Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 940239 times)

CitizenJoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.1
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2016, 01:25:39 PM »

Oi, whats with the save-breaking file name changes every other patch ???

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2016, 01:45:09 PM »

Use console commands and Save transfer and you wont have to worry about broken saves any more
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

CitizenJoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2016, 01:49:39 PM »

Use console commands and Save transfer and you wont have to worry about broken saves any more

Well I kinda do, since the invalid file names seem to somehow try and carry over and the game crashes.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:54:07 PM by CitizenJoe »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2016, 02:42:23 PM »

You are supposed to copy save, update, then make a new pilot and load save.

CitizenJoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »

You are supposed to copy save, update, then make a new pilot and load save.

Heh, thats an awful description of how to use save transfer there Dark  :'(

Anywho, after actually thinking and realizing this probably wasn't intended behavior nor neglecting save transfer's potential use considering you also made save transfer Dark, I did some testing of things and it appears something really screwy is going on with just a couple of my saves, but most seem fine. Could be an actual bug. The game is closing to desktop after trying to load the save data for specific saves into a new one. Log just cuts off mid-stream.

Will update with useful info later, I need to sleep now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:28:53 PM by CitizenJoe »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.7.2a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.2
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2016, 12:25:48 AM »

Now works in 0.7.2a!

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.10.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.1)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta 1.2.1) (Updated!)
(Supported by Starsector+ 3.3.0) (Updated!)
(Supported by Nexerelin 0.7.4) (Compatibility update soon!)

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Version 1.10.2:
- Javelin damage increased to 1000 from 900
- Slot adjustments (Composite/Synergy)
- Adjustments for 0.7.2a
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:48:25 AM by Dark.Revenant »

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.2
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2016, 12:44:11 AM »

Thank you so much! Damn, you are fast  ;D
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2016, 01:39:52 AM »

The mediafire link is to v1.0 :)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2016, 07:47:20 AM »

Mediafire is a pile of absolute *** garbage.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2016, 08:18:33 AM »

Dropbox FTW.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2016, 11:13:55 AM »

Dropbox FTW.

If they didn't require you to either use their special folder or create filesystem links everywhere, I'd love them.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 18, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »

Things I've found. (Opinions may or may not coincide with your own.)

Lynx is groovy.
Not a very good flagship, but a pretty decent support ship. I actually prefer the S variant because mobility.

Solis cannon is something that should have existed long long ago, it fits nicely in the huge gap between chaingun & mauler.
Telum cannon is metal as hell. Eats through flux, but wrecks anything in front of it. 5 of these on an Enforcer is quite amusing.
Lux cannon is a super fun counterpart to the light needler.
Hv. Pulse laser is nice, but a flux hog. Doesn't seem to "fit" on frigates very well.

The fire control hull mod is a right bugger. I can never make my mind up if I want to use it or not.
Think you've nailed this one first go.

Sieges are no longer loot PiƱatas.

The starship market is a pretty nice "something extra" if you're struggling to find a new toy.

My only negative thing is the Ex Vis system.
You've all the less than fun traits of Valhalla, and not only magnified them but added a literal minefield as well.
It looks amazing.
It is tedious to play there though. And that means it's not going to get visited much. (Like Valhalla.)

Suggestion:
Compress the system a little to reduce content free hold-shift-travelling.
Reduce the density of the central minefield to allow clearer passages as it has the same derpy hit detection as the hyperspace storms which are v. frustrating when you avoid them but still get hit anyway.

Solid job.
Thank you for all your effort. (We do appreciate you, even if we do complain endlessly. :P)

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2016, 11:28:34 PM »

I have been trying thoroughly, THOROUGHLY, for weeks to get an imperium playthrough going in nexerlin, and it just doesn't work, there just doesn't seem to be anything there to use, you can't fight any speed or frigate based faction for obvious reasons, which rules out the pirates, luddic path, and roughly half of the mod factions, you can't fight any of the offensively focused factions because it's a slugging match you won't win, which rules out everything else.
Don't get me wrong, when the Imperium ships work they work beautifully, and I even made some good headway into the IBB in one of my attempts, but they always end the same way, me dying to an otherwise easy fleet because of my complete inability to choose when and where I'm even willing to engage, never mind where I want to, and heavy flux inefficiency of my ships due to expensive weapons and poor shields.
Honestly I'm just gonna have to say that an even predominately II player fleet is not feasible unless you can fill up half your 35 ships cap out of the gate, and honestly I find myself simply passing up II ships (except the Lynx) when I find them, unless I'm looking to try something silly that almost never works, because they just become such a liability in mixed fleets due to the below average agility and the resultant inability to effectively disengage and reengage as needed without the support of a large II battle line.
Now there is one thing I haven't tried yet, because going all into the combat skill tree with the emphasis on high OP weapons and fleet tactics seemed like a poor choice, but I'll have to try that when I get back home next week, trying to get this running now has eaten up many hours of persistent failure and humiliation.
Edit: you know maybe I'm going about this wrong and it's not the Imperium who suck early on it's the starter fleet Nexerlin gives me, though I didn't have any luck when I totally replaced all of those ships either, I don't know. I am thinking the Malleus is probably a bad flagship for a fleet of 3, and the basilius is just invalid 90% of the time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:45:24 PM by Surge »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2016, 12:20:38 AM »

Wow, that starting fleet sounds terrible.  It should have probably been a Sebastos, Legionary, Decurion, and Invictus.  That said, the Malleus eats frigates for breakfast.

The trick to a starting II fleet is to get Invicti and Decurions.  The Decurions are fast enough to engage at will and have slots that can punch through cruiser-tier defenses (if you have enough of them), and the Invictus can slug it out very effectively, like the old Brawler.  It can't face-tank indefinitely like the Brawler can, but it's basically a really meaty Lasher in practice.  After that, get a core of Legionaries before branching out.

Imperial ships don't really need to disengage and re-engage rapidly, due to how resilient they are.  In a mixed fleet, so long as the allies aren't too fast and leave them behind (or ahead), it works fine.  The problem is when your allies are really fast and leave the Imperial ships exposed or outnumbered.  The best way to prevent this is to pile on the range; use ITU and the FCS so that they stay as far back as possible.

If you're worried about poor shield performance, they're actually either about on par with midline ships most of the time, or somewhere between low-tech and midline otherwise.  Given that they're so tough on top of that (even more than low-tech, sometimes), this averages out to very resilient ships.  You can make them into mobile fortresses with Heavy Armor and Energized Armor; a Legionary with those mods can be hit by multiple cruisers at once and make it back with minor hull damage.

You don't have to use the 15-OP weapons; they're meant to be premium choices that fill in for their lack of large slots.  Imperial ships work fine with bog-standard vanilla gear.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 12:24:32 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.7.2a] Interstellar Imperium 1.11.0
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2016, 01:07:34 AM »

This update doesn't have much in terms of gameplay, but it features a sound/graphics overhaul!  There are dozens of new/updated sounds, plus most of the ship sprites were updated.

Examples:

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.11.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.1)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta 1.2.1b) (Updated!)
(Supported by Starsector+ 3.4.0) (Updated!)
(Supported by Nexerelin 0.7.4c) (Updated!)

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Version 1.11.0:
- Major sound overhaul for many weapons, effects, and abilities
- Sprite update to all ships, improving clarity and colors
- Added Tachyon Field in Ex Vis, which increases fleet speed
- Improved Javelin 100%
- Ballista weapons rebalanced
- Additional bug fixes
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67