Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Argamede Union (WIP) v0.1  (Read 12931 times)

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Argamede Union (WIP) v0.1
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »

I love the ships. Please continue my friend.
Color schemes? hmm....Magenta and Gold? Silver and Green? I'm sure whatever you come up with will be amazing!
Spoiler

[close]

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »

Having some fun with the colors.

Spoiler
[close]

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »

Would be even cooler if the white was in a good contrasting hue :)  I think that gold with a sky blue might work pretty well :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Shellster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 01:09:51 AM »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)

@HELMUT: Nice! Those look great, especially the darker tones. The white looks surprisingly good too! How did you add colour to them cause when I do it the colour tends to look washed out for some reason, unless I adjust the levels which doesn't always work and sometimes makes it too dark.

Heres an awesome colour scheme GenBOOM came up with, so credits to him :)

And a blue version:

A few people suggested gold so heres my attempt, I adjusted the levels a bit too.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 09:25:55 AM »

The red and blue are nice but to me the gold paint is definitely the way to go.

For the colors, i usually manually paint a second layer with some random color, then i toy with the transparency and the layer type (multiply, divide...). I can still easily change the color of the paint job with hue/saturation (ctrl+u) after this.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 12:04:24 PM »

Really like the look of these.

I played around with the ships a bit and found their weapons to be fairly lackluster for their size. The seconds largest ship particularly felt like a brick with two large slots and not much else.

I'd be interested in helping out, though I'd only really be useful for designing weapons. I'll put together some examples and post them here later.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Shellster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »

Thanks Vinya!

Yeah the weapons could do with a increase in power I think. With the second largest ship I sort of wanted it to be slightly more manoeuvrable than other comparable ships so I might increase its speed to make it more useful. I might also add a few more small/medium slots if needed. With the first release I thought it would be better to make everything slightly underpowered so I can easily make a few tweaks where needed. Thanks for the feedback :)

And yeah any help would be awesome! Atm I'm pretty busy so I don't really have much time to work on it as I would like so anything would be great. :)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »

I still think the second biggest ship might be interesting with a unique large spinal mounted built in gun :)

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 01:35:35 AM »

I usually can recognize the source of the kitbashes, but not this one.
What ship(s) that you used in the kitbash?
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 09:26:52 AM »

pretty much 90% of it seems hands made, other than that i can definitely see some condor , Atlas and maybe some dominator in there, maybe even something high tech.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:30:03 AM by ValkyriaL »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »

I can recognize the Tarsus, Phaeton, Atlas, munition ship and the Doom engine, probably some bits of the Prometheus and the sensor array too. But yeah, they are very, very well blended together, they seems practically like whole new ships.

Strangely Valk i don't see the Dominator, but then i rarely use this ship for kitbash other than for its engine so not big surprise.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 09:35:01 AM »

it's tiny, the top on the largests ships "wings" the side there angled at 45 degs reminds of this part on the domi.

Spoiler
[close]

Shellster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »

I still think the second biggest ship might be interesting with a unique large spinal mounted built in gun :)

Still thinking of doing this :), I might do two versions of the same ship, one with and one without a built in cannon.

I usually can recognize the source of the kitbashes, but not this one.
What ship(s) that you used in the kitbash?

HELMUT is pretty much spot on. Most of the armour plating is taken from the prometheus and the smaller tankers. The engines are taken from the doom. Some other ships off the top of my head include gemini, venture, falcon, munitions, com relay and apogee. Theres probably a little bit of everything in my sprites minus most of the TT ships :).
Pages: 1 [2]