Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inventory / Store filters  (Read 3122 times)

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
Inventory / Store filters
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »

There are a lot of different items in the game, a number that I imagine is only going to grow.

Can we get some filters for the inventory and shopping windows for different weapon types, items, etc?

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory / Store filters
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

Agreed, in longer games, especially some mods the stations can get quite full. A filter would be helpful. It's probably more difficult to implement with the custom UI done by Alex/David.

Some categories:
Resources such as supplies, crew, fuel and misc mod resources
Weapons: small
Weapons: medium
Weapons: Large
Weapons: Ballistic
Weapons: Energy
Weapons: Missiles.

I wouldn't mind some form of ship categorisation back, again mainly for mods where they can fill the station with ship and it can take a bit of searching for the correct one.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »

I'm sure it'd be even more complex, but if you know exactly what you're looking for....search bar?

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »

I agree with the sorting system, and it already has some of the base sorting mechanics done since you can already search for different weapon sizes and types in the codex, you'd just need to find a way of implementing that into the current UI, with a few more settings, for resources. It would also be cool to be able to do the same with ships, and again, the basic for this is already in the codex. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but I think it would be a welcome improvement.

I know there is already some basic sorting in the menus, but it just doesn't quite cut it i feel, and it can look quite cluttered and confusing in some situations, and while with ships its less of a issue, it would still be a nice bit of functionality, or maybe instead of having multiple of the same empty identical hulls, they could stack like weapons do? Also a bit of topic here, and its been mentioned before, but it's not always clear what class some ships belong in, and in the shop menu it isn't stated or made clear at all.

Anyway that's just my opinion, sorry if I got a little of topic at points, but I think I explained myself fairly well.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »

Since ships are like items, I like to see the return of Fighters / Frigates / Destroyers / Cruisers / Capitals tabs from pre-0.6.  It gets tedious to scroll down a few screens to search for small ships I want.