Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325092 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ 3.0.0
« Reply #1950 on: December 18, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »

Shame shame. Also is it just me, or boarding has become easier when it happens? Be it the ships I boarded with the 5% and the ships I tried to board after I altered it to 20%, it does not seem not for the ships to explode. Then again I am guessing that might have been an SS+ feature, since if I remember well there was a skill lowering the chance of an explosion? <- Never played 0.65 vanilla.
Yes boarding was made much easier/ less RNG dependent (No self destruct/ unusable ships) in .7. To balance this, the chances were cut down to 5% and required marines only, who had their prices increased
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »

Anybody could tell me how to buy the big battleships like the Paragon?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 18, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »

Anybody could tell me how to buy the big battleships like the Paragon?

They appear in Tri-Tachyon markets rarely. Really, really, really rarely
Ignorance is bliss..

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 18, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »

Also anybody could tell me what limits my deployable force amount? I mean the projected supply cost. Sometimes I can deploy 120 worth of units but sometimes just 90. What is this? Any way to increase this?
So if I grind myself up to like 80+/100 rep I still have to like get insanely lucky to buy a Paragon? This means just speeding up the game till the market "spawns" it?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 18, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

I think the limitation of deployment comes depending how many points the other side chooses to use. The default limit is 400 and many times I get 240 and other times as little as 120 if not less. I just guess the other side used a lot. I think this happens to make sure that if you fight a really large fleet, you wont fight the same amount of points for enemies, but they will be more than you. Of course I am just guessing it works like that.
Ignorance is bliss..

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 18, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »

I seem to recall a slider in the options that will let you turn that base up/down, though the only reason I'd see to adjust it were if your computer couldn't handle so many ships at once or if you wanted to make management harder and AI derps more likely. I've never touched it, personally.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 19, 2015, 06:27:10 AM »

Also anybody could tell me what limits my deployable force amount? I mean the projected supply cost. Sometimes I can deploy 120 worth of units but sometimes just 90. What is this? Any way to increase this?
So if I grind myself up to like 80+/100 rep I still have to like get insanely lucky to buy a Paragon? This means just speeding up the game till the market "spawns" it?
It's limited by the fleet point ratio between your forces and your opponent's. The bigger your fleet is, the bigger share your deployment can be.

Mudanzas Valencia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • mudanzas valencia
« Reply #1957 on: December 19, 2015, 07:24:10 AM »

Mod have you considered eliminating the antagonistic hit for taking a faction commission? The reason I ask is, if you have all factions enabled, most factions have at least five enemies, some of which are VERY powerful. In effect, taking a commission is extremely dangerous, especially early on, particularly in regards to making the templars antag you, since they are enemies with everyone I think, so de facto taking a comission with anyone is declaring war on templars (BAD)

What I would prefer is, no antag from taking a comission, but obviously it blocks you from taking other comissions, and gives you an antag hit if you give up your comission with the giver. Moroever, the comission scales with loyalty in addition with ship size, so that it pays little for killing frigates at low loyalty, but high for killing capital ships at high loyalty. The comission system becomes, in effect, an incentive to take on powerful faction enemies and also rewards long term loyalty to a faction, but does not bring down the wrath AUTOMATICALLY of every enemy.

If that balance is too far skewed, maybe make it so commissions prevent you from using enemy bases, even while stealthed
si desea un presupuesto para su hogar o negocio
http://www.mudanzasvalemcia.com
Sus muebles, así como nuestra reputación en Valencia, tu empresa de mudanzas economicas.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 19, 2015, 07:57:41 AM »

Spoiler
Mod have you considered eliminating the antagonistic hit for taking a faction commission? The reason I ask is, if you have all factions enabled, most factions have at least five enemies, some of which are VERY powerful. In effect, taking a commission is extremely dangerous, especially early on, particularly in regards to making the templars antag you, since they are enemies with everyone I think, so de facto taking a comission with anyone is declaring war on templars (BAD)

What I would prefer is, no antag from taking a comission, but obviously it blocks you from taking other comissions, and gives you an antag hit if you give up your comission with the giver. Moroever, the comission scales with loyalty in addition with ship size, so that it pays little for killing frigates at low loyalty, but high for killing capital ships at high loyalty. The comission system becomes, in effect, an incentive to take on powerful faction enemies and also rewards long term loyalty to a faction, but does not bring down the wrath AUTOMATICALLY of every enemy.

