Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Gun Runners mod 1.06 for Starfarer 0.53a (previously Tri-Tachyon Station mod)  (Read 104033 times)

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tri-Tachyon Station mod - 1.02, now with Gun Runners faction
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:08 AM »

Anything else I should change while im at it? Maybe some more independents too?

Shore!   ;D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:26 AM »

Hmm, TT is hostile to independents, so maybe I'll add a independent spawn focused on mercenaries with the Gun Runners station as a target. Call them customers :)

I'll make the TT station send attack fleets against the gun runners once their station is built too. After all, they're competition. Should liven things up a bit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:57:56 AM by Paul »

assassinsafro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »

Hi, Sorry to bother but i cant seem to get the mod working. I download it unzip it and put it into my mod directory. I select it in the launcher but then there are no stations on corvus IV or V. Im not sure what i am doingwrong any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »

They spawn once the convoys arrive. 14 days before the TT convoy spawns, 30 days on the gun runner convoy. Then they head to Corvus IV and V, respectively. Once they arrive, the station spawns.

assassinsafro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »

Thanks for the help, the mod seems great thumbs up.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »

[EDIT] Doesn't work.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested this yet but I think it would work:

If you want the stations to spawn immediately you can copy the bit of code that generates them into GRModGen.java in /data/scripts/world. For the gunrunner station copy from GRConvoySpawnPoint.java to GRModGen.java - the relevant code is about halfway through after th second "if (station==null)".

I like the way it spawns after some time, but just to make sure its working this should do it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:52:31 AM by Thaago »

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:51 AM »

Actually, that's a bad idea right now. ;) Until next version, there is a bug with getEntityByName that prevents it from working in the gen file. That was the reason I initially moved it to the spawn points.

Before I moved it to spawn points I had to spawn them in the default SectorGen instead, but I wanted to remove that dependency since a bunch of other mods also edit the default SectorGen for the same reason. Makes the mod more compatible with others.

I'll be releasing an update shortly that adds extra spawns for: Pirates, Independents, Tri-Tachyon, Hegemony. And reduces spawns of: Gun Runners. That way the system is a bit more lively, and the Gun Runners don't dominate the system, as that was never my intention. Making the extra Pirate and Independent spawns visit the Gun Runner station, which should spur some conflict around there. The Hegemony is just additional patrols in the system triggered by the launch of the TT station. And the Tri-Tachyon spawns attack fleets to attack both the Gun Runners and the Hegemony stations, as well as security details to defend the TT station.

Just going to run it for a few mins to see how the balance of power looks after the change.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »

Heh - that teaches me to post without a computer to test on :D. Very nice mod btw, I forgot to say that last post!

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

Well, after letting it run for a while things look pretty good. Seems to be a good spread of factions on the map. Although I'm sure player interference will change things a lot, so further feedback is welcome.

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile

This looks pretty nice. I'll download it later and give you some more feedback :)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Bigger fleets or just slower fleets would be nice until the fleet speed gets changed, chugging along at 108 with 100% speed means i have to loiter around hoping to snag defense fleets. The cruiser carrier is goddamn amazing and same with the projectile medusa.

There needs to be more heavy dedicated carriers, i mean we have a single heavy carrier there should be a huge selection from fast attack to fleet carriers.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile

Can you just plop the new 1.03 version in in order to change the spawns around? Or do you have to generate a whole new world?
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Subject901

• Ensign
    • View Profile

he says not save compatible :(

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

Adding new ships and guns will be save compatible - so if I add new Gun Runners stuff later it won't break saves. It's just I can't edit existing spawn points - so I couldn't fix the super fast spawning Gun Runners without breaking save compatibility.

Or, well, I could have - but that would have meant gutting the existing spawn and creating a new duplicate one, but im not sure if that would cause problems down the road. Cleaner to just fix it and let people restart - folks can always add extra money to their save to get things back on track faster, and most ships are available for sale anyway.

Vizzy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say that I think you really nailed the spawns in 1.03. Noone dominates and yet the big factions still feel powerful. Perhaps the Gun Runners defense fleets are a little too strong for what they represent but its only a tiny niggle.

It's a bit crazy but hell'a fun  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11