Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 948352 times)

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.0
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2016, 01:41:56 AM »

II ships are very atypical

look at the dictator, it's basically just a pile of small / medium mounts and it's a heavy cruiser

it works out really well because sledge/railgun spam is incredibly nasty. that and as is standard on II the armor is incredibly durable. i don't even bother raising the shield.

in general II ships are very purpose-built, they really like the frontal standoff role, and the weapons and mount configs enable this. if you don't think medium/small II weapons compete against larges you're a fool or inexperienced or both. the ships in the mod are plenty effective.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2016, 02:57:30 PM »

Ok the big ass bomb missle I get...it sucks but Ill accept losing a ship in a miserable death...but the MIRV one is *** ***...i mean im all for playing the game but I would love to play the game...it launches so many missles it killed half my fleet.....doesnt help that those missles go across the battlefield....I would say to get rid of that missile...also the missile should not be trying to ram me...as much as that is ineffective after it is done killing half my fleet. Another issue is getting this faction to like me in vanilla is absurd...I dont even think they give out bounties so its so slow to be able to afford the things i need....leaving me to fight fleets double my size all the time because I keep chanting " I have money...I HAVE MONEY" at their station but unable to buy anything...I still need to figure out what commissioning is done but I am not even CLOSE to that
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:00:25 PM by Lopunny Zen »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »

Ok the big ass bomb missle I get...it sucks but Ill accept losing a ship in a miserable death...but the MIRV one is *** ***...i mean im all for playing the game but I would love to play the game...it launches so many missles it killed half my fleet.....doesnt help that those missles go across the battlefield....I would say to get rid of that missile...also the missile should not be trying to ram me...as much as that is ineffective after it is done killing half my fleet. Another issue is getting this faction to like me in vanilla is absurd...I dont even think they give out bounties so its so slow to be able to afford the things i need....leaving me to fight fleets double my size all the time because I keep chanting " I have money...I HAVE MONEY" at their station but unable to buy anything...I still need to figure out what commissioning is done but I am not even CLOSE to that

Sorry.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2016, 03:28:04 PM »

[...] also the missile should not be trying to ram me... [...]
That made me laugh.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2016, 04:30:29 PM »

Im serious once its out of ammo it has a booster and it tries to ram into me....never had a missile so clingy...like a bad relationship...it never watched Frozen i guess

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2016, 11:59:44 PM »

... Hitting you is kinda the whole the point of any missile.  ???
Or has my life been a lie all along and those missiles that where pursuing my ships only wanted a hug, and I'm a monster when I shoot them down instead?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:52:52 AM by Tartiflette »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2016, 02:42:22 AM »

Mass genocide when you "deny" the Exigency missile spam, aaaall those little missiles, all they wanted was a friend... ::)

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »

I'm not 100% sure but i think you can donate money to the "foundation representative" to boost relationship (you can find it in the same place where you can find mission postings/mercenary officers).

Also, commissioning means that you pretty much a corsair (a state-sponsored pirate/buccaneer/privateer more or less) for that faction, you first need to be at least favorable with the faction (or friendly i don't remember) and once you accept the commission you get money and relationship for every ship you kill that belong to a enemy's faction fleet (i.e. blackrock hates hegemony, get a commission from blackrock, get paid for blowing up hegemony ships), plus you get access to the best military ships of that faction.

That or agents.

For the MIRV missile thing i'd suggest to first bring in big ships (cruisers and bigger) with lots of PD to tank the volley and then bring in anything smaller once it has expended it's payload

For the BIG missile i'd suggest to bring only one fast ship, kite and hope you can catch a enemy ship or two in the blast. I guess
On the left half of the Bell curve

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »

I'm not 100% sure but i think you can donate money to the "foundation representative" to boost relationship (you can find it in the same place where you can find mission postings/mercenary officers).

Foundation representative is from the Steiner Foundation mod.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »

So... Why is storage on II worlds 10x more expensive than anywhere else?
(Didn't it used to be more than that as well?)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »

So... Why is storage on II worlds 10x more expensive than anywhere else?
(Didn't it used to be more than that as well?)

It's only expensive for Interstellar Bazaar.

Pulgrin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »

I think the ISA FCS hull mod is increasing beam turret turn speed which I imagine is unintended considering it "Does not effect beam weapons".

It seems to be by about 50%, I noticed it when poking around in simulator with a Wolf (I) and a tactical laser. Tested it with a few other beam weapons as well.

That aside, I love the faction and it's my favorite by a decent margin. Thanks for making it!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2016, 09:17:11 AM »

Under the hood, that hullmod lowers the speed of all turrets but then buffs beams back up to normal.  It's possible that I got the math wrong or that Alex messed something up.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.7.1a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.1
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2016, 06:04:43 PM »

Maintenance update.

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.10.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.1)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta 1.1.2)
(Supported by Starsector+ 3.2.1) (Updated!)
(Supported by Nexerelin 0.7.4) (Updated!)

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Version 1.10.1:
- Centurion renamed to Legionary
- Made Javelins less likely to ram into allies
- Gravity Cannon now does energy damage instead of fragmentation damage (all other stats the same)
- Minor bugfixes

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.1
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »

Why does the Gravity Cannon do Energy damage now? Fragmentation damage was much more plausible.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 67