Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.97a] D-MOD Services (v2.0.0)  (Read 30487 times)

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] D-MOD Services (v0.5.0)
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2023, 10:18:50 AM »

it seems that I can't get a  " structural damage "  d-mod when a ship already have 4 other d-mods , from "offer one of your own ships as target practice"
option.
I save and load about 30 times , just can't get it.
Did I do something wrong ? ???

The random D-Mod option doesn't allow for any "destroyed" D-Mods to appear; the ships are considered disabled rather than destroyed. Hence, Structural Damage isn't in the pool of possible D-Mods when simply rolling for a random D-Mod. If you really do want Structural Damage on your ships, you probably want to just buy it as the first selected D-Mod and then randomly roll for the rest of the D-Mods.

Although, I'll check if the text for random D-Mod option actually does clarify about the ship being disabled rather than destroyed.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] D-MOD Services (v0.5.1)
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »

Made a minor patch for D-MOD Services, which should make ships modified through this mod gain the (D) variant designation, just as they normally do anytime they are disabled or destroyed in-combat. Save-compatible, as usual.

v0.5.1
  • Ships now properly turn into their (D) variants when using D-MOD services.
  • Made some confirmation dialogs more clear about what will result from the selected option

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] D-MOD Services (v1.0.0)
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2023, 05:18:41 PM »

Update v1.0.0 is now finally out, vastly improving the "Select D-Mod" picker and allowing multiple D-Mods to be selected at once. While there are still some quality-of-life improvements - and possibly any fitting suggestions or requests - I may consider implementing in the future, this mod is effectively feature-complete for Starsector 0.96. As usual, this update should be save-compatible.

v1.0.0
  • "Select D-Mod" option can now select for multiple D-Mods at once!
    - D-Mod selection still abides by vanilla D-Mod rules (e.g. can only add D-Mods up to usual max, Compromised Armor/Hull being mutually-exclusive)
    - Price will change based on existing and planned D-Mods, but total price for adding 5 D-Mods should remain the same as before.
    - Now also displays D-Mod images to help identify desired D-Mods
  • "Select D-Mod" and "Automate" prices now instead consider the base value of the selected ship's pristine equivalent
    - This should fix most instances where overall prices were less than intended due to (D) hulls having a lower base value.
  • Changed source code packages and classes to be more readable

Frezeh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2023, 02:06:26 AM »

Getting a crash on startup without lunalib,
Code
Fatal: lunalib/lunaSettings/LunaSettingsListener
Cause: lunalib.lunaSettings.LunaSettingsListener
Log is too big to be attached, so here are the relevant bits.
Code
10292 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: lunalib/lunaSettings/LunaSettingsListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: lunalib/lunaSettings/LunaSettingsListener
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: lunalib.lunaSettings.LunaSettingsListener
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 10 more
I feel like you should keep lunalib as a requirement while you work on going standalone.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2023, 10:09:35 AM »

Getting a crash on startup without lunalib,
Code
Fatal: lunalib/lunaSettings/LunaSettingsListener
Cause: lunalib.lunaSettings.LunaSettingsListener
Log is too big to be attached, so here are the relevant bits.
I feel like you should keep lunalib as a requirement while you work on going standalone.

I've seen this crash elsewhere before; from what I can guess, it only happens if you are running on Starsector's default Java 7 (let me know if you are using another Java version), which, for some reason, turns LunaLib from a soft dependency (supported but not required) into a hard dependency (making it required due to Java complaining otherwise).

The only way to fix this, as far as I know, without installing LunaLib is to upgrade your Starsector's Java version to Java 8, as outlined in the Updating Java section linked here. Hopefully this will no longer be an issue if/when Starsector finally upgrades to Java 8.

For now, I'll consider leaving both a warning about this and the link for upgrading to Java 8 in the main post.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 10:19:27 AM by Tranquility »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2023, 10:26:36 AM »

When I unzip your mod, instead of getting an actual files-in-folders structure, I get a single directory containing files named things like "DMODServices-v1.0.0\data\config\version\version_files.csv" - note that those backslashes aren't directory separators, but literally part of the file name.

I presume that this works as intended on windows, where the backslash isn't a valid character for file names, but it's quite inconvenient on other systems.

Correcting the file names and folder structure does result in a working mod, though, so at least your zip-creation program didn't mangle contents of files, just their names and paths.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

AnFany

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2023, 07:20:08 AM »

Excuse me,could you allow me to translate this mod into Chinese and upload it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2023, 04:24:27 PM »

Excuse me,could you allow me to translate this mod into Chinese and upload it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

Sure! Crediting me would be appreciated, but it's not necessary if that's preferred.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] D-MOD Services (v1.0.1)
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 01:24:15 PM »

Small, save-compatible update, finally fixing the LunaLib soft dependency crash

v1.0.1
  • Fixed the LunaLib soft dependency
        - This means this mod no longer requires either LunaLib or Java 8 to run
  • "Select D-Mod" option now correctly sorts the selected D-Mods based on their display name
  • Changed some text
  • Refactored some code

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] D-MOD Services (v2.0.0)
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2024, 10:11:38 AM »

Updated this mod to Starsector 0.97; that's all, really!
Pages: 1 [2]