Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1330489 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ 3.1.2
« Reply #2235 on: January 13, 2016, 07:28:38 PM »

No you were definitely using a kite ship if they couldn't pressure you at all. Any shorter range build will be dramatically outranged by a capital ship like the Onslaught and have to take some care to avoid being shredded.
Ah.  You haven't actually fought this particular bounty fleet.  These hulls come with Safety Overrides built in - which means that no, they don't outrange ordinary builds.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 13, 2016, 08:23:15 PM »

Is there a reason that the apogee's ion drones are welded to its left side??

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2237 on: January 13, 2016, 08:52:56 PM »

No.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 13, 2016, 09:51:29 PM »

I think the Luddic Church should have access to more Onslaughts than they do now just so I don't have to fight fleets that look like this.
Spoiler
[close]
I mean, Cathedrals are nice and tanky and all, but I'd like some variety.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 13, 2016, 11:25:20 PM »

I dunno, I think Luddicified Conquests would be cooler than Onslaughts. But I've always been a sucker for midline ships when I'm not mainlining Crackrock Dankyards.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 13, 2016, 11:58:54 PM »

No.

How do i command them to free roam??

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2241 on: January 14, 2016, 12:36:41 AM »

No.

How do i command them to free roam??

Why don't you ask Alex?

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 14, 2016, 02:07:09 AM »

Just got to the Luddic Path bounty fleet... and, err, it kinda felt like a joke.  Neither the Onslaught nor the Dominators were able to close, and were trivially kited to death without ever firing more than an occasional salvo of missiles.  I suggest removing the Degraded Engines hull mod, or restoring their original Burn Drive system, or perhaps both.

I mean, unless it's supposed to be a sort of a joke fight?  In which case it's fine.
If that way it's way too powerful as being the only capital with SO.  It's not a joke fight through, you need to be very careful with them, I put avoid order on both of them to prevent my fleet from stupidly charging into them. When my fleet finished the rest of their fleet, I took them down with a onslaught myself. And they are completely not useful for me through, no matter how I refit them, they could not match the performance of the vanilla ones. Maybe it's because SO is not really suitable on Cruisers and Capitals.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:17:30 AM by sycspysycspy »
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: January 14, 2016, 02:25:14 AM »

Probably because you only get five of them and they don't get rebuilt during combat.

Mudanzas Valencia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • mudanzas valencia
« Reply #2244 on: January 14, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »

Alex said in announcement thread that multiple boarding is possible in mods, ergo allowing multiple bounty board ships to be captured (in one battle). True or false, and sorry to keep bringing this up but I just lost my high tech sunder trying to coax one of the lashers to retreat so i could capture it the next battle (it antimatter blasted me :/) this is very frustrating and griefy to capture both those ships
si desea un presupuesto para su hogar o negocio
http://www.mudanzasvalemcia.com
Sus muebles, así como nuestra reputación en Valencia, tu empresa de mudanzas economicas.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2245 on: January 14, 2016, 10:22:02 PM »

It is possible.  However, that's basically like saying a My Little Pony total conversion is possible.  I'd have to do all the work from scratch.

Either way, I don't like the idea; multiple boarding was originally added by SS+ in order to account for the fact that it was unlikely an individual capture would be successful. Since that's no longer the case, I won't be implementing it.

Mudanzas Valencia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • mudanzas valencia
« Reply #2246 on: January 14, 2016, 10:32:45 PM »

Does that mean it's not actually possible to capture the undyne? Or does forcing it (or the salamander) to retreat allow you to capture them both across two battles?

Though it doesn't look like the undyne is willing to retreat under any circumstances, so maybe kill the undyne and the rest of the fleet, will the salamander retreat if facing many of your ships?

Curse these evil lashers...
si desea un presupuesto para su hogar o negocio
http://www.mudanzasvalemcia.com
Sus muebles, así como nuestra reputación en Valencia, tu empresa de mudanzas economicas.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2247 on: January 14, 2016, 10:35:17 PM »

The one that gets picked to be boarded is random.

And it's Undine.  Undyne is a fish.

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 14, 2016, 10:55:26 PM »

There is a trick if you want to Capture more IBB boss ships. Consider this as a cheat, use console command to set famousbountystage to the specific number.
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: January 14, 2016, 11:11:47 PM »

It is possible to capture multiple ships from one IBB bounty, though doing so reliably requires a significant amount of save-scumming.  The trick is to get one of the secondary targets (i.e. not the enemy flagship) to retreat.  Sometimes they won't even if you push them down to 1% hull, in which case you're just out of luck, try again.  Once it has retreated, you have to win that engagement, let the survivors flee, and then use Emergency Burn to re-engage the fleet before it can despawn.

I actually discovered this by accident when I managed to acquire two Thunderstorm-class Tempests.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 197