Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Gun Runners mod 1.06 for Starfarer 0.53a (previously Tri-Tachyon Station mod)  (Read 104027 times)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

With the release of Starfarer 0.51a, the need for a Tri-Tachyon station mod is no more. The utility of the Gun Runners base remains, however, so this mod is being renamed the Gun Runners mod as of version 1.04.

Changes for 1.04:
- Gorgon speed reduced to match new Medusa speed
- Tri-Tachyon station removed, as the core game includes one now.
- Gun Runners station moved to Corvus I, as the core Tri-Tachyon station is now orbiting Corvus V.
- Mod should now be compatible with all others, since it no longer edits the tritachyon.faction file.

Just for fun, I'll note down the # of downloads on the previous version before I replace it with the new. GR 1.04 was downloaded 929 times. That's 202 more than version 1.03, although 1.04 was up for a while longer.

Changes for 1.05:
- Not much, I just moved the GR station from Corvus I to Corvus IV since the storage station is on CorvusI now. If you have a save from before the station is launched it will launch over Corvus IV even if the convoy is already headed to I. If you have a save where it has already launched it will still work fine on Corvus I.

Changes for 1.06:
- Added ship systems introduced in 0.53a to the GR ships
- Utilized new API functionality to manage the ships for sale in the station. Every convoy clears out and refreshes ship inventories (so don't sell a ship to the station that you intend to buy back in the future!).
- The station now stocks one of every standard hull type in the game (including the ones that aren't really all that useful for now, like tankers and cargo ships and troop ships, but if you want it they got it), in addition to the pre-equipped GR ships and various fighters that it has always sold.
- Reduced station's orbital distance from the planet. This has no real effect on the game, I just thought it looked funny for the station to be orbiting so far from such a small planet.
- Should be fully save compatible with 1.05, the next convoy will update the station with all the ship hulls.

Mod features:
- A station orbiting Corvus IV which will spawn after the arrival of a convoy 30 days after the game start.
- All weapons available in the station (including those added by other mods)
- All stock ship hulls available in the station (one of each, restocked every convoy - not including those added by other mods, since there is no function to get all hull types just yet)
- Faction specific ships - the Gorgon (modified Medusa), Helios (modified Hyperion), Paria (modified Gemini), and Hades (a mid-range cruiser carrier with 2 decks, graphic based on the Condor).
- Purchase Faction resets - fix your relations with Pirates, Tri-Tachyon, Hegemony, or the Gun Runners themselves. Just buy it and wait a week at most.
- Increased spawn of Pirate, Tri-Tachyon, Independent, and Hegemony ships.

Old post:
This is just a super simple mod that adds a Tri-Tachyon station, along with appropriate cargo and a resupply fleet (focused on energy and missile weapons, and the more advanced ships - also gets a supply of veteran and elite troops). Saw some folks requesting a corporation station, and realized how easy it would be with the modding system in place - so here it is.

Note: As of 1.02, the mod now spawns in the stations after a convoy arrives in system, they won't be present on starting the game. The Tri-Tachyon convoy should arrive in 14 days from start. The Gun Runner convoy should arrive 30 days from start. When they arrive at their destinations, the stations will launch and you will be sent a message about it.

Link to old 1.01 version. (See below for newest version.)

Note that it won't be compatible with any mod that edits the tritachyon faction, or the sectorgen file. (No longer edits the main sectorgen file as of 1.02, but still requires the convoys in the tritachyon.faction file).

Update 1.01: Minor error with the original one, I had a "tempest_Balanced" in the potential resupply ships, and that ship variant doesn't actually exist, so it caused a crash when it came up. Apparently theres a file called tempest_Balanced but it's just a copy of the tempest_attack. I think it's save compatible, all I did was remove that entry from the resupply ship list.

Update 1.02:
- Added a smuggler faction I named the "Gun Runners" with a station of their own which gets launched after they arrive in system (30 days after start). The station has its own ship variants (a variant of the Medusa, Hyperion, Gemini, and a new medium carrier cruiser) as well as every gun in the game. It also stocks a variety of high end fighters, and can fix your reputation with all the factions (just buy the appropriate cargo item and wait a week).
- Modified the TT station to be launched after a convoy arrives. This means the mod no longer edits the main SectorGen file.
- Mod is still dependent on the tritachyon.faction file for the convoys. If you crash about 2 weeks after game start (or on loading after you save), you have another mod that's overwriting it.
- This version is not save compatible with 1.01. Sorry, too many changes.

Update 1.03:
- Reduced Gun Runners spawns
- Increased all other faction spawns (Independent, Hegemony, Tri-Tachyon, Pirates). Should liven up the system, and keep the Gun Runners from taking over.
- Not save compatible, as there is currently no way to edit existing spawn points (hint, hint Alex  ;))

Version 1.03 was downloaded 727 times.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:53:11 PM by Paul »

SgtAlex86

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tri-Tachyon Station mod
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:23:21 PM »

:o nice will try it out  ;D

Kilvanya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »

so not mac friendly then?

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »

Oh, I didn't think about that. Would zip be better?

Kilvanya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »

yup

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »

Ok, heres a link to a zip. In the future if I release anything I'll know to use zip instead :), never really modded in a community that supported both Mac and PC.

-edit- Link in OP is a zip now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:47:18 PM by Paul »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »

Nice! Btw, I looked at getEntityByName - there was a bug with it where it wouldn't work until after the game had started. Fixed it up, should work next version.

Hmm. I'll see if I can tweak things so that you can add a new fleet type w/o having to override the entire faction, too.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:11:42 PM »

Good to know it was a bug, I thought I was doing it wrong. Although I might have been doing it wrong too! ;D

Is there any way currently to edit the buy/sell interface for stations? I was goofing around with adding a player station that players can store stuff at, and I can do that easy enough - I just don't see a way to edit the interaction with the station to make it not use credits.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:20 PM »

No, there isn't. This stuff is fairly temporary (so I think now!), so it didn't make sense to put effort into making it moddable.

Good to know it was a bug, I thought I was doing it wrong. Although I might have been doing it wrong too! ;D

Hehe, I know what you mean. It's like when you go to debug something, and find five separate reasons for why it couldn't possibly have worked the first time :)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »

No, there isn't. This stuff is fairly temporary (so I think now!), so it didn't make sense to put effort into making it moddable.

Fair enough. Can't wait for future versions when campaign stuff is more developed. Game has so much potential, even in this early stage.

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »

Where is it?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »

You can't load. If you load it's not there. So you must create new game and you'll see it. Planet with 'ÍV' in it's name  ;)
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »

Yea, loading won't work as it won't generate the station. And it's on planet IV, I picked that one because it's the one all the Tri-Tachyon guys spawn at.

Updated the file with a crash fix.

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 04:29:51 AM »

Can not download.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »

Love the Mod,

But one question.. is the Independant orbital station supposed to be empty?

I can't see any ships, items, weapons, or anything..

I'm not very far into the game so it may be resupplied, but so far I haven't seen anything.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:58:08 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11