Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325047 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 3.0.0
« Reply #1830 on: December 10, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »

That mission actually has its own post processing.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 10, 2015, 06:33:46 PM »

Oh.  :P I guess I should have tested that first.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 10, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »

Do the ships still have inherent range bonus or were they removed? Also, does Logistical Oversight still reduce the supply usage or does it only speed up CR recovery?

Yes to range, no to supply usage.  If it actually reduced supply per deployment, you could deploy more ships than you are normally supposed to be able to.  I'll consider doing it for monthly supply costs though.  Note that the Minimized Logistics hullmod DOES reduce supplies per deployment, making it easier to deploy.

Hmm.. can we get a summary on whether each of the following skill/aptitude actually affect total supply cost upon deployment, during maintenance and during repairs?
  • Player/Officer Combat Aptitude - "Reduces deployment CR cost by X%"
  • Leadership Aptitude - "-X% supply use for maintenance"
  • Fleet Logistics - "-X% supply use for maintenance"
  • Logistical Oversight - "+X% CR recovery rate"
  • Field Repairs - "X% faster ship repairs"

The maintenance ones are pretty clear, but not the others.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1833 on: December 10, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

Hmm.. can we get a summary on whether each of the following skill/aptitude actually affect total supply cost upon deployment, during maintenance and during repairs?
  • Player/Officer Combat Aptitude - "Reduces deployment CR cost by X%"
  • Leadership Aptitude - "-X% supply use for maintenance"
  • Fleet Logistics - "-X% supply use for maintenance"
  • Logistical Oversight - "+X% CR recovery rate"
  • Field Repairs - "X% faster ship repairs"
In vanilla/3.0.0:
Increases daily supply cost and increases from-0-CR supply cost
Reduces monthly supply cost
Reduces monthly supply cost
Increases daily supply cost (no effect on total deployment/recovery costs)
Sometimes reduces repair supply costs

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ 3.0.0
« Reply #1834 on: December 11, 2015, 01:31:24 AM »

Just to be clear, it's intended for me to have just found the Stheno mod-destroyer in prism freeport's high end seller market right?

also yes I had completed that IBB bounty.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 11, 2015, 01:41:12 AM »

i've seen several of those for sale there, including 2 of the four cerberus and both of the lashers from the first two bounties.

i haven't done any more, i expect it's intentional if a little weird, i burned those things to a crisp.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1836 on: December 11, 2015, 01:51:48 AM »

Just to be clear, it's intended for me to have just found the Stheno mod-destroyer in prism freeport's high end seller market right?

also yes I had completed that IBB bounty.
I didn't make the Prism Freeport, but yes, I believe that was the intention of those who made it.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 11, 2015, 01:58:21 AM »

It's a Nexerelin feature. Boss ship availability is linked to the IBB sidequest progress. Basically, destroy a boss ship and it'll appear in the Prism Freeport high-end market, and after buying, they're permanently gone.

If you're lucky, you can also board the boss ships, to get more than one of them.

try666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 11, 2015, 05:14:39 AM »

can we increase the boarding chance?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:19:29 AM by try666 »

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 11, 2015, 07:45:44 AM »

Starsector+ still has the crew salary?

I ask this because I am thinking of putting crew salary on my mod (that does not affect fleets at all...) thus I wanted to make the salary in line with SS+

Many businesses in SS use permanent crew + some crew turnover.

For example by default if I remember correctly, a mine use 500 crew, with 99% staying (thus they have to constantly re-hire 5 people)

But this results in the mining crew costs being only 50 (5 crew * 10)

This is screwing up some of my calculations on my mod, so I thought of making the mines for example pay to their crew the same salary the crew get on SS+ if they are on player fleet (thus the costs of a mining crew would be 500*salary+5 new crew hiring price).

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1840 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:38 AM »

Crew salaries are being changed and are also optional in 3.0.1.  They also represent combat crew, not miners.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 11, 2015, 11:19:32 AM »

I have been ignoring Boss Bounties for a while (over one cycle) and now that I'm finally in a condition to do them it has disappeared.

What gives? Can I force it to respawn through a command?

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 11, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »

They also represent combat crew, not miners.

I know.

Still, I wanted to make the values similar, because it comes from the same source

When you buy crew in a station, you deplete the "crew" stock, based on the crew you bought, the "green" crew is valued 0.5, the "veteran" 2, and the "elite" 4 (and "regular" 1, of course).

So on Vanilla each mining business (and each mining station can have several) need 500 crew, also a mining station make 5 crew stock get depleted every month (example: killed, left the station, got disabled, whatever...)

So, suppose a pure mining station has 10 mines, it will need 5000 crew, plus 50 will be missing every update (default is a month).

Now suppose in a month of bad luck, the station can't import any crew... also suppose you left lots of "elite" crew there previously for whatever reason, then you come back, and buy 200 elite crew.

The effective crew population in the station (ie: taking account veterancy) will become 5000 - 50 - 200*4 thus 4150

The 10 mines, that needed 500 crew each, now has 4150 available to them, and thus will produce only 83% of the ore they could mine.

Thus, there IS a connection, a very real one, between combat crew and mining crew, if you dump crew on a planet, it can hit max production (on vanilla) or even increase production (on my mod), if you take too much crew from a planet, you reduce its goods output (vanilla).

But I just asked a number, aiming to make my mod work better with SS+, if you don't want that, no problem.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1843 on: December 11, 2015, 12:27:30 PM »

Frankly, you should use whatever number works best for your mod.  SS+ is supposed to change for other mods, anyway, not the other way around.

I have been ignoring Boss Bounties for a while (over one cycle) and now that I'm finally in a condition to do them it has disappeared.

What gives? Can I force it to respawn through a command?
It's still there.  Just look for it.  The event icon/message will be gone but the fleet never respawns.  I should probably leave a six-month time limit for IBBs so this doesn't happen.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 11, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »

Crew salaries are being changed and are also optional in 3.0.1. 
Oh good. This is one of those things that looks great when you first see it, but the more you play the more it just bugs the hell out of you.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 197