Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 939858 times)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Interstellar Imperium v1.6.1
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:05 PM »

I meant ballistic ammunition. Sorry, I didn't convey that well  :-\.

To get back on topic, are all the ballistae sizes going to regenerate at the same rate?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Interstellar Imperium v1.6.1
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2015, 06:16:36 PM »

I meant ballistic ammunition. Sorry, I didn't convey that well  :-\.

To get back on topic, are all the ballistae sizes going to regenerate at the same rate?

No; that would be ludicrous.  The small version will come in at barely a trickle while the large version will be relatively quick.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Interstellar Imperium v1.6.2
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »

Small update, once again.

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.6.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.0b)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.03)
(Supported by Starsector+ 2.5) (Updated!)

We also recommend Version Checker 1.3 to notify you when an update is ready.

Version 1.6.2:
- Corsica is now a binary system
- Light Ballista Rack now shoots one missile at a time
- Interstellar Bazaar produces fewer luxury goods
- New Photon Beam Cannon sound
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:48:36 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.2a] Interstellar Imperium v1.7
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2015, 07:22:44 PM »

Major campaign feature added: Sieges!  The Imperium will now lay siege to hostile worlds, doing damage and closing off their market.  You can protect the siege fleets or strike them down...

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.7
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.0b)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.04) (Updated!)
(Supported by Starsector+ 2.6.1) (Updated!)

We also recommend Version Checker 1.4b to notify you when an update is ready.

Version 1.7:
- Updated for Starsector 0.65.2a
- Market conditions improved slightly
- Weapon rebalance pass
- Siege event added
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:29:00 PM by Dark.Revenant »

vilehydra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Interstellar Imperium v1.7
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2015, 01:09:08 AM »

Version 1.7:

- Siege event added

Would it be possible to make it so that sieges, if left alone long enough, would start decreasing the population of a planet until it became a dead planet? It just seems like it could be an interesting way to make warring factions actually gain/lose ground against each other.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2015, 07:41:31 AM »

While that's possible, the game isn't really set up for that in a way that would make such a mechanic desirable.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2015, 09:45:29 AM »

So how long are sieges supposed to last? I've had one on Jangala for a long time, and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.

EDIT: nvm, it just ended.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:47:26 AM by Toxcity »

Voiddweller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2015, 10:36:18 AM »

Awesome mod! One of the best i think. Though this ship-sized missile sprites looks a bit out of place.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.2a] Interstellar Imperium v1.7.1
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2015, 06:54:51 PM »

Crash fix!

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.7.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.0b)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.04)
(Supported by Starsector+ 2.6.1)

Version 1.7.1:
- Fixed Siege crash

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Interstellar Imperium v1.7.1
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:43 PM »

Crash fix!

Good news, my existing save loaded up and kept rolling along fine, so I can keep missing trade opportunities while I yearn for a Nevermore to reappear on market. ;D
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Interstellar Imperium v1.7.1
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2015, 03:01:52 PM »

Hey, just wanted to drop in and say that while I haven't interacted with this faction much, it feels really nice to fight. Well balanced, good variety. I like the fighters a whole lot too, heavy fighters seem under used far too often.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.2a] Interstellar Imperium v1.7.2
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2015, 01:22:54 AM »

Balance changes (buffs) here:

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.7.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.0b)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.05) (Updated!)
(Supported by Starsector+ 2.6.5) (Updated!)

Version 1.7.2:
- Ballista damage increased to 400 from 350
- Turbo Drive ballistic rate of fire, energy damage, and flux dissipation bonuses increased to 50% from 33%
- Drive Booster flux usage reduced to 150% base dissipation from 200%
- Decurion flux dissipation increased to 200 from 175
- Dominus maneuverability increased

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Interstellar Imperium v1.7.2
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2015, 08:19:06 AM »

Awesome! I'm ready to fight for the Interstellar Imperium!

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2015, 06:50:35 AM »

Hey man, i would like to see some improvements to the "Jupiter-class Defense Platform". I can't tell if you have already change some stuff in the new 65.2a version because i wait for all the mods to be updated but from my previous 50+ hours of gameplay with your faction i wanted to make some comments.

I really tried to use them but they have too much disadvantages for their costs. Yes their role is to annihilate massive amounts of fighter wings and to give supportive destruction power when an enemy shield is down. But all this doesn't work really well. The in-build cannon of the jupiter has explosive damage type so its very uneffective vs the most time in fight against shields etc. , its super unmanuverable so it can't follow little fighter to shoot down, its weapon range is great "on paper" but still not enough range to really support from way behind, that also brings in some new problems. Most of the times the jupiter can't even shoot because this little friendly fighter or this frigate or that destroyer or this cruiser is in his way because they fight in the front against multiple enemies. The poor jupiter never catches up because its something like stationary and because of its steadily try to shoot at something. But it can't because most of the time there is something in its way or the enemy is too fast or the enemy is a strong ship with still enabled shield so it can't make a big difference with its beam explosive weapon.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2015, 08:01:39 AM »

Hey man, i would like to see some improvements to the "Jupiter-class Defense Platform". I can't tell if you have already change some stuff in the new 65.2a version because i wait for all the mods to be updated but from my previous 50+ hours of gameplay with your faction i wanted to make some comments.

I really tried to use them but they have too much disadvantages for their costs. Yes their role is to annihilate massive amounts of fighter wings and to give supportive destruction power when an enemy shield is down. But all this doesn't work really well. The in-build cannon of the jupiter has explosive damage type so its very uneffective vs the most time in fight against shields etc. , its super unmanuverable so it can't follow little fighter to shoot down, its weapon range is great "on paper" but still not enough range to really support from way behind, that also brings in some new problems. Most of the times the jupiter can't even shoot because this little friendly fighter or this frigate or that destroyer or this cruiser is in his way because they fight in the front against multiple enemies. The poor jupiter never catches up because its something like stationary and because of its steadily try to shoot at something. But it can't because most of the time there is something in its way or the enemy is too fast or the enemy is a strong ship with still enabled shield so it can't make a big difference with its beam explosive weapon.

Jupiter is mainly intended for AI fleets, also it does fragmentation damage.  The Jupiter's purpose is actually to push capital ships away.  Isolate an enemy capital ship and the Jupiter can keep it pushed out a few thousand units forever.  I'll buff up its turn stats and weapon force to facilitate this.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67