Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Star Citizen: Super Hornet F7C-M with LTI for sale. SOLD  (Read 11671 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Star Citizen: Super Hornet F7C-M with LTI for sale. SOLD
« on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »

I apologize if this might be against the forum rules, if it is my bad and moderators please delete this thread.

If interested please contact me via PM or Skype.

SOLD

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:50:25 PM by MesoTroniK »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: Star Citizen: Super Hornet F7C-M with LTI for sale.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 05:14:05 AM »

I really hate stuff like this. The game won't be finished in years, if it'll get finished at all, but already they're selling some kind of 'priviledged' dlc.
I wish people would stop getting lured into giving their money away like that. It damages the game industry.

Anyway, does this topic mean that you're reselling stuff you bought? So there's an entire virtual item shopping network going on at RSI?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »

Now that's just sad, really. :-X

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:57:43 AM »

So people are speculating on a speculative item (because its worth in-game is entirely in the air) in a speculative project with speculative appeal?

This is kind of funny ;D
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Sathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 12:21:40 PM »

Now that's just sad, really. :-X

That is direction of development, not so long ago someone would consider absurd to pay for early access, to pay to get into alpha version. Game business model evolves, it is easy to point out on everything new and yell "they are taking our money, bad company, bad!" but well, if it is working and actually making ppl to spend in game industry rather than elsewhere...

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 01:33:03 PM »

That is direction of development, not so long ago someone would consider absurd to pay for early access, to pay to get into alpha version. Game business model evolves, it is easy to point out on everything new and yell "they are taking our money, bad company, bad!" but well, if it is working and actually making ppl to spend in game industry rather than elsewhere...

There's nothing wrong with paying for early access, getting into an alpha version etc. Game devs need the income to continue development.
You get a good deal too, getting the game at a lower price, getting a chance to play it and provide feedback and ideas.

But what's happening at RSI is a travesty. People are selling non-existent items for REAL money and the game isn't even playable yet (please correct me if I'm wrong), I am also having an increasing doubt that it ever will. So, what are people really selling and buying here?
The worst of all is that the development team apparently has no trouble with it and even encourages it.

In my opinion anyone supporting these kind of practices needs to get their heads examined so they can see how this kind of stuff will destroy future gaming. I shiver at the thought more and more companies would follow in RSI's (and Blizzard's, with their recently closed damned auction hall) footsteps.

And what is with this ever increasing pledge-o-meter? Haven't people pledged enough? This whole RSI practice reeks.

Sathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »

You know there was time when game developers paid to beta testers, right?

In my opinion anyone supporting these kind of practices needs to get their heads examined so they can see how this kind of stuff will destroy future gaming. I shiver at the thought more and more companies would follow in RSI's (and Blizzard's, with their recently closed damned auction hall) footsteps.

Also before writing something like this you should think for a bit, take a look about development of marketing in game industry, things that was appeared like possibly fatal proved to be best practice. Honestly, how long have you spend thinking about it before hating it? Yes, it is somehow unnatural (for now, but also working pretty well). Microtransactions, alpha testers paying to you (as game dev), game digital renting (steam lately, anyone?). From PoV of destroying game industry and mostly market of SP games arn´t you more concerned about possibility to rent steam account to up to 5 friends?

How directly is RSI practice destroying game industry? Game industry will be destroyed once there will be no money income, RSI actually managed quite opposite. If RSI will fail with they game dev then ppl wont do it again, but you hate it, so where is the problem, self solved... if they will manage to do what they promised then good for them. If you dont like it, dont buy it, if you dont like that ppl are buying it and that RSI generating massive income... well, then you should think about yourself. If you are so concerned about possibility that RSI basically stole money from ppl and are not going to deliver what they have promised, well that will wipe out that kind of marketing in future and players will be finally more careful about their investment. It is everyone decision to support project in development and always risky.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:25:47 PM by Sathe »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »

I don't mind the kickstarting persé, I mind the non-existent items<->money exchanging circus they created, the cashing in by luring people into buying some 'unique' content, who can then apparently sell what they bought.
In my opinion it's worrisome that people don't see a possible future problem here.

I won't ever spend money on something like this. But even for someone who's not spending money on this, it might have consequences for them in the future.

I guess all I can do is wait how things work out and hope this kind of thing doesn't spread.
Blizzard closed their Diablo 3 auction hall. Bethesda hasn't been selling horse armour for a while now. So maybe resistance is strong enough to keep most devs on the right track. >_>

Sathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »

Take it from better side, for example issues with CryEngine (talking about SC) became public pretty fast, their optimalization regarding PvP instances also, things that helped me decide pretty fast to ignore SC. They could hide it from public for some more time, but they did not. For example what The Mandate is doing is waaay worse than SC approach. But well... everyone will decide himself what he/she will support in the end.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »

Actually Gotcha!, that ship is not unique and can be earned in game when its done.

The life time insurance is the only special thing about it, and the actual utility of that when the game mechanics are researched is debatable.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »

Why the heck are people trading virtual stuff for real money if the stuff they're trading isn't special to begin with? ???

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »

It is a time saver, estimates say it would take a couple dozen hours of solid gameplay to earn that ship in the persistent universe.

It also gives you a leg up on the other players, if only for a short while...

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »

I doubt that my specs of 2 PCs are even comfortable with the hardware demands of the game. Doing StarMade on the desktop suffered from small, but significant physics/response lags due to graphics card. On the laptop, its integrated graphics card (and mid-topline 4-core processor) is significantly stronger, but a mousepad/trackpad is no good when using that and the keyboard at the same time as it may not register one of the two, and could not map what the pad can do to the keyboard, in addition to no more than 3/4 keys at the same time.

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »

Why the heck are people trading virtual stuff for real money if the stuff they're trading isn't special to begin with? ???
And they don't even know if the game will be good or not?, I want to look forward to this game, but but this type business model always makes me really skeptical.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.
Pages: [1] 2