Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325573 times)

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Starsector+ 3.3.0
« Reply #2430 on: March 08, 2016, 03:50:21 PM »

Ah, I thought the "I" in your post was you (the player). I was wondering how you'd even managed to install that on an Aurora in the first place...

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: March 10, 2016, 05:13:52 PM »

So a Tri-Tach kill fleet was launched for me and had one incredibly advanced frigate I didn't even know was in SS+, called Excelsior. I got lucky and managed to capture it, but the ship is broken. The phase generator isn't working at all. Did you check to see if it works under the new phase rules?

Marcus Garvey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: March 10, 2016, 05:19:23 PM »

Just tested and it's working fine. You use the special ability to absorb projectiles/asteroids and build up flux, while the phase cloak reduces your flux and your weapons deal more damage the higher your flux levels.

Ceebees

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: March 10, 2016, 07:06:16 PM »

Much like the Templar ships, the Excelsior is tagged as a phase ship because it uses a heavily modified phase mechanic to do something clever. To elaborate slightly:

The built-in guns do more damage as the ship's flux gets proportionally closer to overload. Ironically, it's a ship where vents make it harder to use, and even caps are double-edged as they make it hard to build up flux to get the top-tier firepower out of your shunt cannons.

The ship's phase cloak is both a travel system, and it also bleeds off flux instead of building it up. You may have noticed the negative upkeep per second on the stats - not a typo. The consequence of this, though, is it needs flux to run; activating it at zero flickers it on for a split-second before it burns through the activation cost and turns off again.

And lastly, to power the above two abilities and defend the shieldless and barely-armored hull, the ship system 'eats' nearby projectiles and turns them into flux.

The Excelsior is also funny because rank-10 skills (tech's Flux Dynamics and combat's Power Grid Modulation, in particular) actually make it worse. Their dissipation buffs together leave it unable to build up the flux it needs to run it's systems at all unless it has someone shooting at it, and the PGM 'reduction' to phase upkeep nerfs the phase-vent.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:12:04 PM by Ceebees »

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: March 10, 2016, 07:25:29 PM »

Alright got it, my mistake. I running the ship pretty late game and I guess that is making it harder to pilot.

Solinarius

• Lieutenant
  • Wind. Fire. All that kind of thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: March 10, 2016, 11:49:04 PM »

ITU isn't doing anything for the Lightning Gun for me. 1200su targeting display, but reach is still 1000su.

:edit: Maybe it is and I'm just tired :P

:edit2: Yeah, definitely not doing anything.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:13:36 AM by Solinarius »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: March 11, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »

Crashes on startup. It might be that another mod is outdated, but the game crashes unless I disable this mod.

Spoiler
Code
41114 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/shaders/material/ships/buffalo/buffalo_luddic_path_material.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Starsector Plus,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Armor-Repair,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shield-Hard-Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MusicLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/shaders/material/ships/buffalo/buffalo_luddic_path_material.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Starsector Plus,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Armor-Repair,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shield-Hard-Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MusicLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.null.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.loadTexture(Unknown Source)
at org.dark.shaders.util.TextureData.readTextureDataCSV(TextureData.java:155)
at data.scripts.SSP_ModPluginAlt.initShaderLib(SSP_ModPluginAlt.java:33)
at data.scripts.SSPModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(SSPModPlugin.java:307)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2437 on: March 11, 2016, 06:30:10 PM »

Delete the mod and try again.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:19 PM »

Did.
However, It turns out, I failed to update shaderlib, which appears to have fixed it.

Sidenote. With Nexerelin, The different starting levels are incorrect, presumably because Starsector+ alters experience requirements.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2439 on: March 11, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »

Sidenote. With Nexerelin, The different starting levels are incorrect, presumably because Starsector+ alters experience requirements.
Which one? I fixed the level 16 start when it was reported a few months back, and while you do end up with extra XP on the level 6 start with either vanilla or SS+ (can't remember which), it doesn't quite reach the next level unless I'm really misremembering things.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: March 12, 2016, 07:10:06 PM »

An idea to make the Cronus less mediocre: give it burn 8 and around 70 base speed. Essentially, make it a battlecruiser that can keep up with actual cruisers both in and out of combat. It's got the armament and armor of a heavy-ish high-tech cruiser, why not give it the speed of a heavy-ish high-tech cruiser?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:15:08 PM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2441 on: March 12, 2016, 07:23:36 PM »

It's not mediocre at all.  You can chew up disproportionately large fleets of smaller ships in one.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: March 12, 2016, 10:29:18 PM »

Yeah, and so can every other heavy cruiser or capital ship worth the deployment cost. I could do the same with the Aurora, pre-0.7.2, and I can do the same with the Doom post-0.7.2. It's not worth dragging a tug around for, and that's what matters with burn 7 ships; is it worth 2 ship slots and an extra 5 fuel/ly. Making it burn 8 nicely short-circuits that issue.

I mean, an extra 10 base speed would be nice. But what really prevents me from using the Cronus is that it's a slightly heavier cruiser with the logistics of a capital ship.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2443 on: March 12, 2016, 10:40:48 PM »

So that 15% range, 20-40 vents, and 20-40 capacitors doesn't mean anything?

Think of the corollary: if it has burn 8, it's automatically the best capital ship in the game.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: March 12, 2016, 10:45:33 PM »

The Cronus has more firepower than any cruiser barring the Paladin.
In combat it is faster than many cruisers, and all capital ships.
It has the capital ship class advantages that Dr listed.

What more do you want? Anything else would make it overpowered, it fits a niche that no other capship does and is fun to fly and difficult to approach.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:49:13 PM by MesoTroniK »
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 197