Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Mush  (Read 3782 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Mush
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »

mush.twinoid.com

Very interesting social strategy game, 16 crewmembers are on a ship, two of them have been infected by the titular mush. The human members must get rid of all the mush and survive to a new system (Eden) or else find a cure for the mush and return to Sol. The mush look to infect humans and turn them, sabotage the ship, and generally cause havoc without getting caught. They win if all humans die, the ship is destroyed, or if they survive to Eden as well (to then infect the settlement there).

It's a very interesting very fun game that does have something of a learning curve. Does anyone play this? I could see getting a starsector ship together, there's some way for everyone to be on the same ship but I'm not 100% on how

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
Re: Mush
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 05:15:12 AM »

I might give a try, like the idea & graphic is great too
but when watching game play i somehow dubt my language skills (dunno why)
+ you wont make too many friends playing this :D & is to bad its a social game, not a fan of these
PS: THX for sharing
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »

yeah, this is definitely a game all about manipulating other people lol it's been very interesting so far, but I mostly just keep my head down and do my job since I'm not very experienced yet

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »

Just tried it, and must say it is really kind of great game ;) Funny to see how quickly all trust betwen crew is going out of the window and how fast one is being accused of being a Mush... I am not sure though if it is good to my mental health, as I can become kind of paranoid... ^^

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »

oh my goodness i know lol! I just had a great game where I was one of the original mush and my partner was stupid. I ended up hiding (great way to hide as mush: infect an inactive if possible, then immediately anonymush) and the other mush all got killed off. I almost managed an infiltration ending (I survive with the rest of the crew to return to Sol/New Eden) but we were low on oxygen so I stole the rest of the oxygen and taunted the crew as they choked to death :-D

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »

Well, in my recent game we eliminated both Mush quite fast, but not without mistakes [emm... I sentenced Gioele to death, as he was very suspicious, and Chao (which was a Mush) was very glad to executed him with mine support]. I still feel bad for poor Gioele ;) But our two Mushes took very interesting strategy - Chao and Jin (capitan) decided to start "fight" betwen themselfs, and formed two opposing groups, in which both of them were very influential. Also they were making sure that no harm will eventually happen to both of them. Just to us... Their plan eventually backfired when Eleesha printed list (on which only two characters were not comfirmed hummans) and Chun comfirmed that list :) Still, in the end most of crew commited sucide out of low morale :)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »

yeah the morale thing sucks, I often play Raluca so I can't be around other people or I lose morale even faster

MartinT

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 02:50:02 PM »

It's a fun game but very dependent on cooperation.  It seems like every game I've been in has about 3-5 idle people.  Also, I wish there was a better guide to help new players.