Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 257846 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »

Added approximate total supply cost to recover from deployment to ship tooltip

Huzzah!

The first couple of items (everything under "campaign") are probably... 10x the work of everything else in the notes. But it doesn't read as such, and it's more preparation for more-obviously-interesting stuff to come.

I'm hoping for many more details about this in the next blogpost, so we all can "appreciate" (read: drool over) it properly :)  Got any teaser pics, maybe?

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 01:22:39 AM »

Great patchnotes. Really looking forward to the trade system and see how you will incorporate it into the game.

As for the Falcon and Eagle, I feel they were overly greebled in a way that added visual noise rather than signal. So touched them up a bit to read more as overall designs rather than collections of meaningless details. They're still the same ships and look basically the same, mind you, it's just a "this was bugging me more and more as I kept seeing it so I just did it" thing.

Would be fun if we could see the sprites. I'm guessing the patch is going to take a while so you could atleast throw us a bone to chew on in the meantime.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 10:00:09 AM »

What happened to 0.63 and 0.64? Or should I say 0.6.3 and 0.6.4...? :P

They asked too many questions ;)

I'm hoping for many more details about this in the next blogpost, so we all can "appreciate" (read: drool over) it properly :)  Got any teaser pics, maybe?

Not quite yet on the pics - the trouble is that things become functional long before they become presentable. I do need to think a bit about what's going to be in the next blog post, though.

Would be fun if we could see the sprites. I'm guessing the patch is going to take a while so you could atleast throw us a bone to chew on in the meantime.

Fair enough - the new Eagle:
Spoiler
Click for full size
[close]

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »

Hm, the eagle looks more 3D, as in more height and volume.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »

The smoothness looks wonderful but my problem with the eagle has always been that the central part over the guns doesn't look like its part of the ship, its like its been bolted on or something for increased firepower, or perhaps the central part is sloped down while the pylons on the side are flat, because that would explain it. This new eagle more or less fixes that problem with the reworked middle section.

on the left is me trying to merge the pylons and the central section together. on the right is the current eagle in the game.
Spoiler
[close]

can't wait for the new update, and certainly cannot wait for the improved ship sprites. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:55:42 AM by ValkyriaL »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 10:00:10 PM »

YAY for new patch notes!
One slight concern though: I don't know that using the outposts button as the temporary intel button is a good idea as I think a few mods MIGHT use that button.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 05:28:19 AM »

The Outpost button isn't even usable right now, I think.  Otherwise We'd already be far ahead of Alex. XD
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »

My question is, are there plans to do the same thing to the Conquest? I love the new eagle graphic!

Msahn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 09:31:35 AM »

Alex, just wanted to say that it's great to see some news about your great project Sir !!! =]

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »

Can haz Ox pics pl0x?

Srs bsns though, how does one make a what already looks like a brick with warning stripes on it look "beefier"?
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

TheHengeProphet

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 03:12:00 AM »

I really like the reworked center section on the Eagle, but I don't think it fits well with the rest of the ship.  It is comparatively quite smoothe, where the rest of the ship has this sort of "shingled" look about it.  I think either smoothing out the rest of the ship or roughing up the center a bit would fix it.

NCMagic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 07:24:44 AM »

The Intel tab is going to be so useful, goodbye the times i lost a text message when tabbing into a character screen.
Annoying modders with problems that generally help and happen due to *** computers!
(Since some time ago.)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 08:46:34 PM »

The Intel tab is going to be so useful, goodbye the times i lost a text message when tabbing into a character screen.
I HOPE this is one of the functionalitys of the Intel tab
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

VaeliusNoctu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »

Hello,

im a new Member buyd the Game two days bevor. Very nice Game. But have the Game only 2 Sectors atm and 3 Stations?
Its a bit booring +i killed so "much" Pirates that not enough Enemys was in both Sectors for me. The Rest was small fleets and no challenge for me. Ok i can attack the orange, grey or blue Fleets but i wish not to lost my Support Stations.

Problem is now im Level 17 and see no Reson Play further. Nothing to Explore, no Enemys,  see all ships Weapons etc... and that all with 1 Capital Ship and a Frigatte both from the Technical Faction (blue).

How far was this Game from a Interesting upgrade? More Sectors, Factions, Stations, Missions, Diplomacy etc...?

btw i have a Suggestion add the Feature Exporting a Pilot (with or whithout fleet whatever...).

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »

Hello,

im a new Member buyd the Game two days bevor. Very nice Game. But have the Game only 2 Sectors atm and 3 Stations?
Its a bit booring +i killed so "much" Pirates that not enough Enemys was in both Sectors for me. The Rest was small fleets and no challenge for me. Ok i can attack the orange, grey or blue Fleets but i wish not to lost my Support Stations.

Problem is now im Level 17 and see no Reson Play further. Nothing to Explore, no Enemys,  see all ships Weapons etc... and that all with 1 Capital Ship and a Frigatte both from the Technical Faction (blue).

How far was this Game from a Interesting upgrade? More Sectors, Factions, Stations, Missions, Diplomacy etc...?

btw i have a Suggestion add the Feature Exporting a Pilot (with or whithout fleet whatever...).
Try MODS you got them under here:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

and here is list of ALL mods:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32