Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325563 times)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.10.0
« Reply #1620 on: October 27, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »

Really wish there was a way to get the boss ships besides capturing them, or they had a 100% chance to be available to capture or something, idk. Its basically impossible to capture the all ones where more than one boss ship is involved, and getting the rest isn't exactly a cakewalk either. I know nexerelin has them for sale at the freeport, but I don't prefer to use nexerelin much.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:09:45 PM by HeartofDiscord »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 27, 2015, 01:21:07 PM »

I think you can purchase the boss ships at the Prism Freeport once you've defeated them (if you have the Prism Freeport enabled) in Nexerelin.  But, obviously that's in Nexerelin and not in SS+ (I think).
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 27, 2015, 02:14:12 PM »

I think you can purchase the boss ships at the Prism Freeport once you've defeated them (if you have the Prism Freeport enabled) in Nexerelin.  But, obviously that's in Nexerelin and not in SS+ (I think).
I know, but like I said, I don't use Nexerelin much.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 27, 2015, 02:23:11 PM »

So I checked SS+ files and found no custom SkillData.java there, so this is a wrong theory.
No you're absolutely correct. However, the SkillData.java file for SS+ is stored in the SSP.jar file in the jar folder.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 27, 2015, 02:50:26 PM »

So I checked SS+ files and found no custom SkillData.java there, so this is a wrong theory.
No you're absolutely correct. However, the SkillData.java file for SS+ is stored in the SSP.jar file in the jar folder.
Blaze, thank you a lot for your prompt reply!

It is surely a step in right direction, but even though I was able to locate SkillData.java within SSP.jar, modify it and package jar back (making sure afterwards that changes I made were still there), in SS+ game I still get vanilla bonuses. Any idea on what could went wrong?

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 27, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »

SS can't read the java file that's stored inside the jar; it uses the equivalent .CLASS file.

So you'll either have to:
1. Compile the java file into a class file.
2. Delete the class file, and move the java file to the equivalent location within the standard file system.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 28, 2015, 10:50:24 AM »

SS can't read the java file that's stored inside the jar; it uses the equivalent .CLASS file.

So you'll either have to:
1. Compile the java file into a class file.
2. Delete the class file, and move the java file to the equivalent location within the standard file system.
Blaze, thank you for your patience :)

Here's what I've got:
Spoiler
I figured that learning java is a bit overkill to freaking change 3 numbers in text file, so I went along second option you provided. I created folder "Starsector Plus\data\characters\skills\scripts", copied thereto SkillData.java from SSP.jar and then erased both SkillData.java & SkillData.class from SSP.jar. Didn't worked :( Then I pondered a bit more on what you meant under "equivalent location", erased "Starsector Plus\data\characters\skills\scripts" folder, and put SS+'s SkillData.java into "starsector-core\data\characters\skills\scripts", overwriting vanilla file. Didn't worked as well :(
I'm trying to describe my actions in as much detail as I can in hopes you might see what I did wrong. Any ideas?
[close]

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 28, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »

I created folder "Starsector Plus\data\characters\skills\scripts", copied thereto SkillData.java from SSP.jar and then erased both SkillData.java & SkillData.class from SSP.jar.
That should have worked. Did you make sure the changes you made were there? Packaging/Unpackaging can do odd things.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 28, 2015, 12:16:25 PM »

That should have worked. Did you make sure the changes you made were there? Packaging/Unpackaging can do odd things.
Yes, I have double-checked :(

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1629 on: October 28, 2015, 07:33:00 PM »

Constants from SkillData.java are compiled into each of the individual skills, so you can't replace them without re-compiling those skills (or removing them from the Jar and having Janino automatically compile them at runtime).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:37:22 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 29, 2015, 02:00:59 PM »

Constants from SkillData.jar are compiled into each of the individual skills, so you can't replace them without re-compiling those skills (or removing them from the Jar and having Janino automatically compile them at runtime).
Thanks a lot Dark.Revenant! Due to your clarification I was finally able to modify SS+ game and now could play it exactly in the way I enjoy most!

In case anyone as clueless as I was will be interested, here's what I did:
Spoiler
to modify a skill effects I (using ComputerSystemsEffect1 as an example)
- found ComputerSystemsEffect1.class file in SSP.jar in data\characters\skills\scripts\ folder (.jar opens like an archive by 7zip);
- decompiled this .class file in to readable form by using online decompiler (javadecompilers.com in my case);
- saved this decompiled contents as a plain text file, naming it ComputerSystemsEffect1.java;
- created \scripts folder in Starsector Plus\data\characters\skills folder;
- placed newly created ComputerSystemsEffect1.java therein;
- erased ComputerSystemsEffect1.java and ComputerSystemsEffect1.class files from SSP.jar, like you would do with a usual .rar or .zip;
- modified .java file to my heart's content, and happily played with modified numbers actually appearing in SS+!
P.S. works for aptitudes too :)
[close]

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 30, 2015, 02:24:47 PM »

I got an assassination bounty against Templars and when I got there the target fleet was composed entirely of a single Tempest (with the name of the assassination target). It dropped Templar flux cores after being killed. Doesn't seem right.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 30, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »

I got an assassination bounty against Templars and when I got there the target fleet was composed entirely of a single Tempest (with the name of the assassination target). It dropped Templar flux cores after being killed. Doesn't seem right.
Sounds like a fleet spawn bug as the game (or SS+) defaults to a single Tempest if it encounters problems IIRC
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 31, 2015, 04:55:06 PM »

Did bounty hunter fleets get tweaked up again in the new release?
I'm finding them much harder than previously, to the point that some of them are essentially impossible to beat or escape.

Any chance bounty hunter fleets can be ramped up a bit slower in the next release?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1634 on: October 31, 2015, 05:12:08 PM »

The next release does not have bounty hunter fleets at all, so I think your fears will be put to rest.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 197