Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 939830 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.7.1a] Interstellar Imperium 1.9.2
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2016, 02:07:45 AM »

The AI is very effective with Active Armor.  In my experience, it actually uses its shield a little too much.  It works extremely well against high-explosive weapons, saving lots of flux in most cases.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:09:33 AM by Dark.Revenant »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2016, 02:33:19 AM »

The AI is very effective with Active Armor.  In my experience, it actually uses its shield a little too much.  It works extremely well against high-explosive weapons, saving lots of flux in most cases.
Unfortunately usually I conduct a battle against much superior forces. 4 (including a leader) my large the ship go into battle more than about 30 frigates and cruisers. And sometimes meet to 7 large ships. And when "Caesar" participates in this long fight he receives on the armor much "Reaper`s" or others dangerous torpedoes. They anyway destroy its armor then the 75% bonus "Active Armor" ceases to influence the received loss. And the ship deprived of armor perishes very quickly. Instead of "Caesar" I use "Onslaught" or "Spinel - AiWar". Universal fighting vehicle for AI. I choose as the flagship one of these: "Dominus", "Paragon", "Onslaught XIV", "Donar - NGO" or "Vidar - NGO".

And a question not on a subject: the armor of the ships "Knight Templar" will be how strongly strengthened? At the moment their ships perish too quickly from kinetic arms. All than are dangerous their ships it only rockets "Clarent". And IBB ships. They aren't so dangerous as it would be desirable.

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2016, 04:56:39 AM »

Unfortunately usually I conduct a battle against much superior forces. 4 (including a leader) my large the ship go into battle more than about 30 frigates and cruisers. And sometimes meet to 7 large ships. And when "Caesar" participates in this long fight he receives on the armor much "Reaper`s" or others dangerous torpedoes. They anyway destroy its armor then the 75% bonus "Active Armor" ceases to influence the received loss. And the ship deprived of armor perishes very quickly. Instead of "Caesar" I use "Onslaught" or "Spinel - AiWar". Universal fighting vehicle for AI. I choose as the flagship one of these: "Dominus", "Paragon", "Onslaught XIV", "Donar - NGO" or "Vidar - NGO".

And a question not on a subject: the armor of the ships "Knight Templar" will be how strongly strengthened? At the moment their ships perish too quickly from kinetic arms. All than are dangerous their ships it only rockets "Clarent". And IBB ships. They aren't so dangerous as it would be desirable.

I'll make the Caesar use the system less when its hull is decreased.  However, the damage reduction still applies even if the armor is gone; it's a 75% reduction overall, regardless of armor state.

Kinetic weapons are a good choice against Templars if you have tons of it, otherwise it will only really serve to slowly wear down their armor.  It's one of the most viable methods of fighting them.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »

Just a note....the II dreadnought is pretty undergunned having zero large mounts at all....the 8 mediums dont make up for that fact, nor does the MAC.  its speed 20 and turns like a slug.   I cant ever, ever see a reason to field one that something else cant do better. It mentions Strike at range capability in the description, but this slug has none to speak of. A Mimir with its 3 large E-turrets will blow you apart long before your mediums do anything to it, and its much much faster and has a relocate system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqXNCsHEVXg

So what youre showing me is that the AI used its burn drive system to suicide into your ship yes?  Exactly why i dont let the AI control them when I field one. Before you put your ship on auto, wait until the Mimir has used its burn drive suicide rush.

ProdigyToby

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »

So uh.....about these "capitals".  Where are the large mounts?

Edit:  Whats worse about that clip is the ai is using the default loadout for that shadowyards capital which consists of three wave pulse cannons that over flux the ship in like 5 seconds.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:48:07 PM by ProdigyToby »

Jim.jhd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2016, 11:23:29 PM »

Just a note....the II dreadnought is pretty undergunned having zero large mounts at all....the 8 mediums dont make up for that fact, nor does the MAC.  its speed 20 and turns like a slug.   I cant ever, ever see a reason to field one that something else cant do better. It mentions Strike at range capability in the description, but this slug has none to speak of. A Mimir with its 3 large E-turrets will blow you apart long before your mediums do anything to it, and its much much faster and has a relocate system.

That ship is quite op on it crazy amount of armor and the ship system, it just never die……So it's the tanker of your II fleet. Also it has 2 large missiles…… those are the core weapons of it, you can do whatever you want...
However, if you prefer fast attack and more fire power, the Battlecruiser of II is your choice.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2016, 11:25:19 PM »

So uh.....about these "capitals".  Where are the large mounts?

II don't use large ballistic/energy.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2016, 11:36:35 PM »

And they don't have to, more medium mounts easily make up for a few large ones. :)

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2016, 11:58:52 PM »

A few medium mount weapons are more flux effective than 1 big large mount tbh and do more

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.7.1a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.0
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »

Huge campaign update!  New system!  New markets!  New mechanics!  New ships!  New weapons!

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.10.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.1)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta 1.1.2)
(Supported by Starsector+ 3.2.0) (Updated!)
(Supported by Nexerelin 0.7.2) (Updated!)

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Version 1.10.0:
- Lynx-S added
- Sebastos-F added
- Telum Autocannon added
- Solis Cannon added
- Heavy Pulse Laser added
- Lux Repeater added
- Javelin ASM (Single) added
- Added ISA Energized Armor hull mod
- Added ISA Fire Control System hull mod
- Added star system Ex Vis (three markets, a new terrain type, some unique mechanics)
- Added Military Complex submarket for Nova Capitalis
- Added Imperial Conversions submarket for Nova Capitalis
- Added Production Boom/Drop event for Nova Capitalis
- Interstellar Bazaar now has The Great Starship Market, a special market that replaces the military market
- Improved Thracia and Corsica systems; added content
- New terrain type for the terrain around Arafa (gas giant)
- Added Imperial Embassy station to Yma
- Added encounter and market music
- Improved/added descriptions to campaign elements (planets, stations, etc.)
- Sieges no longer crush the economy
- Sieges can be broken by peace treaties
- Leviathan renamed to Barrus
- Lynx and Sebastos sprites touched up
- Javelin HP reduced to 75 from 125
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:50:20 PM by Dark.Revenant »

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Interstellar Imperium 1.10.0
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2016, 03:02:15 AM »

Minor typo in Byzantium's description; "fed by oceans filled by with redirected comets."
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2016, 08:41:39 AM »

Minor typo in Byzantium's description; "fed by oceans filled by with redirected comets."

That's been there for over a year now, it turns out.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2016, 10:09:13 AM »

A few medium mount weapons are more flux effective than 1 big large mount tbh and do more

you will never have the range with mediums that you do with large.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »

How about using literally any other faction if you care about large weapons so much

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2016, 10:53:27 AM »

Thats...really not the point.

theres also a compilation error with II regarding the Leviathan.

13498 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [F:\StarSector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium\data\variants\ii_leviathan_arm.variant]
13609 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [ii_leviathan] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [ii_leviathan] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.float(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.float(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 67