Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1328357 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.2
« Reply #1320 on: March 27, 2015, 07:11:10 PM »

Does the 'Expanded Flight Decks' percentage bonus also apply to wings being rebuilt, or is it just for re-arming?

It applies to both.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 28, 2015, 08:01:34 PM »

Pretty cool mod. In effect it doubles flight decks (or very nearly anyway, depending on how it adds up with skills), but it's still a mixed blessing thanks to OP cost.

Possible bug: I noticed it can't be installed on Shadowyards' Charybdis carrier.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1322 on: March 28, 2015, 08:27:42 PM »

Only dedicated carriers (ships with the Carrier tag) count for that hullmod.  I should update that to be available for all ships with flight decks, I suppose.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 28, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »

Remember my complaints about extra UI elements such as the leading pip and the Priwen Burst indicator not working? I noticed something that might be useful in tracking it down: it works in missions, but not in campaign. Additionally, after loading a campaign game, it will stop working in missions too until the game is restarted. Obviously I can only test the Priwen Burst in missions, not the pip, but so far I've always seen them behave identically.

Also, I've had an opportunity to play Starsector on a PC with Windows and a dedicated graphics card with 1 GB memory and it does the same thing, to put to rest worries about Linux or insufficient video memory being the culprit.

edit: I updated all my mods to make sure it hasn't been fixed recently, and the Templar burst now works as designed in campaign and in missions, but the pip still doesn't. Confusion abounds.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:40:06 PM by orost »

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 29, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »

Please make a note of the current incompatibility between Nexerelin and Exigency in the first post.  Attempting to run them both WILL crash the game.  I think people are going through the original post here and downloading everything you recommend without really looking too closely at each mod.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 29, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »

The incompatibility with Nexerelin is already mentioned in the Nexerelin thread, as it should. There is no reason for having it in the SS+ thread since it doesn't concern this mod.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 29, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »

The update of Exigency will be done soon™, would be sooner but some stuff keeps getting in the way of it going smoothly...

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 29, 2015, 07:12:30 PM »

The incompatibility with Nexerelin is already mentioned in the Nexerelin thread, as it should. There is no reason for having it in the SS+ thread since it doesn't concern this mod.

I know it's mentioned there, but if someone goes down the list and downloads everything here, they get a crash.  Then they have to track down the source of the crash.  It happened to me, I had to check my log file, noticed that Exigency was mentioned every time, and was able to track down the conflict from there.  Apparently I'm already smarter than the average forumer, since the Nexerelin thread has a debug help request that turns out to be the Exigency incompatibility almost every page.  I think it would help cut down on that sort of headache, and a little bit of redundancy doesn't hurt.

But I guess I'm not the one who has to help people troubleshoot, and I've already figured out the problem myself, so what's it matter to me right?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 31, 2015, 07:34:46 PM »

Hi DR, just started a game. The combat aptitude tooltip seems bugged - the "Reduces Deployment Cost by" is saying 3% with 2 aptitude points spent. I checked with both 1 and 2 points spent and the actual effect seems fine, its just the tooltip.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 31, 2015, 11:55:23 PM »

Some comments on starting options:

In the Lasher + Vigilance option, the Vigilance is almost completely useless. After the speed nerf, Pilums do nothing against small ships (which is what the player will be fighting early), and the short-ranged Heavy Burst Laser forces it to close in, which is suicidal for such a fragile ship. I'd give it a Salamander pod and a Graviton Beam instead, and replace the Salamanders on the Lasher with Annihilators.

The Enforcer start is horrifically difficult, since the Enforcer is such a weak solo ship. How about a Vanguard instead? A bit more powerful, and definitely more interesting to fly. I'd arm it with a Mk IX and a mix of assault guns and machine guns.

edit: Maybe also put in a Camel somewhere? It's a very nice ship that I feel most players probably overlook.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:57:56 AM by orost »

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 01, 2015, 01:41:02 AM »

The Enforcer start is horrifically difficult, since the Enforcer is such a weak solo ship.

Actually, the Enforcer is a powerhouse solo ship. Strap 2 flak cannons on the sides, one Needler and 2 maulers and you're a god.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 01, 2015, 01:49:31 AM »

How do you manage to avoid getting swarmed? I've tried a loadout like this, with longer-range weapons, but I just get rushed by frigates, and once they're close I have neither the shields nor the armor to survive very long. Flak Running with burn drive only gets you so far and is a bit at odds with actually shotting things.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 01, 2015, 02:50:45 AM »

I run a similar loadout with 2 Dual Flak, 2 Mauler, 1 HVD and 4 Annihilator Rockets (for large enemies and to flux-stress PD). The key here is to use your range and put pressure on the first frigate quickly. The sooner you can even the odds the better, because a typical Enforcer loadout will mostly rely on shields to tank incoming torpedoes that it can't dodge. For SS+ I've used the no-shield mod on Enfos and Dominators successfully, though I'm always a bit wary sending them into combat with no way to emergency-tank a Reaper.

Even so, know your limits. If you're not a heavy Combat build, then chances are you'll want some support if the number of frigates going after you is just too high. HVD and Mauler don't really get any weaker in close-range engagements, there you just have less accurate alternatives with a slight edge in DPS, but nothing substantial.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:52:25 AM by Schwartz »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 01, 2015, 04:41:39 AM »

...wait, you talk about Enforcers getting swarmed under by frigates and then ask for a Vanguard instead? o_O what

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 01, 2015, 04:55:14 AM »

Disregarding burn drive (which I dislike and find mostly unhelpful, although that's maybe my incompetence), the Vanguard is faster and more maneuverable, and has the burst damage to very quickly pop a frigate that gets too close. I've had more luck with it than with an Enforcer.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 197