If that balance is too far skewed, maybe make it so commissions prevent you from using enemy bases, even while stealthed
[close]

Considering the only faction that should be feared like that is the Templar (at least from the SS+ ones), I think it would be "kind" of ok to find a reason for the Templar to not hate you because you got a commission, but not change the whole game's mechanic. It is logical and immersive to be hated if you a a commission with a faction that is at war with another and feels right for the faction that you took the commission from to ask you to fight their enemies. Maybe making Templar not caring for commission, since in their eyes you are still a freelancer, could be ok.

I am guessing through you would keep getting a hit every month for not making the Templar hate you.
Ignorance is bliss..

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 19, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »

I have 95/100 rep at Try Tachyon.... So what else must I do to buy a Paragon battleship? The biggest ship I have seen was a a Battlecruiser. Its hardpoints suck badly tho so I chose in the end to skip it and wait for a Paragon.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 19, 2015, 09:14:07 AM »

So what else must I do to buy a Paragon battleship?

Wait. See my signature. Welcome to Starsector.

Ships available at market are pseudo-randomly generated based on the size, prosperity, and alignment of the market. If you're at a market that can have a Paragon for sale and it doesn't, you can buy all the large ships available and hope it nudges it to spawn in the next market refresh, or just wait.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:15:47 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: December 19, 2015, 09:18:10 AM »

When I said really really rarely, I king of meant really really REALLY RARELY!

If you keep looking the dices that the game throws about it appearing, will eventually land on double six and you will be able to buy it. Just do not be shocked if when it will appear, you will find two of them. Luck can always be so weird.. I never managed to find a single darn Conquest in my vanilla game.. but I did find twice the Paragon which I did not want.. I felt Lady Luck was laughing her ass off..
Ignorance is bliss..

ChrisH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 19, 2015, 09:33:01 AM »

I have 95/100 rep at Try Tachyon.... So what else must I do to buy a Paragon battleship? The biggest ship I have seen was a a Battlecruiser. Its hardpoints suck badly tho so I chose in the end to skip it and wait for a Paragon.

Save before entering the star system after not having visited the port for 30 days.
Visit market
IF = Your ship is not there > Then > Load save -> IF = Your ship is there = Success

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 19, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »

When I said really really rarely, I king of meant really really REALLY RARELY!

If you keep looking the dices that the game throws about it appearing, will eventually land on double six and you will be able to buy it. Just do not be shocked if when it will appear, you will find two of them. Luck can always be so weird.. I never managed to find a single darn Conquest in my vanilla game.. but I did find twice the Paragon which I did not want.. I felt Lady Luck was laughing her ass off..
Does it matter if Im not Comissioned to Tri Tachyon? I mean I see the ship stock changes each time I re-enter the system using this method:
Save before entering the star system after not having visited the port for 30 days.
Visit market
IF = Your ship is not there > Then > Load save -> IF = Your ship is there = Success
I have seen another Battlecruiser but Im getting very very tired of this. This is nonsense.... Im 100/100 with Tri Tachyon they should most certainly sell me a Paragon and not waste hours of saving/loading the game.
PS: Im also doing this at the Ogma buy point since it seems it is one size bigger market than the other in the Magec system.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:13:49 PM by KopiG »

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: December 19, 2015, 01:14:29 PM »

Your Commission to TriTachyon means about as much as Letters of Marque did to governments in the age of sail. Sure, they'll pay you to take out their foes, but they won't specially build you a ship to do it with. Those go to their navies. If you happened to find a ship second hand on the market, though, then you're welcome to buy it.

It's not that "they aren't selling [you] the ship," it's that "there aren't any available for sale."
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 197