Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Flux Reticle v1.3.0 - A more immersive and helpful combat cursor  (Read 76323 times)

AliTanwir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Flux Reticle v1.1.0 - A more useful and immersive aiming cursor
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2021, 10:45:51 PM »

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Flux Reticle v1.1.0 - A more useful and immersive aiming cursor
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 07:11:20 PM »

No problem  :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Flux Reticle v1.1.1 - A more useful and immersive aiming cursor
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 11:29:43 AM »

Flux Reticle 1.1.1

Fixed flux reticle being shown while the UI was hidden
Darkened the background of the reticle a bit to improve visibility

Side note: Has anyone had the bug where the reticle disappears sometimes? I'm beginning to suspect it's no longer a problem in 0.95a...

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile

Is there a way to use the "toggle point to cursor" functionality without using the reticule?
I prefer the vanilla cursor, but that toggle is so useful

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

There is not, sorry. I might make another mod that only has the toggle functionality. I'm surprised no one else has done it already, honestly.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2022, 08:43:15 PM »

Flux Reticle 1.2.0

Added glow around reticle to improve visibility
Added new settings:
      "glowOpacity"
      "showReticleWhenInterfaceIsHidden"
      "showReticle" - Useful if you want to be able to toggle turn-to-cursor with a hotkey, but don't want the reticle cursor
Changed: turn-to-cursor settings are now remembered on a per hull type basis
Changed the default reticle color to match the vanilla cursor

Yendorc

• Ensign
    • View Profile

small "bug"-report (it's more of an annoyance, really):

Apparently this mod now always deselects the
Invert behavior of "Strafe and turn to cursor" button
on game start
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:23:39 AM by Yendorc »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'd definitely call that a bug. I'll look into it soon. The mod now remembers your preference for each hull type, meaning that switching to a different type of ship will cause the mod to revert to the default, rather than what you selected for the previous ship. Could that be what you're seeing?
Hmm... now that I consider it, using alt+F4 during battle could maybe result in what you described, since the mod wouldn't get the chance to set the setting back to what it's supposed to be.

edit: I just read the discussion on Discord concerning this. Assuming that was you. Looks like neither of the things I mentioned are the cause. I should get a chance to figure out what's going wrong in a few days. Thanks again for letting me know!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 08:51:42 PM by Sundog »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2022, 07:22:53 PM »

Flux Reticle 1.2.1
Compatible with previous versions

Fixed unchecking "Invert behavior of Strafe and turn to cursor button" setting on load

KZadBhat

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Editing mod_info.json for version 0.96a is presenting no problems with loading, and the reticle does operate properly in combat. This is so far only tested in a single Mission from the main menu though.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, the current version *should* work without any major issues. It doesn't work properly with the new setting that makes the shift key toggle "strafe and turn to cursor" instead of needing to hold it. I'll need to decide how I want to handle that situation before I can update this mod.

Zuthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yeah, the current version *should* work without any major issues. It doesn't work properly with the new setting that makes the shift key toggle "strafe and turn to cursor" instead of needing to hold it. I'll need to decide how I want to handle that situation before I can update this mod.

I think the most sensible course of action would be to just remove that part of the mod, since it is a vanilla functionality now.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I agree that removing it would be the most sensible course of action if the vanilla version supported all of the functionality that this mod does. Unfortunately, the vanilla toggle-strafe option doesn't support several features that I think are important:
  • The ability to temporarily switch the setting while a key is held in addition to the ability to toggle.
  • Different audio queues (edit: cues) for turning mouse-strafe on vs off.
  • And, most importantly, automatically remembering and applying setting preference based on ship type.
I also find this mod's visual indicator for whether or not the mouse-strafe is applied to be much cleaner.

Pretty sure I'm just going to disable this mod's version of the option by default and add a note to the setting explaining that it's not compatible with the vanilla version.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 11:17:23 AM by Sundog »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2024, 08:37:19 PM »

Flux Reticle 1.3.0
Save-compatible with previous versions

- Updated for Starsector 0.97a
- Changed: Automatic toggling of strafe-and-turn-to-cursor is now disabled if the vanilla setting for strafe toggling is enabled
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 09:29:09 PM by Sundog »
Pages: 1 2 [3]