Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: supreme commander online (via forged alliance forever)  (Read 6840 times)

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
supreme commander online (via forged alliance forever)
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:27:44 AM »

over the course of being on this forum i have noticed a lot of people have supreme commander (and hopefully the expansion). the official game servers have went down but theres still an awsome fan driven lobby system that exists named forged alliance forever. i would love to play a few games of it with you guys and if we have enough players we can even maybe make a little tournament. is anyone interested in playing online or maybe even the new coop campaign you can play with forged alliance forever.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: supreme commander online (via forged alliance forever)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:49:32 AM »

I wish I could play SupCom:FA but the last time I tried playing it, I had flames shooting out the sides of my laptop...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:01:27 AM »

aww too bad, the multiplayer is actually less taxing though. becouse theres no ai so less moves to process (i think someone told me that)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »

Ah, just in time

buying the game after school today, the grind up the ladder would be much more fun with someone else around
mmm.... tartiflette

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

i hope you have experience with strategies then, the online community seems very good so i hope to get some people on my level this way (i'm not very good)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »

SupComFA is probably the RTS with the steepest learning curve i ever played. Not only you need to know all the tips and tricks to avoid getting slaughtered (TMLs built in weird spots, spotting underwater Monkeylords bubbles...) but even with the macro knowledge you still need to have as much arms as an octopus to manage your base building/economy/harass/scouting at the same time.

The worst is that you can't hardly practice against the AI as AI tends to make the game lag atrociously after 20min, no matter how beastly is your pc.

Also, lot of people expect this when playing SupCom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6iyrQ8W1EQ&list=PL64FD73362BF43231

Where the reality is more about being killing the enemy ACU in the sneakiest, dirtiest way possible while disregarding pitched battle.

I hope i didn't scared you too much gunnyfreak ;D

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:13:48 PM »

yeah that is why i like playing with friends the most, then you can set some rules and let everyone build up.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »

allright so if anyone wants to play, just add me on steam my steam name is conorano. you'll need forged alliance forever though to play, and for that i think you need the expansion. heres a link to their site http://www.faforever.com/

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »

Right... lets do that....

unfortunately its getting close to deadline on a school science project (the team stayed till 7pm last night and plan to stay even later tonight) so i might not have the chance to play for a bit

will add u as soon as i start playing tho, the discount doesnt end until 10th anyways
mmm.... tartiflette