Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [REQUEST] Command Point Increase  (Read 3045 times)

boeduur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[REQUEST] Command Point Increase
« on: March 08, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »

Hi All,

Try as I might, I am just not a modder.... Especially with games based on actual coding languages like Java.

So, I'd like to put to the community a request for someone to make a quick mod that boosts command points (maybe by 2x or 3x). I appreciate the mechanic, I just think its a little too restrictive at the moment.

Tend toward feeling the same about CR, but it has yet to actually effect me too much. Perhaps that will be a later request.

Thanks, all!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [REQUEST] Command Point Increase
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:21:28 AM »

You can get additional command points in battle by capturing strategic points. Nav buoys and sensor arrays give 1 more command point, the comm relay give 3.

But if you still need more, you can modify some stuffs into starsector-core/data/characters/skills/script in SkillData.java (you can open it with notepad). At the line "ADVANCED_TACTICS_COMMAND_POINTS_BONUS = 1;" (use ctrl+f to spot it faster) you can modify the number with something more appropriate to you.

You still need to drop at least one skill point in Leadership/advanced tactic for this to take effect though. But given the leadership skill tree is pretty much always necessary, it shouldn't be to bothersome.

Edit: Always make a backup of the original file though. Just in case.

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 04:02:49 PM »

So in the latest version where do I find this file?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »

So in the latest version where do I find this file?

starsector-core/data/config/settings.json:

You have these two lines per exemple: The first is probably for the number of commands Points when you begin, the second, the regeneration if i am not wrong.

"startingCommandPoints":5,
   "baseSecondsPerCommandPoint":120,
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.