Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1328834 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ 3.1.2
« Reply #2145 on: January 02, 2016, 07:52:32 PM »

The AI doesn't seem to be able to safely kite. I put 4 mining lasers on a hecate. It had a speed of 275 with light armor, manuvering jets and augmented engines. Against a luddic 4 gun ship (i forget its name) the hecate flew right into the jaws of the luddic and got evisterated, actually ramming the ship hard, even though it could have easily stayed at range and melted the luddic over time.

Not sure what the deal is, maybe it's vanilla, don't think the AI can account for very fast accerlation, manuverability and speed.

I think each ship has a specific default AI. Some are suicidal, some cautious and some timid. At least this is what I saw in 0.65.2a. I thought officers came in the game for the player to actually be bale to change the default personality to one that the player wants.
Ignorance is bliss..

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 02, 2016, 07:57:44 PM »

@weltall
Nope, all officer-less ships are set to a "Steady" personality by default since Officers were made available.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 02, 2016, 11:40:34 PM »

Zenith technically has the same OP-bonus as the Eagle, but you're right in that it's lower than the Aurora.  I'll raise its OP by 10 so its OP bonus equals the Aurora's.

Awesome, that should go a long way.

The large slots make the Zenith better than the Aurora at sustainably killing other cruisers, smaller capitals, and particularly tough destroyers, the Aurora is better at killing lighter destroyers, frigates, and fighters.

I don't find this to be the case right now.

Since the only sustained-fire hard flux large energy weapon is the PRAZMA CANON and you can't reliably fire that on anything except a Paragon (and even then only the one without 10/10) large energy slots on cruisers are not very valuable - mediums are much stronger. Autopulses are only good for flux-pressure against cruisers and caps, they don't really work as main weapons.

Together with HEF pushing flux efficiency on the Aurora, 2 blasters on one ends up with higher effective dps and better damage/flux compared to a 2 blaster/2 autopulse zenith, and the zenith has worse flux and takes more damage from being so wide.

I think maybe the Zenith would be more interesting if it had even worse flux dissipation, but deeper flux capacity, pushing the 'get in there and blast its face' aspect further.

Well, I'm not using it much right now since I got a Stheno from R.A.V.E.N. :D
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 03, 2016, 01:03:17 AM »

Can someone look at the Bounty mission for Helmut Murkoph?

The fleet is unkillable, you defeat most of it's massive fleet and it will not let you "Harry their retreat, pursue" etc. Forces you with another battle with them. The Heron carrier and many of the fighter wings ressurect and fight you again even though on the post battle screen they are all disabled ( it keeps looping) I press retreat from battle and the undead fleet keeps chasing me..... You do not get the 780,000c bounty kill money after "defeating" them.

i am on the latest version of SS+

the bounty uses many Interstellar Imperium ships.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:04:52 AM by Gezzaman »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2149 on: January 03, 2016, 02:09:23 AM »

Can someone look at the Bounty mission for Helmut Murkoph?

The fleet is unkillable, you defeat most of it's massive fleet and it will not let you "Harry their retreat, pursue" etc. Forces you with another battle with them. The Heron carrier and many of the fighter wings ressurect and fight you again even though on the post battle screen they are all disabled ( it keeps looping) I press retreat from battle and the undead fleet keeps chasing me..... You do not get the 780,000c bounty kill money after "defeating" them.

i am on the latest version of SS+

the bounty uses many Interstellar Imperium ships.

Don't know, and can't reproduce it.  Went in, killed off Murkoph, ended the battle, and the remainder (including fighters) retreated.  So, either I accidentally fixed it, it's super rare, or it's a vanilla problem.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 03, 2016, 03:40:30 AM »

should of screened it =[ must be a rare bug of some sorts

oh wells, i left them in Durzahk, where they spawned... not like anything faction goes in there.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2151 on: January 03, 2016, 04:02:04 AM »

should of screened it =[ must be a rare bug of some sorts

oh wells, i left them in Durzahk, where they spawned... not like anything faction goes in there.

Wait, what? It's not despawning? If you killed the Olympus-X, the fleet should have disappeared at some point.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 03, 2016, 10:31:44 AM »

Zenith technically has the same OP-bonus as the Eagle, but you're right in that it's lower than the Aurora.  I'll raise its OP by 10 so its OP bonus equals the Aurora's.

Awesome, that should go a long way.

The large slots make the Zenith better than the Aurora at sustainably killing other cruisers, smaller capitals, and particularly tough destroyers, the Aurora is better at killing lighter destroyers, frigates, and fighters.

I don't find this to be the case right now.

Since the only sustained-fire hard flux large energy weapon is the PRAZMA CANON and you can't reliably fire that on anything except a Paragon (and even then only the one without 10/10) large energy slots on cruisers are not very valuable - mediums are much stronger. Autopulses are only good for flux-pressure against cruisers and caps, they don't really work as main weapons.

