Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: UI tweak: Mark weapon damage types in the weapon group assignment window  (Read 3114 times)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile

The above is a very basic and ugly draft, but yeah... there's my suggestion! Would totally dig seeing something like this in the game with a fancier font or maybe using the game's own damage type icons. I'd imagine it'd help people a lot when fitting weapons to bigger ships, especially for people like me who tend to fit kinetic weaponry to a separate group and keep having to go back and forth between screens with things as they stand. :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:16:43 AM by XpanD »

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: UI tweak: Mark weapon damage types in the weapon group assignment window
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:07:51 AM »

A good idea!

Though your ugly draft..... lives up to its name ;D

I wonder if the autofire groupings actually needs its own dialogue box, or whether it'd be better configured in main refit screen.
(then you wouldn't need to replicate information such as name, mount type, weapon arc, or damage type)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »

I'd like not just E K HE F but the group type value (the string used, like "Close Support").  Those strings appear to have some influence in terms of which group a weapon gets assigned to in Auto-Assign.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »

I'd like not just E K HE F but the group type value (the string used, like "Close Support").  Those strings appear to have some influence in terms of which group a weapon gets assigned to in Auto-Assign.

Those actually do something? I always figured those were there for lore only, a way for people to see a weapon's intended purpose and maybe something to base their fittings around. They also seem to not be filled out (or misspelled/non-standard) in a lot of mods. Interesting stuff.