Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Gun Runners mod 1.06 for Starfarer 0.53a (previously Tri-Tachyon Station mod)  (Read 104505 times)

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

Cool, thanks Paul.

Maybe I can try editing the convoy files myself... These are the two mods I like the best, so I want them to play nice.  :)

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

Can I edit your TTConvoySpawnPoint.java file to include ships from another mod? Or should I make a similar file in the extended folder?

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile

I got a question... I'm using Starfarer extended and this mod, but I can't seem to find any of the extended's ships in the stations, and I very rarely, if ever, see the ships in fleets. I only see the Goose and the Oort oh and the Scarab and Sheperd. Anywho, I'm just wondering if there is something I have to do to get the ships to show up in stations and in fleets more?
or you can use the mod pack that contain also this two mod already merged

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

Are you talking about the Minimash? I've tried it and while it is a cool mod, currently I'm just looking to have Starfarer Extended and this station mod.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

Can I edit your TTConvoySpawnPoint.java file to include ships from another mod? Or should I make a similar file in the extended folder?

That would work, yes. Just add all the ship variants to the list of ships near the bottom, and they'll be randomly chosen when the script adds ships to the convoy. Could add them to the GRConvoySpawnPoint too if you wanted.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

Okay, cool, thanks for the response. Seems simple enough, and yes adding them to the gun runner convoy would be cool because they could use some more ships for sale.  :) maybe I should have them all the pirate ships, since pirates would definitely be buying on the black market aka gun runners...  :)

powerbonger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Loving the mod! Really good stuff. I was really pleased to see more carrier-type ships in the Gun Runners station too, and am now zipping around being all Gun Runner-y  ;D

I have a question though. Do the stations resupply ships for sale? Been playing for an hour or so and have yet to see new ships being sold in the Gun Runners station (haven't visited the others yet) ??? Or do I need to lose the Gun Runner ships in my fleet first to see new replacements?

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

They bring replacements in with the convoy. 10 ships every time, with 80% chance of them being fighters, so the larger ships will come in at roughly 2 per convoy. There are 7 types of ships on the list - 2 Hades variants, 3 Gorgon variants, the Paria, and the Helios.

Convoys are on a 30 day timer though, so they don't come real often. With a 4/7 chance of getting in a new Hades per convoy, you'll probably need to wait a few months to get a new one of those. Paria is more rare, only being shipped in roughly 2/7 convoys since it only has the one variant. So you may need to wait 3 or 4 or more for a new one of those to show up.

powerbonger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks much, Paul! :) Really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions. Will log in more play time and see what happens.

jet36

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Wow, this is fantastic!
But can i make a few suggestions?
1.You should make more Orbital specific weapons/ships, like take out all the tri-tachyon ships from Hegemony? Also take the tachyon lance away from the gun runners? Just a thought.
2. are you going to be adding a gun runner capital ship? Cause i think you should add this one :) See below :P
It was by Levik in the Spiral arms race thread, i think its boss.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Why take the tachyon lance away from the Gun Runners? They've got basically every weapon anyway, and unless you're using Dev mode, you're not going to have one unless you've got the money or the Paragons to get them.

uncle lag

• Ensign
    • View Profile

i am so sorry to bother you with my stupid issue, but it seems i cannot find the tt station at all. i am using no other mods but the latest (1.03) tt station + gun runners mod on latest (0.5a) starfarer and when i start new game i only see hegemony station on the map, but no tri-tachyon. i do see the new faction of ships (they're in pale yellow-green..ish colour) spread out across the system, though.

any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile

You have to wait some game time to let the TT station deploy

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I already do my own mod with this ship. But I do not know how to add it to the stores. This is the only thing that prevents me.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

So I edited the convoy spawn files to stock the starfarer extended ships... Is anyone interested in the files cuz I can share if you are. It isn't hard to edit, but it does take some time (and a inevitable fatal error as there is always something spelled wrong).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11