Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325159 times)

Wild Card

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.8.1
« Reply #1485 on: June 20, 2015, 04:29:51 AM »

Thanx ill give it a shot. Who knows maybe ill be able to squeeze 1or 2 more mods

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 23, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »

Thanx ill give it a shot. Who knows maybe ill be able to squeeze 1or 2 more mods
I found out that JUST using 64 bit java and keeping the the same settings allows me to run a few mods. Currently running BRDY, Templars, Nexe, SS+, Exigency, Common Radar, Console Commands and Save Transfer.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Protoman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: June 30, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that the Junk Pirates seem to have little to no effect on the system as a whole? All I have is this mod, and the Junk Pirates mod activated. It's mostly just pirates, the Luddic church, the hegemony, and the tri-somethings (Light blue colored faction). I hate it because if I go to any star system I see huge Armadas spawn out of no where for the pirates and other factions. When I go to the junk pirates... they always have 1 or 2 fleets that have a couple ships and they barely trade. It just doesn't feel good at all, I want to see more of them. Their ships are potent... So I don't see why there are so few. I've tried making multiple characters to see if it had any effect and it doesn't. Any way to fix this? Also was wondering if anyone had suggestions of a non-op factions that are vanilla like that I could add to the mix (:

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 30, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »

Also was wondering if anyone had suggestions of a non-op factions that are vanilla like that I could add to the mix (:
Pretty much all the factions integrated with SS+ are balanced versus vanilla. Now the closest from perfection of the lot is probably Shadowyard.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1489 on: June 30, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »

Junk Pirates fleet generation is largely dictated by their own economies, so it's not SS+'s fault.

Fleet sizes overall, especially vanilla, will be trimmed down in the next update.

Protoman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 30, 2015, 04:34:18 PM »

Junk Pirates fleet generation is largely dictated by their own economies, so it's not SS+'s fault.

Fleet sizes overall, especially vanilla, will be trimmed down in the next update.

Ah okay. I did not know that, maybe I should read more into the mod I am using haha. Thanks. I love the mod by the way, it's excellent (:

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 02, 2015, 01:33:22 AM »

Hi guys. I'm back.

I missed a lot of things, didn't I? Yes. ;D

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

LuciferNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 14, 2015, 05:35:53 AM »

Hey there, loving the mod.

After a first play-through, Ive attempted to make some changes to the SkillData file to change up the difficulty and customise it to what Id like to play.

Ive recompiled the SkillData.java file to get the .class file - and replaced it in the SSP.jar - however nothing is changing.
Am I missing some step?

Regards
Lucy

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 14, 2015, 05:54:45 AM »

So yeah just in case this hasn't been mentioned yet: it would seem that -because- the mayorate messes with hegemony files, you cannot run mayorate and SCY at the same time.
SCY spawning code throws you a fatal error on making a new campaign thanks to this.
So I guess until the mayorate stops being "slightly out of date" recommend people use only one or the other.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1494 on: July 14, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »

Hey there, loving the mod.

After a first play-through, Ive attempted to make some changes to the SkillData file to change up the difficulty and customise it to what Id like to play.

Ive recompiled the SkillData.java file to get the .class file - and replaced it in the SSP.jar - however nothing is changing.
Am I missing some step?

Regards
Lucy

I'd first try to make sure that the class file you made is actually different from the one normally in SSP.jar.  Different file size would be enough of an indication.

So yeah just in case this hasn't been mentioned yet: it would seem that -because- the mayorate messes with hegemony files, you cannot run mayorate and SCY at the same time.
SCY spawning code throws you a fatal error on making a new campaign thanks to this.
So I guess until the mayorate stops being "slightly out of date" recommend people use only one or the other.

I don't know why Tartiflette thinks this is the case, but the current release of Mayorate (0.8.1) does not edit the Hegemony.  HOWEVER, there IS an incompatibility between Scy and the Mayorate, namely the BaseSpawnPoint source file.  Both Mayorate and Scy are guilty of packaging BaseSpawnPoint inside the .jar file (this is bad, because it's a common file that is already part of vanilla; don't overwrite it!).  However, the true blame is actually with SCY, which inexplicably relies on an EDITED BaseSpawnPoint!  Since Mayorate's version of this overwritten vanilla file is, well, the vanilla version, Scy's edited version is not used.  This causes a crash in any function that relies on that edited behavior.  Long story short, both mods should clean that up but Scy is what's truly at fault.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:11:50 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 14, 2015, 08:27:02 AM »

Ah well that was what I thought was up at first but I am not that good at coding. I suppose the fact that they're both doing it creating the issue?
It seems we've sort of figured it out, Tartiflette says he's working on a workaround if I read his message correctly.

Hopefully we should see a fix soon that at least allows them both to run together.
Seems there's a couple of lines/strings that are unused leftovers that should no longer be there.

Thank you for clearing that up though.

Edit: I'd try to fix it myself but as you can tell I have problems troubleshooting in the first place since neither mods are code I've worked on myself. xP
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:32:34 AM by Dratai »

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:12 PM »

Update: SCY's incompatibility with the mayorate seems to have been fixed.
I'm no longer getting fatal errors on making fresh campaign.

LuciferNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 14, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »

I'd first try to make sure that the class file you made is actually different from the one normally in SSP.jar.  Different file size would be enough of an indication.
It is indeed a different file, but it seems to be defaulting back somehow (in game, not the file hahaha)

I am judging the 'lack of a change' at the first character gen screen (before in-map game) and the hover-overs.
Ive read through the whole thread and saw a small mention of some screens pop-up showing incorrect values - is it that?

Also note, I am extracting only the SkillData.java, modifying, then compiling, then adding it back to the .jar file (via WinRar).
Do I need to recompile the entirety of this jar?  I wasnt sure I needed to.  I have experience as a coder, but always shyied away from java so I have no experience in things like this.

LuciferNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 14, 2015, 04:22:38 PM »

I am judging the 'lack of a change' at the first character gen screen (before in-map game) and the hover-overs.
Ive read through the whole thread and saw a small mention of some screens pop-up showing incorrect values - is it that?
Tested after chargen as well, seems no change there either.

If I remove the modified .class file from the archive, it will not load starsector (as predicted) - but confirms that it must still be loading that file.

Are the variables from SkillData modified from elsewhere? (I have no other mods that are doing so btw)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1499 on: July 14, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »

You have to recompile the Jar.  Those are static final definitions which get compiled as constants in the other skill source files.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 197