Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Automated Commands  (Read 118668 times)

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Automated Commands
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2023, 01:41:52 PM »

Great Mod!
Please make this mod compatible with the Version checker that built into Nexerelin.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2023, 07:57:22 AM »

Is there a way to do AI Personality Override while having a AIcore on board as officer?

No.
The purpose of this mod is to add ease of use and flexibility.
NOT to override design decisions that alex made.

Desregaurd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2023, 01:00:38 AM »

Would it be possible to add ones that prevent a ship from venting or dropping shields regardless of flux levels? As well as one that makes a ship always use it's activatable system as soon as it's available?

Can't count he number of times one of my ships has deactivated it's shields with barely any flux while engaging only to immediately try turning them back on again and taking unnecessary hull damage in the meantime as it's shields slowly unfold. There are also a number of mods that have different effects depending on how high a ship's flux is or even when their shields overload, which would make them more viable in the hands of an AI if they weren't venting their flux away.

As for commanding ships to use any active systems they have as constantly as possible, there are some systems in the base game and in other mods that I would always want the AI to be using as soon and as often as they can. I know that this might be trickier with systems that have a constant effect until deactivated like Fortress Shield or ones that require targeting like Mine Strike, but just having it for the other ones that are fire-and-forget like Temporal Shell would go a long way to making AI controlled ships for hulls that have these more effective.

laodie666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2023, 09:13:17 PM »

How difficult is it to implement a global CR and hull retreat order? I was looking at realistic combat file because they credited this mod for the auto retreat feature and the implementation seems trivial. I would like to add the global auto retreat to my game but I’m inexperienced with modding with this game and thus cant do it myself.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2023, 01:13:52 AM »

How difficult is it to implement a global CR and hull retreat order? I was looking at realistic combat file because they credited this mod for the auto retreat feature and the implementation seems trivial. I would like to add the global auto retreat to my game but I’m inexperienced with modding with this game and thus cant do it myself.

in one sense it is trivial (you implement it at the mod-level instead of the hullmod-level) and then each frame u get a list of ALL ships and have to test each ship firstly to determine if they are eligible for being tested (i.e. one of ur ships, currently deployed, not already issued an evac command, etc) and then apply the code that actually tests if it should evac.

what is not immediately obvious if you are not a programmer is that the game engine is ALREADY doing all of this to give ALL hullmods the ability to run their specific code on the relevant ships each frame ... and it only has to do it ONCE. Which is a LOT more efficient because it only needs to go through the list ONCE and it doesn't need to do any of the 'eligibility' testing that you needed to add above because the hullmod itself is proof of eligibility. Imagine if every hullmod tried to apply its effects globally instead of on a pre-marked basis (ships already marked by a hullmod) HUNDREDS of different mods will each run their own pieces of eligibility code (every single one of them testing if every single ship is a player owned ship, etc)

tl:dr
the correct way to implement this is instead of trying to globally apply the retreat property, apply the hullmod-is-automatically-outfitted property. There are currently (at least) 3 separate mods that use this but they are still a little bit hit and miss and also add some strange behaviors ... when this method of automatically applying is smoother and doesn't add additional strange behaviors i plan on asking the author for permission and using the method in my own mod.

Not only does this mean that you are not re-doing work the game engine already does but it also means that the 'global' code runs OUTSIDE of combat ... which is the most performance critical code of the game and the only code where slowdown is not only noticeable but game enjoyment braking.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 01:26:48 AM by borgrel »

SirStargateur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2024, 06:38:51 AM »

Even if this is less good, I think modern computer can handle check a list of 60 ships every frames. Until better I would really prefer a default behavior instead of doing this manually, also, having more hullmod is not great.

S

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2024, 08:57:24 PM »

Is there a way to do AI Personality Override while having a AIcore on board as officer?

No.
The purpose of this mod is to add ease of use and flexibility.
NOT to override design decisions that alex made.

Ah someone who virtue signal or at minima who tries to force thier definition of "right and fun" into others.

Just i case tho do you know what mods are ? And what "mod" means ?
So at least be more acurate and persuasive with real arguments when you are lofty or wrong.

And last but not least this mod literally and is the successor fo the last two mods who did the same thing and they both had some forms of personality override already so that's not a big stretch to ask for more , to
AGAIN just add more freedom and choice to the PLAYER  to USE OR NOT USE. + it's a solo game + if it doesn't give you an instant free win either who cares ? But even if it did it's not a problem still.

Also personnal genuine question that maybe some lore wich i miss would explain but in term of gameplay my point stand still anyway but , ai core being "fearless"= weird reckless or aggressive isn't logical at least to me even more when they act like "normal being" in colonies etc ... .  (+ also that being fearless in reality and how to plays out in the gameplay isn't maybe exatly the same even more for something suppsoed smart and build for it's duty)

Also how do we turn hostile core into friendly core anyway ?

Why can we train or lobotomise human offcier (wich is far more difficult in theory) but not hostile core that we turned friendly ?

Also aren't they supposed to be superior to human but they can't  be smart enough to be flexible etc...  ?

Bonus : not an argument but the fact that some mods already let you change totaly freely humans so why not making a mod or adding options for ai core too ? As they are more restraining or even abnoxious than their human counter part anyway ?

Have a nice day and night but please try to be more open minded . No one is forcing anything into you so don't do it to others.

GoldenGlory

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2024, 03:47:04 PM »

the retreat when no missiles left hullmod is a godsend! thank you for making this mod

SpaceshipCaptainYukari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2024, 12:02:23 AM »

Are you planning on updating the mod to 0.97?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]