Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1328954 times)

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Starsector+ 3.3.0
« Reply #2415 on: March 07, 2016, 06:29:54 AM »

You're right, the SS+ version of Piratos gives a 100x salvage multiple (max allowable) by default rather than 0. Somehow I don't think this was intentional (non-SS+ version is 0 by default).

JamesBai03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »

Is the updated Nexerlin compatible with SS+?

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: March 07, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »

Yes it is.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: March 07, 2016, 11:19:10 AM »

You're right, the SS+ version of Piratos gives a 100x salvage multiple (max allowable) by default rather than 0. Somehow I don't think this was intentional (non-SS+ version is 0 by default).

Yes, sorry for that, i have forgot remove that, so, you download a file who have a option 10000% bonus salvage per default, ah ah xD
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

elpirata

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: March 07, 2016, 11:55:09 AM »

That may be true; however, the real problem is that he isn't using Starsector+ 3.3.0.  He must still be using 3.2.1, which obviously doesn't work with 0.7.2a.

Thought I downloaded the new one.  Feel like a right knob now.  Thanks mate, really appreciate the work you do on here.  the IBB is awesome.

the 3.2.1 doesn't work with 7.2?

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: March 08, 2016, 07:18:07 AM »

So I'm really struggling with Supplies averaging 130-160. I've seen Fuel go as low as 40-60 but most markets have it in the 125-150 ballpark. I saw earlier in the thread this is caused by faction mods adding markets and thus creating demand, which makes sense but the only one I'm running is Imperium. Does Starsector have supply elasticity in its economic model? Shouldn't markets which have the inputs and facilities to produce Supplies attempt to produce more when prices are high? Also, it feels like the necessities are getting more expensive, but that might just be me.

Is there any way to fix the high price conditions through gameplay--attempting to lift a siege, killing Pirates, supplying inputs myself, etc.--or is my only recourse to start a new game and try Save Transfer?

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: March 08, 2016, 07:44:54 AM »

So I'm really struggling with Supplies averaging 130-160. I've seen Fuel go as low as 40-60 but most markets have it in the 125-150 ballpark. I saw earlier in the thread this is caused by faction mods adding markets and thus creating demand, which makes sense but the only one I'm running is Imperium. Does Starsector have supply elasticity in its economic model? Shouldn't markets which have the inputs and facilities to produce Supplies attempt to produce more when prices are high? Also, it feels like the necessities are getting more expensive, but that might just be me.

Is there any way to fix the high price conditions through gameplay--attempting to lift a siege, killing Pirates, supplying inputs myself, etc.--or is my only recourse to start a new game and try Save Transfer?

I think the SS economy is made to be stable, mostly to "force" the player to smuggle, fight and take advantage of events rather than trade
To achieve this, well, it is complicated, stuff is produced even without materials or demand, goods are teleported and stuff like that, let's just say that if you attempted to do it IRL you'll end up with massive economic crashes, continent-wide civil wars, WW3, 4 and 5 or all of the above.
On the left half of the Bell curve

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: March 08, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »

Yeah it's not uncommon to see a station *** out a bunch of metal sheets and supplies with next to no ores and volatiles available.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: March 08, 2016, 02:09:05 PM »

Hello, my name is Admiral Leonard Mimas, formerly of the Independent military, and I would like to report a bug.

Spoiler
[close]

I have put Expanded Flight Decks on my Aurora, but I don't think it's working. My fighter wings aren't being refitted any faster. Please help.

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: March 08, 2016, 02:24:37 PM »

The Aurora doesn't have a flight deck, it only looks like it should have a flight deck (on the sprite, I mean). The Expanded Flight Decks mod only works for carriers, ie ships that have something other than "0" for their Flight Decks stat--see middle column, second row from the bottom in your screenshot.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:34:30 PM by BHunterSEAL »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: March 08, 2016, 02:25:52 PM »

T-thanks Sherlock

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: March 08, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »

Haha, I've just seen the Basileus-F.

Something makes me want a fleet of them. xD

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: March 08, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »

I think the SS economy is made to be stable, mostly to "force" the player to smuggle, fight and take advantage of events rather than trade
To achieve this, well, it is complicated, stuff is produced even without materials or demand, goods are teleported and stuff like that, let's just say that if you attempted to do it IRL you'll end up with massive economic crashes, continent-wide civil wars, WW3, 4 and 5 or all of the above.

I get how it's supposed to work, but it looks like the model doesn't hold up under the joint stresses of new markets and aggressive factions. There's a thread in the Modding forum (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10157.0) where Alex shares some detail on his rationale for the economy. The model is designed to ensure changes in endogenous variables--stockpiles, prices, import and export flows, etc--iterate towards a long-run equilibrium under classic 'perfect market' conditions (absence of transaction costs, access to commodities at any location, universal price discovery, etc). Obviously the player doesn't benefit from these assumptions, so exogenous factors are introduced to temporarily "shock" locations away from the market-clearing price. A modder mentioned in the thread that production facilities can't be created or destroyed, nor do production targets ever change; I'd thought these might be allowed to fluctuate to allow increased production of goods where shortages have driven prices higher. In economic terms, structural supply and demand are perfectly inelastic with respect to price.*

That's kinda the problem. Alex does say explicitly that a shortage of raw materials will result in reduced output; food shortages also reduce output for the affected location. The new SS+ pirate faction, along with general faction warfare, has my map screen showing most systems with 3+ ongoing trade disruptions at any given time. As big Supply producers export less (or even become importers), location trade balances adjust to redistribute remaining surpluses. This works fine in vanilla, and probably for any combination of mods whose location configurations maintain a systemwide aggregate excess of Supplies. If there isn't enough production, locations raise their bids in an attempt to meet more of their demand. With not enough to go around, bids get continually pushed up. As far as I can tell there's no built-in relief to nudge prices back down to normal--going the other way, a spoilage mechanic prevents large stockpiles from sending prices too low.

The end result so far has been that for just SS+ and Imperium, average Supply prices are now north of 150 and seem to be growing across the board as time goes on.

*In reality, not a thing--other than every Econ 101 professor's favorite trick question, since the supply and demand curves are the same vertical line at Qe

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: March 08, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »

By any chance is the Imperium IBB Olympus' previous owner's name a reference to the Starsector Faction Opinionist (kind of think critic is a lowly-ish term for someone who points out both positive and negative terms) himself?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: March 08, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »

The Aurora doesn't have a flight deck, it only looks like it should have a flight deck (on the sprite, I mean). The Expanded Flight Decks mod only works for carriers, ie ships that have something other than "0" for their Flight Decks stat--see middle column, second row from the bottom in your screenshot.

Spoiler
That's the joke. The randomized ship variants thing put expanded flight decks on something that has no flight decks. It probably shouldn't do that.
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 197