Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325032 times)

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Starsector+ 3.6.0
« Reply #2865 on: September 17, 2016, 11:29:22 PM »

I'm a little confused, thought this was more or less discontinued when the core features were split into different mods. Does running SS+ with a setup with the other Dark Revenant mods add any additional features? The skill and balance changes mentioned a few posts up, for example--or are those already in Dynasector?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2866 on: September 18, 2016, 12:00:53 AM »

Dynasector is just the randomization elements (which, in reality, is a massive feature befitting of an entire mod).  SS+ has the balance changes and the other features not directly related to randomization.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 22, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »

I've tried to do a number of pirate runs yesterday and found them to be damn near impossible. Mostly owed to the fact that there's no small trade fleets around. Everything that flies can hurt you enough to take out at least one of your ships, which spells the end of a run if it happens early on. Compared to vanilla, your starting options are very generous and your relationship with the pirates is higher, but there's no good way to increase it through combat. All you can do is smuggle and slowly squirrel away points. In vanilla you may start low and with bad relations, but at least there's fleets you can tackle to improve the situation. Pirate privateer and raider are starting options, so they should at least be playable as such. Maybe 3 runs wasn't enough to get 'lucky', but in my opinion early fleet generation could use some tweaking.

I'm using SS+ plus all the companion mods, as well as a handful of compatible factions.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:34:02 PM by Schwartz »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2868 on: September 22, 2016, 08:02:37 PM »

SS+ doesn't change trade fleets, other than increasing the number of trade fleets that exist.  If no small trade fleets exist, that's because modded markets are too large and stable on average, or because some other mod was doing something weird with the economy.

It's possibly caused by a denser map with more stuff around to kill small fleets, so I'll increase the number of trade fleets further.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 22, 2016, 08:14:26 PM »

Hmm.. but if I'm right at the source and notice no pirates or anything bothering trade in Corvus, you're saying fleets should spawn pretty much 1:1 to vanilla right? No modded markets involved there, unless something does pump up the markets in vanilla star systems.

I'll look into this some more. All I noticed was that when I started a similar game without mods, I saw a couple of small fish fleets right away around Corvus, whereas in my SS+ modded games they were all too big to touch.

Edit: Okay, looks like I was just unlucky. Still, it couldn't hurt to up the trade fleets at least a little.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:09:49 PM by Schwartz »

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 04, 2016, 10:28:34 AM »

This question might not be SS+ related, but since this mod is adding/modifying the skills and I'm not sure what is vanilla and what is not I'm asking here.

Do AI fleets get fleet wide skill bonuses? I know that they have officer skills and get the benefits for the ships they are flying. But the fleet wide improvements from the player skill tree are extremely powerful and it feels like the AI is lacking those.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 04, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »

DynaSector adds skills with fleet-level effects to commanders of AI fleets.

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 11, 2016, 06:43:41 AM »

Sorry been away from Starsector for a bit but was looking to play again with this mod.

Didn't the OP have a list of compatible mods at some point.... Where is it? I like to run SC filled to the brim :)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 11, 2016, 06:55:04 AM »

SS+ changed a lot and got broken up in smaller chunk. You want to check DynaSector's thread for that list.

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 11, 2016, 11:49:58 AM »

Oh I see, thank you!

...so SS+ is not compatible with Dynasector? I don't see it mentioned on the Dynasector page.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:52:57 AM by Bishi »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 11, 2016, 01:03:57 PM »

It is compatible with DyanSector, and with pretty much every non TC mods.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 18, 2016, 12:33:11 PM »

This is another evening wasted in a futile attempts to modify skill/aptitude parameters within SS+, so at this point I would really appreciate any pointers. What file(s) should I extract/modify/erase from SSP.jar so that the game finally notice my changes? I am trying to change Computer Systems for the sake of example.

I have asked this question year ago, and with the help of others I was able to do the same, but that was at the time of SS+ 2.10 version, and apparently logic beyond file structure in SSP.jar has been changed with versions so that solution doesn't work anymore.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: November 18, 2016, 01:19:56 PM »

This is another evening wasted in a futile attempts to modify skill/aptitude parameters within SS+, so at this point I would really appreciate any pointers. What file(s) should I extract/modify/erase from SSP.jar so that the game finally notice my changes? I am trying to change Computer Systems for the sake of example.

I have asked this question year ago, and with the help of others I was able to do the same, but that was at the time of SS+ 2.10 version, and apparently logic beyond file structure in SSP.jar has been changed with versions so that solution doesn't work anymore.
You want vanilla skills? If you need this that here archive. I have made it for myself. I don't like skills of it fashion.
link - https://yadi.sk/d/ZkKDIdTsywPmS
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:01:11 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 18, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »

You want vanilla skills? If you need this that here archive. I have made it for myself. I don't like skills of it fashion.
Thank you for the link DrakonST! Vanilla skills is not exactly what I am after, what I want is to modify percentages of some skills, like turning 1% each Computer Systems level adds to my OP into 2% and so on. Hopefully I would be able to understand what you did by comparing your archive with original SS+, but if you could give me more direct hint, that would be really cool! :)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 18, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »

Thank you for the link DrakonST! Vanilla skills is not exactly what I am after, what I want is to modify percentages of some skills, like turning 1% each Computer Systems level adds to my OP into 2% and so on. Hopefully I would be able to understand what you did by comparing your archive with original SS+, but if you could give me more direct hint, that would be really cool! :)
I have just removed all files connected with skills. Very simply. Anything special.
To remake skills to be necessary to change files of *.jar and also files in the data folder. It is a lot of small work.
But I am not going to do it because to be pleasant to me the balance of vanilla.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 197