Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 939671 times)

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Interstellar Imperium v1.5.1
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2014, 08:47:47 AM »

Just doing bounties. It's slow, slow going when you've got 10 factions posting bounties, but it seems to work over time. That and intercepting pirate fleets that fly close to their system, sometimes by luring them over there.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Interstellar Imperium v1.6
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2014, 01:50:18 AM »

Big update!  We've got a new ship, a new mission, a new star system, and updated art for every ship!

Spoiler

Flamen-class Interceptor

Scutum-class Defense Fighter

Draconarius-class Heavy Fighter

Vicarius-class Modular Fighter

Basileus-F-class Freighter

Auriga-class Tug

Basileus-class Missile Frigate

Invictus-class Gunship

Decurion-class Frigate

Maximus-class Advanced Frigate

Praetorian-class Destroyer

Interrex-class Destroyer

Centurion-class Destroyer

Princeps-class Combat Carrier

Sebastos-class Cruiser

Dictator-class Heavy Cruiser

Falcon (I)-class Cruiser

Eagle (I)-class Cruiser

Jupiter-class Defense Platform

Leviathan-class Combat Freighter

Dominus-class Battlecruiser

Olympus-class Launcher

Caesar-class Dreadnought
[close]

Download Interstellar Imperium 1.6
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.0b)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.02) (Updated!)
(Supported by Starsector+ 2.3) (Updated!)

We also recommend Version Checker 1.2b to notify you when an update is ready.

Version 1.6 (December 8, 2014):
- Code review and cleanup
- Added Corsica star system and markets
- Added Leviathan-class Combat Freighter
- Added Bear-Baiting mission
- Fixed background images for missions and Thracia
- Art upgrade/improvement pass; most ships are updated for shading and consistency

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Interstellar Imperium v1.6
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »

Oh, great news!  As a somewhat-lapsed classicist and not-at-all-lapsed fan of armed spacecraft this mod makes me particularly happy - Thracia seems pretty quiet much of the time so I'm excited to see anything that gives us more chances to interact with the faction.  Thanks very much for your work on this, it's way cool stuff.

Mazuo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »

Love the first glimpse of the Leviathan.  Never thought I'd be excited to see a freighter.  Might take me a while in the new version to get one, but looking forward to pursuing it.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2014, 01:37:43 PM »

Awesome mod. The only thing I really dislike is the lack of storage but I just mod in a storage submarket so its not a big deal.

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »

Awesome mod. The only thing I really dislike is the lack of storage but I just mod in a storage submarket so its not a big deal.

What do you mean? I'm interested.

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2014, 01:48:07 PM »

I like the Corsica system very much - seems to always be a good bit going on there pirate-wise and when the bounties pile up it can be excellent for scraping up some cash and salvage.  I typically stash it somewhere and then haul it away to sell elsewhere, though, since the factions are so pissy about what gets done in-system.  It definitely seems less like a "Core World" type system than Thracia, which is typically a solid mass of trade fleets piled up around the Bazaar and trailing away to the gate.  It's nice to have another spot to search out TriTach ships as well.  It's lucky there are multiple jump points, though - slogging across it is painful enough in a fast frigate fleet, I doubt I'll ever be doing it in much heavier.  I love the look of the new ship as well - good stuff!

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2014, 05:56:37 AM »

I like the Corsica system very much - seems to always be a good bit going on there pirate-wise and when the bounties pile up it can be excellent for scraping up some cash and salvage.  I typically stash it somewhere and then haul it away to sell elsewhere, though, since the factions are so pissy about what gets done in-system.  It definitely seems less like a "Core World" type system than Thracia, which is typically a solid mass of trade fleets piled up around the Bazaar and trailing away to the gate.  It's nice to have another spot to search out TriTach ships as well.  It's lucky there are multiple jump points, though - slogging across it is painful enough in a fast frigate fleet, I doubt I'll ever be doing it in much heavier.  I love the look of the new ship as well - good stuff!

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but the Imperius ships really remind me of the yellow ships in MoO2 http://3ln.org/articles/master-of-orion-2-ship-images-by-color

Canis Lupus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2014, 06:15:09 AM »

I've started an "Aetius" campaign with the Hegemony being the Huns, but I've found that Babylon has no storage to keep some spare ships, which breaks its use as a home port for me. After reading this thread, I've found out why (money exploits). BUT, since I'm not planning to exploit Byzantium's beefed-up resource production, I've been trying to add a storage facility back.

