Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mission: Survival v0.61  (Read 20503 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: Mission: Survival v0.61
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »

Thanks! What version are you using btw? (0.60 or 0.61?) (By the piranha comment, I'm assuming .61) - what did you think of the difficulty? (Also, /any/ victory on this mission is going to result in a very high score, because of the huge number of enemy ships)

I played through a bunch more times on 0.60 just to check: and it turns out that the AI /usually/ caps them efficiently, but I had a couple playthroughs where there was a definite lag in their capturing of the two corner objectives, and one time where only one corner objective was quickly captured.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:34:33 PM by Avan »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »

0.61. I thought it was hard - main trouble I had was hitting Ventures with the Cyclones (they seem to dodge torpedoes pretty well, if I do say so myself :)), although that would not be an issue if other ammo didn't run out. The Onslaught is pretty much unkillable if you play defensively, but the looming lack of ammo forces you to take the offensive.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 06:03:56 PM »

For their size, the ventures are quite capable of torpedo-dodging; though I must say, that I have a much harder time hitting the condors, comparatively speaking (but they are smaller and faster). Though the condors can't take many hits, and will quickly succumb after a few direct torpedo hits, while a venture can survive a direct hit to the face by a full salvo of 8 (if only barely). It helps that the condor's front is excellent at catching torpedoes as it tries to fly away.

Going to need to up the difficulty a bit... Can't hurt to add some more fighters: they seem to do a good job of overloading your ship if you aren't paying attention to flux levels and you have your shields up.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »

Yeah, the Venture is really tough. Lorewise, it's a rugged prospecting ship. The armament isn't as good as that of a full military cruiser, but it's versatile (even has a flight deck) and very durable. Supposed to be a nice mid-game ship for a small-fleet trader/miner type of playstyle.

Qloos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 06:53:41 PM »

This mission deserves a new onslaught ship skin.  I present to you:  The David Hassleslaught

Whenever he takes hull damage, he gives off the impression of having 2nd degree burns to his face.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »

LOL

in other news, I was out all day and thus have managed to get nothing done. Now back to work on making it harder. Probably going to reduce the flux capacitor count a bit, so you will overload more quickly under fire if you aren't careful. Also more enemies.

Using Alex's strategy of running to the corner at the very start, I am being able to consistently beat it, which I feel to be too easy for an 'impossible' mission.

mecharm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 03:00:33 AM »

That's no moon!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »

This is so far beyond words that I'm not even going to try :)

Using Alex's strategy of running to the corner at the very start

More like "unfortunate exploit of game mechanics that might get fixed if there's a reasonable way to do it", but who's counting.

liamdawe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Gaming On Linux
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 09:38:17 AM »

That's no moon!

That's a hoffstation!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »

Alright, you *need* to post a screenshot where it's all shot up.

Qloos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »

That... is disgusting is quite a five-o-clock shadow there..

Qloos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »

Whenever the starboard aft duel ac turret fired, it looked like he had a runny nose.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »

I just discovered that the slots with the heavy AG's in the standard version were actually heavy slots, not medium like the weapon they fitted X3

Now reworking the mission with a more gun-oriented ship in mind vs. having it balanced around the cyclones. Which means I may have to cut out some of the enemy ships >.>

BlacKcuD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 12:33:30 PM »

just tried to play it, but it won't show up in the mods list. problem with the new version possibly? really wanna try this one out!
Pages: 1 [2] 3