Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Star Citizen: Super Hornet F7C-M with LTI for sale. SOLD  (Read 11673 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen: Super Hornet F7C-M with LTI for sale.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »

It is a time saver, estimates say it would take a couple dozen hours of solid gameplay to earn that ship in the persistent universe.

So spending money on this stuff is either:
- buying you out of enjoyable gameplay == devaluing your game experience.
OR
- buying you out of tedious grind that isn't fun in the first place == bad game.

Either way it's bad =/

I'm really excited for Star Citizen & want it to be great, but the scale of this DLC cash-in is sickening; it's the epitome of all that's wrong in today's game industry.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 03:01:17 AM »

I am soooo glad some people agree with me. I thought I was going insane for being the only one who thinks RSI has strange business practices. ;D'

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 05:44:35 AM »

I am soooo glad some people agree with me. I thought I was going insane for being the only one who thinks RSI has strange business practices. ;D'

You are not insane, it's really obvious that model they are using is not good for players (for them it is as they will get a lot of $$$). The good thing is if you are not interested in a MMO on their servers, you can play it in single player with your private server, where there will not be problems like this.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 07:34:23 AM »

Like trying to get as much money as possible? I've never seen anything like it! Especially from an indie! Wow impressive! /sarcasm

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 01:16:12 PM »

Like trying to get as much money as possible? I've never seen anything like it! Especially from an indie! Wow impressive! /sarcasm

Did you get out of bed on the wrong side this morning?
Ofcourse indie developers would try to get funding for their game. It isn't about that, like I already said before.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 01:19:15 PM »

considering SC got 10 times their original budget on their greenlight, im surprised the game isn't even remotely playable yet, i call it a massive scam. several games of similar size and scale have been brought up and are in playable alpha as we speak.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »

Ofcourse indie developers would try to get funding for their game. It isn't about that, like I already said before.

Have been stressed around work and studies a lot lately, nothing out of order though :).

The thing that actually impresses me the most is that all the people giving money consider themselves players. People willingly donating money to a project, demanding things back. There's nothing special in the things they offer back for the money people donate, its pretty much all random common stuff you'll find in the game OR cosmetics (like in dota 2, you pay for those). There's no pay to win, or trash like that. They have a huge amount of kind of crazy people donating thousands of dollars, and the amount of money kind of went over their heads. That said, so much better then any other 60$ AAA titles that are barely supported after release, this guys actually care to make the best game ever, even if they may fail.

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 04:06:21 AM »

Have been stressed around work and studies a lot lately, nothing out of order though :).

The thing that actually impresses me the most is that all the people giving money consider themselves players. People willingly donating money to a project, demanding things back. There's nothing special in the things they offer back for the money people donate, its pretty much all random common stuff you'll find in the game OR cosmetics (like in dota 2, you pay for those). There's no pay to win, or trash like that. They have a huge amount of kind of crazy people donating thousands of dollars, and the amount of money kind of went over their heads. That said, so much better then any other 60$ AAA titles that are barely supported after release, this guys actually care to make the best game ever, even if they may fail.

Its not about people that donate money, its about what do they get for that money back, is it only cosmetics like in dot2, or is it ships, in game money, insurance for some period of time and other benefits? And compare a person that did not donate money to a person that did, do they start at the same foot? If the answer is no,than it's pretty obvious the game has p2w and play to less grind mechanic in it and those are bad for any game.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:09:19 AM by miljan »

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 01:11:48 AM »

It's hilarious because this guy has a track record of cutting corners and working really hard on the flash and sell, but never, ever actually following up on his promises.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen: Super Hornet F7C-M with LTI for sale. SOLD
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 09:51:18 PM »

The ship has been sold, did not exactly mean to start a debate in this thread...
Pages: 1 [2]