Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Gun Runners mod 1.06 for Starfarer 0.53a (previously Tri-Tachyon Station mod)  (Read 104023 times)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah gun runner defense fleet destroyed my fleet of 3 BS's, 2 cruiser carriers, 5 destroyers and 5 fighters purely because they more fighters and their medusas helped to. Their fighter screen capped out all but my paragon and quickly destroyed my fighters and the battle only continued by me contesting a 30 point nav but even with my paragon being instant death to fighters i still got overwhelmed when the goddamn destroyers swarmed.

After a certain amount of days can you spawn battle fleets? i'm talking full on combat fleets with 30-40 ships in them but make them sit around the planets/stations so their purely there to test the players fleets. You could even go all out and test different fleet comps, pirates could only have a single capital ship and a ton of lighter mobile ships while the hegemony would be a traditional capital fleet.

This gos out to all the different mods, the game gets boring when you have massive fleets and nothing to do with them--i want to see the full might of every faction! It could even be a community challenge--set a limit of fleet points then mod in what you think is a factions strongest fleet would be! I'd love to see what the junk pirates could field and i would love to try and beat it.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say that I think you really nailed the spawns in 1.03. Noone dominates and yet the big factions still feel powerful. Perhaps the Gun Runners defense fleets are a little too strong for what they represent but its only a tiny niggle.

It's a bit crazy but hell'a fun  ;D

That's good to hear :)

The GR defense fleet is supposed to only be 1, and in straight gameplay it only spawns 1 - it only spawns the second one when you save and load, which is caused I believe by the game jumping ahead 30 days due to a bug. That fleet spawning is where my faction relations reset code is at, so I wanted it to run every 7 days (so you could buy a reset and wait a max of 7 days) so it's set to despawn after 6 days of flying around then respawn on day 7. With the attack fleets hitting the GR I had issues where the fleet might fly around for a week just chasing ships and not despawn properly, so I set it to have a max of 2. That way it'll spawn another fleet and get the faction reset code triggered, then the old one will eventually come back and despawn once its done chasing stuff.

As far as their strength, that was intended as a challenge for the player more than a way to ward off the other factions.

Yeah gun runner defense fleet destroyed my fleet of 3 BS's, 2 cruiser carriers, 5 destroyers and 5 fighters purely because they more fighters and their medusas helped to. Their fighter screen capped out all but my paragon and quickly destroyed my fighters and the battle only continued by me contesting a 30 point nav but even with my paragon being instant death to fighters i still got overwhelmed when the goddamn destroyers swarmed.

After a certain amount of days can you spawn battle fleets? i'm talking full on combat fleets with 30-40 ships in them but make them sit around the planets/stations so their purely there to test the players fleets. You could even go all out and test different fleet comps, pirates could only have a single capital ship and a ton of lighter mobile ships while the hegemony would be a traditional capital fleet.

This gos out to all the different mods, the game gets boring when you have massive fleets and nothing to do with them--i want to see the full might of every faction! It could even be a community challenge--set a limit of fleet points then mod in what you think is a factions strongest fleet would be! I'd love to see what the junk pirates could field and i would love to try and beat it.

Could get battle fleets spawning in after a certain time stamp if it was wanted, would just have to edit in big fleets into the faction files. Due to the thing advancing 30 days every time you save/load it would spawn them quicker if you did a lot of that though, heh. The TT Security Details are already pretty tough though, as are the Hegemony defense forces if you fight all their capital ships. Their main weakness is the fact they run away before the battle actually gets going.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah i want to fight waves after waves of ships and watch the wrecks tumble through space.

Kilvanya

• Commander
    • View Profile

need ability to spawn wrecks on battle map, like meteors but they're old ships

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

How do one get factions into the campaign? Mine always return this error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/SectorGen.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:205)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:157)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: Source file "data/scripts/world/TimCORPSpawnPoint.java" does not declare class "data.scripts.world.TimCORPSpawnPoint"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:165)
   at org.codehaus.janino.IClassLoader.loadIClass(IClassLoader.java:158)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findClassByName(UnitCompiler.java:6054)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:4568)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$10300(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitReferenceType(UnitCompiler.java:4442)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ReferenceType.accept(Java.java:2020)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4476)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getLocalVariable(UnitCompiler.java:1607)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2226)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$3700(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$7.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatement(UnitCompiler.java:2141)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.java:1771)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2144)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2105)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:1946)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:789)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:464)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:357)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:312)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:319)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:288)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:203)
(taken from the starfarer log) Any who actully can determine the error? It's making me waste the precious time ;D

Net-burst

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Upgradecap, looks like your error is caused by another mod. TimCORP to be more precise. I'm not using it, so I wont be able to tell you what exactly is wrong.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

That mod is Mine mod, and i'm asking anyone here how to really solve the problem (the reason i'm here is beacuse 1: this mod already got a whole faction in, so i'm wondering if anyone can answer 2: this is more popular = more likley to answer ;D)
Anyone got an actual solution on how to add in a whole faction?

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

It's pretty self explanatory if you look at the log.

Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: Source file "data/scripts/world/TimCORPSpawnPoint.java" does not declare class "data.scripts.world.TimCORPSpawnPoint"

Your TimCORPSpawnPoint file does not declare the class. Go into your spawn point file and change the public class SpawnPoint and below that public SpawnPoint to be TimCORPSpawnPoint instead of whatever spawn point file it is you copied.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

right, thanks ;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

And now it gives me this error:
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/SectorGen.java, Line 83, Column 29: Unknown variable or type "spawn"
I've tried with changing the "spawn" TimCORP but it still gives me the same error, what should it say there?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm not sure this thread is a great place for a discussion about compilation errors in another mod. Start another thread, perhaps?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Perhaps, but for now it's just these two posts, and i don't really want to bother starting a New.thread, so Can Anyone help Me?

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile

Two questions about the faction diplomacy item
1) is it resupplied at the GR base
2)  is it possible to make it 'drop' when you kill a factions enemy fleet. (kill enough pirates find the item- the hegemony will forgive you for capturing its defense fleet...)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

Two questions about the faction diplomacy item
1) is it resupplied at the GR base
2)  is it possible to make it 'drop' when you kill a factions enemy fleet. (kill enough pirates find the item- the hegemony will forgive you for capturing its defense fleet...)

1). Yes, when it's used (which takes anywhere from a day to a week, its triggered by the respawn of the GR defense fleet) it resets your standing to 0 and adds a replacement one to the station.
2). Never tried. Could try adding it to them and then kill them and see if they drop it, but I haven't tested it. As I have it implemented right now, it's a service from the smuggler faction that you purchase - not a bounty. Although I guess if you got bounty tokens dropping from fleets you could set it to reward you for them in a similar fashion.

And now it gives me this error:
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/SectorGen.java, Line 83, Column 29: Unknown variable or type "spawn"
I've tried with changing the "spawn" TimCORP but it still gives me the same error, what should it say there?

Sounds like you're trying to use a variable called spawn when you haven't defined a variable called spawn. Would have to see your code to know what it is you're doing wrong. Let's take it to your thread though, eh? No point spamming this one with a discussion on another mod.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:24:27 PM by Paul »

C-Station

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have extracted the zip file into the mods folder, and checked the box in the mod option thing.

However, I can't find the station at planet IV, I have made three new saves and still no luck.

Can anyone help me?

Edit: I just had to wait for them to build it in five minutes. Silly me :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:00:52 PM by C-Station »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11