

Chikanuk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2020, 03:45:37 AM »

as long as you give it a different name, even if similar
I vote for superground megasupport package!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2020, 11:46:34 PM »

Heh, well the downscaled DaRa version is just "Ground Support Kit", so I can't really push for something any less unoriginal. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]