It's been proving to be a difficult task. Apparently the place to do it is in the II.jar file, which is, apparently, a zip file, which holds some .class files, which are, apparently, binaries, and I need some weird program do edit them properly because, apparently, I am not AI, soo... I've found such a program (Class Editor!), which comes in a file, with extension of .tar.gz, with both .tar and .gz being, apparently, some kind of zip thing that 7-zip can extract... sooooo now I'm finally inside that II.jar file, but I'm at a loss of how to actually add back storage to Interstellar Bazaar. I am, apparently, completely new to all of this. Any tips?

BTW, IMHO you should move Babylon even closer to Byzantium, to further reinforce that they combined make one entity, Interstellar Bazaar. I figured this out early on, but it feels a bit unnatural for them to be one entity and so far apart (the whole thing with space stations/planets being single entities doesn't make much sense to me, but hopefully they get differentiated down the line as Starsector matures to beta).

P.S.: Those Sledges could use a bit more ammo (i keep running out of ammo!). They're wonderfully balanced otherwise, and fill a niche that needed filling.

P.P.S.: The AI has problems with the Maximus, my new favorite frigate. It's mostly related to the use of its 5-charge, quick-recharge skimmer, which the AI seems to treat like a Hyperion's Phase Teleporter.

P.P.S.: This is probably my favorite mod in terms of ship balance / fleet design / aesthetics. There really isn't much room for criticism, wonderful work!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:32:30 AM by Canis Lupus »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 04:12:46 PM »

Good point about the Babylon orbit.  I'll bring them closer.

I believe the jar contains .java files, which is the actual source code.  In order to compile your own jar, you need to set up a project with an IDE, import the source code, make your changes, compile, etc.  It would probably be easier for you to just make a separate mod that adds an abandoned station next to Babylon or something.

Sledge ammo will be infinite (like many other weapons) after the update, so I am not concerned.

I might be able to to throw in the AI I made for the Zero boss to handle the short range teleport the Maximus has.  Should make it better in AI hands.

Edit: Actually, I'll add storage to Interstellar Bazaar, it'll just cost 500,000 credits instead of 5,000.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:27:59 PM by Dark.Revenant »

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2014, 05:52:32 PM »

Yay! I made a mod to override the thracia system with one that has storage but I didn't realize I could change the cost.

Canis Lupus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2014, 02:45:02 AM »

Good point about the Babylon orbit.  I'll bring them closer.

I believe the jar contains .java files, which is the actual source code.  In order to compile your own jar, you need to set up a project with an IDE, import the source code, make your changes, compile, etc.  It would probably be easier for you to just make a separate mod that adds an abandoned station next to Babylon or something.

Sledge ammo will be infinite (like many other weapons) after the update, so I am not concerned.

I might be able to to throw in the AI I made for the Zero boss to handle the short range teleport the Maximus has. Should make it better in AI hands.

Edit: Actually, I'll add storage to Interstellar Bazaar, it'll just cost 500,000 credits instead of 5,000.

Cheers!

I'll postpone learning Java things to 2015  ::)

Canis Lupus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »

A couple of notes:

Mostly an opinion, but Byzantium and Perinthus come too close to each other every revolution.  

If the Olympus MIRV rocket isn't destroyed in-combat, the game crashes at the end of the battle.

The Leviathan is a nice looking ship. I see it as Atlas+Ox+Lasher+Dram. The only problem of the jack-of-all-trades approach is that while it performs great on its own, I've found no use for it in a fleet setting (a sad thing given that it's pretty). Maybe it could also be an Avalon (a very expensive to deploy Avalon)? ::)

This is more related to SS+:

The Logistical Conservation skill is a bit too OP for some frigates and destroyers. I can run the numbers if you'd like, but the general observation is that with Logistical Conservation in the equation, the Atlas is now rendered largely useless, as some destroyers and frigates can compete in every regard while being much faster.

P.S.: A carry-over from the old Falcon, some medium-sized ballistic weapons look funky when mounted on the Falcon (I) (e.g. Hypervelocity Driver)

P.S.: IMHO the Ballista LRM's cost could safely be brought down a bit. It's an alternative to the Pilum, with better dps, but runs out sooner, has worse tracking, and has less range.

P.P.S.: I'm not sure if this is intended, but Traian is covered by Serdica's ring.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:43:39 PM by Canis Lupus »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2014, 02:40:20 PM »

Mostly an opinion, but Byzantium and Perinthus come too close to each other every revolution.  