Together with HEF pushing flux efficiency on the Aurora, 2 blasters on one ends up with higher effective dps and better damage/flux compared to a 2 blaster/2 autopulse zenith, and the zenith has worse flux and takes more damage from being so wide.

I think maybe the Zenith would be more interesting if it had even worse flux dissipation, but deeper flux capacity, pushing the 'get in there and blast its face' aspect further.

Well, I'm not using it much right now since I got a Stheno from R.A.V.E.N. :D

I don't use Heavy Blasters. They're just too hard on the flux; more likely to overload me than the enemy, honestly. But Autopulse lasers, well, even after you run out of stored charges it's still better than a Pulse Laser. Same DPS, longer range, higher per-shot damage, and uses less flux per second. So that's 2 Pulse Lasers and 2 Better-Than-Pulse-Lasers vs 2 Pulse Lasers that do 50% extra damage only some of the time. And since you're not always going to be within range to fire, you'll be getting bursts of 400% extra damage out of those two Better-Than-Pulse-Lasers, which more than makes up for any boost the HEF might have given the Aurora. The Aurora can, of course, make up for this in the short term with missiles, but missiles aren't sustainable in the long term.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:12:14 PM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 03, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »

That bug he mentioned is a really annoying bug that involves fighters/carriers. The enemy ends up never surrendering post battle because they see all of the 0cr fighters in its fleet and think they can still fight. it ends up with you never getting the option to harry/let them go. they continuously move in to engage until eventually they just don't deploy anything. It will go on forever unless you "attempt to disengage" where it says they are in no position to chase and you are let go freely. You also don't get credit for the kill.

If i remember correctly, Alex has already fixed it for the next release. but for now it is a pain in the ASP.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 03, 2016, 01:30:36 PM »

oh ic,

i hope this gets fixed up. Missing out on 780k credits is huge and not to mention how annoying a zombie fleet regaining CR after you disable all ships just to re engage you.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 04, 2016, 04:47:02 AM »

registered just to write here - guys, you are AWESOME! this IBB system thing adds a whole new level of challenge into the game, fnd the rewards are really mean smth? not just some money.
i have a suggestion btw - there is an awesome sprite of an old Elysium in SRA mod directory - looks like that
Spoiler
[close]
mb it will do good as a boss ship? i'm sure there should be some data on turret layout and old pandora array in the mod left, or at least old version of the mod  (0.4.3 or earlier) somewhere on the internet...
p.s. found ya! here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/gviiu87xk2z4abd/shadow_ships0.4.2.zip
sorry meesa speeks engleesh not good
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:56:20 AM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Onyvox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 04, 2016, 07:45:40 AM »

Reporting error.

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_FamousBountyEvent.initBountyAmount(SSP_FamousBountyEvent.java:462)
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_FamousBountyEvent.startEvent(SSP_FamousBountyEvent.java:322)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_EventProbabilityManager.startFamousBountiesIfN eeded(SSP_EventProbabilityManager.java:88)
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_EventProbabilityManager.advance(SSP_EventProbabilityManager.java:63)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
290363 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Stellar_Rust.ogg]
290363 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [Stellar_Rust.ogg]

Started happening after I got Exemplar.
Mods:
  • Black Driveyards 0.8.0
  • Citadel Conglomerate  0.8.3 Dev 2
  • Common Radar 2.1
  • Console Commands 2.6b
  • Interstellar Imperium 1.9.1
  • Lazylib 2.1
  • Save transfer 1.6.0
  • Simulator Overhaul 1.2
  • THI 1.0.5
  • ZZ MusicLib 3.0.0+
  • ZZ ShaderLib Beta 1.1.2

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2157 on: January 04, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »

Pretty sure that's an old version of SS+.

registered just to write here - guys, you are AWESOME! this IBB system thing adds a whole new level of challenge into the game, fnd the rewards are really mean smth? not just some money.
i have a suggestion btw - there is an awesome sprite of an old Elysium in SRA mod directory - looks like that
Spoiler
[close]
mb it will do good as a boss ship? i'm sure there should be some data on turret layout and old pandora array in the mod left, or at least old version of the mod  (0.4.3 or earlier) somewhere on the internet...
p.s. found ya! here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/gviiu87xk2z4abd/shadow_ships0.4.2.zip
sorry meesa speeks engleesh not good
I'm glad that you like it!

That said, it's up to individual faction authors to make their own IBB ships.  And besides, creating hull files is generally the easiest part of the process of making a ship.

Onyvox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 04, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »

Darn it, you're right.
Wrappin up.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 04, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »

That said, it's up to individual faction authors to make their own IBB ships.  And besides, creating hull files is generally the easiest part of the process of making a ship.
the ship is already made, as i said. it is/was in the mod before 0.4.3, fully functional and playable, save for come bugs. then it was replaced. i'm no modder, but i think its possible to copy corresponding files from an old mod into a new one with the creators approval.

Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 197