Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 257896 times)

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #300 on: October 21, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »

Your attention please! Your attention please! Your attention please! Your attention please! Your attention please! Your attention please!
DUCK YA!
That is all.

j01

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 21, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »

Dunno if it was already mentioned, but you can get pinged for scans after you've already put in the command to enter a warp gate, causing you to lose faction standing without being able to take any action to prevent it. People should be able to tell when the irreversible process of starting up the warp drive has begun, and know better than to expect you to sit still for a scan when it is impossible. Better that than making it possbile but only a tiny window of split-second-reflex-game-pausing to interrupt your warp jump so you can get scanned, if you ask me.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 21, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »

Are you sure? There's code specifically to abort the inspection if the player jumps out before they get the notification about the scan, and as far as I can see, it seems to work. Can you describe exactly the sequence of events?

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 21, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

Am I missing something?

In the intel screen, a bounty was posted on December 8th. 10,000 if the target was killed (presumably?) within 60 days. I found the target in the system and destroyed the enemy fleet on Feb 2nd. I haven't gotten paid. How do I get paid?

Also, I think I must be missing something else too: my intel reports about prices list several items, but I can't find the actual values anywhere.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »

Dunno if it was already mentioned, but you can get pinged for scans after you've already put in the command to enter a warp gate, causing you to lose faction standing without being able to take any action to prevent it. People should be able to tell when the irreversible process of starting up the warp drive has begun, and know better than to expect you to sit still for a scan when it is impossible. Better that than making it possbile but only a tiny window of split-second-reflex-game-pausing to interrupt your warp jump so you can get scanned, if you ask me.

Tbh I don't think there should be an opinion penalty at all for evading patrols.
The opinion hit should be reserved for if you get caught, and then escape during battle.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »

Am I missing something?

In the intel screen, a bounty was posted on December 8th. 10,000 if the target was killed (presumably?) within 60 days. I found the target in the system and destroyed the enemy fleet on Feb 2nd. I haven't gotten paid. How do I get paid?

Also, I think I must be missing something else too: my intel reports about prices list several items, but I can't find the actual values anywhere.

It can take several days to receive payment. (I believe, based upon how far away you are from the sponsor of the bounty)

harperrb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »

Is there a post explaining Destabilization? How to do it/how it works?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2014, 04:41:43 PM »

Is there a post explaining Destabilization? How to do it/how it works?

You can destabilize pretty much any location by restricting one of the major necessities of life - generally Food.  If you happen to see a location is starving for food, jump on the opportunity to destroy and fleet bringing in those commodities (you'll receive a message saying that a fleet that's carrying said commodity to the starving station) and you'll slowly destabilize the station.

At least, in theory.  I've yet to try it out yet - need to pick out a suitable target. :P
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Frozen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »

I felt i had to chuck in my 2 cents worth about the new release.

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D

That is all.

Rushyo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
« Reply #309 on: October 21, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »

Both excited and worried by the new character creation stuff. I'm unsure whether the new scripting language in rules.csv is capable of doing all the things CharacterCreationPlugin can do (mostly basic arithmetic!) and also how you'd go about over-riding just the creation rules (for a total conversion) and not the others. If either of those aren't possible, it would be nice to be able to fall back to the old plugins.

PS. Custom Sector Entities = Godsend.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »

Select a specific commodity, and the prices will show up on the map.

Both excited and worried by the new character creation stuff. I'm unsure whether the new scripting language in rules.csv is capable of doing all the things CharacterCreationPlugin can do (mostly basic arithmetic!) and also how you'd go about over-riding just the creation rules (for a total conversion) and not the others. If either of those aren't possible, it would be nice to be able to fall back to the old plugins.

Both should be just fine. What you'll want to do is add new "commands" (that can be called from rules.csv); the commands are written in Java and so can do anything. As far as overriding, it's the same as usual - you can provide a file with a partial set of things, and it'll add to/override core stuff as needed. A more detailed discussion of this doesn't belong in this thread, though.

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2014, 06:11:16 PM »

What the hell?

Even better, You see a very expensive battlecruiser, *cough* large picture warning. *cough*
Spoiler
[close]

and now you don't.
Spoiler
[close]

On another note, I was playing around with trade routes and such, and found out that trade disruption, can REALLY impact the amount of money you earn. I bought 5 units recreational drugs for 250 each, and sold them at a trade disrupted station for 1,250 credits each.

I did notice however, that if you run out of fuel in hyper space while using a hound, and get followed by a pirate fleet larger then you, the pirate fleet won't force an engagement. It only seemed to want to harrass my retreat despite the fact that I had 0 CR.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

ErKeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2014, 07:19:06 PM »

I did notice however, that if you run out of fuel in hyper space while using a hound, and get followed by a pirate fleet larger then you, the pirate fleet won't force an engagement. It only seemed to want to harrass my retreat despite the fact that I had 0 CR.
I had the same happen and I think it was because my burn would have been fast enough to easily outrun them.. if I had fuel.

j01

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:30 PM »

Are you sure? There's code specifically to abort the inspection if the player jumps out before they get the notification about the scan, and as far as I can see, it seems to work. Can you describe exactly the sequence of events?

Yes, I'm positive of what I saw.

I was near a Hegemony patrol when I arrived at the warp thingy, clicked the text option to enter warp, and afterwards while my fleet was just kind of fading out while on top of the gate, the hegemony patrol emitted its pinging pulse thing, and then I appeared in warp in time to see the "you lost faction!" message.

I also recently chased down a single pirate ship, some kind of smuggler, engaged it, used the "pursue" option, ran it down, destroyed it, and when I came out of combat I saw a notice of losing -156 faction with independents, and since the game was paused, I got to see that the now empty pirate fleet (of one ship) I had just killed had turned independent after I engaged it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2014, 12:39:47 AM »

Is there a better way to handle the ship skin system (especially the D models)? Currently they tend to clutter the codex with lots of largely redundant entries, and the damaged versions are all the same.

It'd be nice if the damage hullmods were randomly assigned to a ship marked as defective, so you could have one Hammerhead (D) with broken engines, another with missing weapon mounts, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32