If the Olympus MIRV rocket isn't destroyed in-combat, the game crashes at the end of the battle.

The Leviathan is a nice looking ship. I see it as Atlas+Ox+Lasher+Dram. The only problem of the jack-of-all-trades approach is that while it performs great on its own, I've found no use for it in a fleet setting (a sad thing given that it's pretty). Maybe it could also be an Avalon (a very expensive to deploy Avalon)? ::)

This is more related to SS+:

The Logistical Conservation skill is a bit too OP for some frigates and destroyers. I can run the numbers if you'd like, but the general observation is that with Logistical Conservation in the equation, the Atlas is now rendered largely useless, as some destroyers and frigates can compete in every regard while being much faster.

P.S.: A carry-over from the old Falcon, some medium-sized ballistic weapons look funky when mounted on the Falcon (I) (e.g. Hypervelocity Driver)

P.S.: IMHO the Ballista LRM's cost could safely be brought down a bit. It's an alternative to the Pilum, with better dps, but runs out sooner, has worse tracking, and has less range.

P.P.S.: I'm not sure if this is intended, but Traian is covered by Serdica's ring.

Didn't notice that about Perinthus.  I'll pull it slightly closer to the sun.

The Leviathan is a combat frieghter; bring it into battle!  It's an excellent supporting ship for a destroyer fleet; with a tug and augmented engines it can cruise along at burn 5 and lend a huge amount of cargo/fuel space.  It has destroyer-tier firepower in combat, but tanks like a cruiser.

An Atlas provides 2000 cargo and 400 fuel for 6.5 supplies; overall, this is 307.7 cargo and 61.5 fuel per logistics point.  A Buffalo, by comparison, provides 142.9 cargo and 42.9 fuel per logistics point.  A Hermes provides 96.2 cargo and 57.7 fuel per logistics point.

These numbers change if you add on Logistical Conservation: an Atlas remains at 307.7 / 61.5, a Buffalo increases to 235.3 / 70.6, and a Hermes increases to 188.7 / 113.2.  As you can see, this makes smaller freighters more competitive, but doesn't make the Atlas obsolete.  This is actually the intended effect of the hull mod.

The Falcon art is not exactly my problem.  What do you expect me to do, redraw it?

The Ballista LRM is more expensive because it has more overall killing potential, and scales up better.  Try getting a whole fleet shooting Ballistae at once: it becomes a cloud of death capable of wiping out anything with its shields down.

Traian is meant to be on top of the rings.  Guess I'll move it slightly further out.

Canis Lupus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2014, 02:38:00 AM »

Didn't notice that about Perinthus.  I'll pull it slightly closer to the sun.
Traian is meant to be on top of the rings.  Guess I'll move it slightly further out.

Cheers!

The Leviathan is a combat frieghter; bring it into battle!  It's an excellent supporting ship for a destroyer fleet; with a tug and augmented engines it can cruise along at burn 5 and lend a huge amount of cargo/fuel space.  It has destroyer-tier firepower in combat, but tanks like a cruiser.

The Ballista LRM is more expensive because it has more overall killing potential, and scales up better.  Try getting a whole fleet shooting Ballistae at once: it becomes a cloud of death capable of wiping out anything with its shields down.

Got it, I'll experiment with these some more.

An Atlas provides 2000 cargo and 400 fuel for 6.5 supplies; overall, this is 307.7 cargo and 61.5 fuel per logistics point.  A Buffalo, by comparison, provides 142.9 cargo and 42.9 fuel per logistics point.  A Hermes provides 96.2 cargo and 57.7 fuel per logistics point.

These numbers change if you add on Logistical Conservation: an Atlas remains at 307.7 / 61.5, a Buffalo increases to 235.3 / 70.6, and a Hermes increases to 188.7 / 113.2.  As you can see, this makes smaller freighters more competitive, but doesn't make the Atlas obsolete.  This is actually the intended effect of the hull mod.

While this assessment is factual, it is not exhaustive. Please check the file to see my point... and it's a similar story with tankers.

http://www.filedropper.com/starsector_1

The Falcon art is not exactly my problem.  What do you expect me to do, redraw it?

IDK, just mentioning it because it also affects the Falcon (I).

Edit: small fix in the file
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:48:00 AM by Canis Lupus »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67