Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325235 times)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.10.0
« Reply #1605 on: October 15, 2015, 12:32:27 AM »

The boss conquest is really, really cool, but I'm going to say the Fracture because the Sunder is a longstanding favorite of mine

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 15, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »

I haven't played with all of the boss ships yet, but the Hades make for very nice AI ships.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 17, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »

So after an engagement with a boss bounty fleet, I am facing a lone fighter wing that ran out of fighters. As boss bounty fleets will always try to reengage if they have ships alive, I am forced into an engagement in which the enemy could deploy nothing, and I am stuck in the situation in the pic again. Disengaging and forfeiting loot and boarding seems to be the only way out.

Spoiler
[close]

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1608 on: October 17, 2015, 09:54:19 PM »

So after an engagement with a boss bounty fleet, I am facing a lone fighter wing that ran out of fighters. As boss bounty fleets will always try to reengage if they have ships alive, I am forced into an engagement in which the enemy could deploy nothing, and I am stuck in the situation in the pic again. Disengaging and forfeiting loot and boarding seems to be the only way out.

Spoiler
[close]

That's a bug, which I've fixed in my dev version.  They're supposed to stop facemashing you when the leader dies.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1609 on: October 18, 2015, 03:11:55 AM »

FYI: Doing an overhaul of market sales availability.

Spoiler
Jangala is looking a lot neater.

[close]

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 18, 2015, 11:10:17 AM »

Spoiler

[close]
I'm looking at this and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing.  What's changing?

If the change is there are fewer things for sale, how will this affect the Rare Ships/Expensive Ships settings?  I play with those on and don't quite remember what the market looks like without those. =P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:12:30 AM by Adraius »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1611 on: October 18, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »

It won't affect rare ships much, but it does affect non-rare a lot.

Basically, the ship count in the market is down to vanilla levels.  However, I've upped the variety so it matches SS+ fleet composition.

Similarly, for weapons, I brought the # of weapons in each market to vanilla levels, but made it match SS+ weapon ratios, to keep up variety.  Also, I made it more likely to spawn a smaller number of larger stacks, making it easier to outfit ships properly without having a Frankenstein's mash of parts.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 21, 2015, 04:48:37 AM »

I was wondering about that skill giving you -X% CR Deterioration Rate. As I understand it, CR deteriorates once a ship has run out of peak performance time, right? So it only comes into play then?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1613 on: October 21, 2015, 08:43:13 AM »

I was wondering about that skill giving you -X% CR Deterioration Rate. As I understand it, CR deteriorates once a ship has run out of peak performance time, right? So it only comes into play then?
Correct.

Solinarius

• Lieutenant
  • Wind. Fire. All that kind of thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 22, 2015, 07:09:44 PM »

Spoiler

[close]

Tackling balanced market and fleet spawn weights--with as much material as you work with--looks incredibly time consuming and terrifying. Out of curiosity, are you accomplishing this with the Market plugins?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1615 on: October 22, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »

Spreadsheets, data management modules, custom market plugins, etc.  I wouldn't attempt to do all that stuff by hand.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 24, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the 250k boss bounty (the one with a Cortex-class and 4x Pinscher-class) came with only one fighter wing, which doesn't seem right considering its main feature is a special carrier with a lot of flight decks.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 25, 2015, 02:51:03 AM »

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the 250k boss bounty (the one with a Cortex-class and 4x Pinscher-class) came with only one fighter wing, which doesn't seem right considering its main feature is a special carrier with a lot of flight decks.

Have you updated to the latest version of SS+ (and Nexerelin)? In the old version boss bounty fleets are not neutral to some of the other factions so they can be killed or damaged.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 25, 2015, 04:39:46 AM »

I don't use Nexerelin and I'm on the newest SS+

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 27, 2015, 12:25:13 PM »

Ok, time to ask a serious question: something in SS+ overrides vanilla settings, and I would be grateful for the hint what is doing it and how could I avoid it.

Namely, in my pursuit of giving my ships a better increase in ordnance points I tracked the math behind ordnance points percentage increase down to SkillData.java file. I have modified therein TECHNOLOGY_APTITUDE_OP_BONUS_PERCENTAGE, COMPUTER_SYSTEMS_SHIP_OP_BONUS_PERCENTAGE and MECHANICAL_ENGINEERING_SHIP_OP_BONUS_PERCENTAGE lines to better suit my liking, and tested in vanilla - all fine, working as promised! However, when I run vanilla with SS+ activated (no other mods, just SS+, lazylib & shaderlib), this stops working, reverting my OP percentage bonus for levelling up respective skills to vanilla unmodified numbers.

Far as my general knowledge of modding tells me, mods usually work in this way by overriding vanilla files. So I checked SS+ files and found no custom SkillData.java there, so this is a wrong theory. Next thought I checked if OP bonus awards is rerouted by SS+ from standard path of (for example for computer_systems skill) looking at computer_systems.skill, where used data from ComputerSystemsEffect1.java, where in turn used data from SkillData.java. However, SS+ version of computer_systems.skill, even if differs a bit from vanilla one, still refers to the same ComputerSystemsEffect1.java which is absent in SS+ files and therefore must be used from SS core files. This theory failed as well. At this point, having all my theories on what in SS+ could have override vanilla SkillData.java settings failed, I'm asking for an advise, in what direction I should dig further.

Thanks in advance :)
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 197