Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325198 times)

disluya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.2
« Reply #1290 on: March 16, 2015, 11:59:09 PM »

I'll check out mods I install.
nobody report except me means SS+ works well  :) ,so I guess it's my fault.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.1
« Reply #1291 on: March 17, 2015, 12:18:42 PM »

Serenitis

if your ship spins around to much just hold the Shift key whan piloting it and the ship will always face the mouse pointer it might help with it

Yep. Tried that and it would be brilliant, but it's still too hard to control because the engines are really powerful so instead of a crazy spinning top you have a crazy spring bob.
I'd just butcher the hull params until it behaves in a sane manner, but I have no clue what I'm even looking at.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 17, 2015, 12:56:09 PM »

I'm having some trouble with this plus Nexerelin plus faction mods.  I can get some of the factions to work one at a time (BRDY anyway) but adding more or others I get the NPE below after starting a new game and just before it would save.  In the log it is prefaced with a bunch of "exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event ...". 

Code
593236 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.events.CampaignEventTarget.<init>(CampaignEventTarget.java:20)
        at data.scripts.IIModPlugin.onGameLoad(IIModPlugin.java:53)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO0OOOOOOO

I think it might be Nexerelin and possibly a case mismatch as I see at least one non-fatal warning (calls Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/SCY.json when it's scy.json actual).  Anyway not sure what the problem is but posting here as there are lots of eyes.

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 17, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »

Scy is not a supported faction in Nexerelin. It's mentioned in the mod page.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1294 on: March 17, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »

I'm having some trouble with this plus Nexerelin plus faction mods.  I can get some of the factions to work one at a time (BRDY anyway) but adding more or others I get the NPE below after starting a new game and just before it would save.  In the log it is prefaced with a bunch of "exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event ...". 

Code
593236 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.events.CampaignEventTarget.<init>(CampaignEventTarget.java:20)
        at data.scripts.IIModPlugin.onGameLoad(IIModPlugin.java:53)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO0OOOOOOO

I think it might be Nexerelin and possibly a case mismatch as I see at least one non-fatal warning (calls Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/SCY.json when it's scy.json actual).  Anyway not sure what the problem is but posting here as there are lots of eyes.

Your interstellar imperium is outdated.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 17, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »

Quote from: Dark.Revenant

Sorry, my bad... and just a little more thinking on my part and I would have self-solved.  I just didn't connect the IIModPlugin till now and I do like that faction (always play with it).  Somehow I missed an update.  Thanks for your quick response.

Somewhat apropos: Would you or do you think anyone would mind if I rolled all the mods you mention as compatible into a single archive and posted it?  One of the things I liked about UsS was that it was "all there" and you could just download one thing.  Alternately please consider doing this yourself as an alternate distribution method perhaps.  The upside is you will stop having clueless posts like mine above. 

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 17, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »

Quote from: Dark.Revenant

Sorry, my bad... and just a little more thinking on my part and I would have self-solved.  I just didn't connect the IIModPlugin till now and I do like that faction (always play with it).  Somehow I missed an update.  Thanks for your quick response.

Somewhat apropos: Would you or do you think anyone would mind if I rolled all the mods you mention as compatible into a single archive and posted it?  One of the things I liked about UsS was that it was "all there" and you could just download one thing.  Alternately please consider doing this yourself as an alternate distribution method perhaps.  The upside is you will stop having clueless posts like mine above. 
If you use Version checker, you will get notified in game if any of your installed mods are out of date
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 17, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »

There was a somewhat-hostile discussion about this a little while ago; summarily, making everyone download every part of a set that becomes one huge mod is wasteful. I'd say a majority of us don't use them all (I can only use up to 3 before my 3GB of RAM top out) and it'd require downloading a massive archive every time some little update was made to one of them instead of one small one. Using Version Checker to take note of which modules are out of date and downloading a couple things isn't that difficult.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 17, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »

Scy is not a supported faction in Nexerelin. It's mentioned in the mod page.
SCY updated and is now compatible with Nexerelin.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 18, 2015, 07:45:11 AM »

There was a somewhat-hostile discussion about this a little while ago; summarily, making everyone download every part of a set that becomes one huge mod is wasteful. I'd say a majority of us don't use them all (I can only use up to 3 before my 3GB of RAM top out) and it'd require downloading a massive archive every time some little update was made to one of them instead of one small one. Using Version Checker to take note of which modules are out of date and downloading a couple things isn't that difficult.

Sure I can let it drop.  The archives are quite large already with SS+ and music creeping up on twice the size of the actual game.  There are tools that have been around for nearly 40 years to facilitate releasing patches containing just what's changed but I don't recall ever seeing a patch here.  In my fantasy I (or someone else) would release an archive and then ~5 incremental patches before releasing another archive.

About the memory thing... hmmm.  I'm on a 32 bit non-Windows non-Apple system with 2Gb ram and pre-Nexerelin I ran everything (except The Knights Templar due to personal preferences) to level 45+ with ease.  From the log: "data.scripts.SSPModPlugin  - Memory: 1792mb allocatable, 1152mb recommended".  More than 1800mb allocated and my box can get in a swap thrash.  [joke]Maybe it's time to upgrade your OS!?[/joke]  More seriously I see a lot of posts in this thread about memory issues and I just wanted to report at least it is possible to play this mod on a 32 bit system with 2Gb ram.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 18, 2015, 07:55:05 AM »

non-Windows non-Apple system

That's probably the key. 1GB of my RAM is used at idle, mostly due to Windows 7, which also tends to not be friendly in reallocating the 700MB marked as Standby if the computer hasn't been freshly booted. Java requiring its working RAM to be allocated as a contiguous block also doesn't help, so I tend to top out at being able to run 1,300MB with low but non-zero risk of Out of Memory crash.

Honestly, now that 0.65.2a lowered the save file overhead so much, I could probably run more of the add-ons. I got used to just using BRDY and one other which tended to vary but settled on II. All of the others just don't interest me, have balance issues (Citadel was pretty nice excepting the frigates pretending to be fighters), or have art that looks really strange next to the others. My opinions, of course.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 18, 2015, 02:17:09 PM »

Managed to crash it again after a super long combat with a (piloted) SHI Morningstar and an II Praetorius (sp?) against 3 Junk Pirate destroyers and assorted frigates.  The battle went on forever (lost partner destroyer quick like though) and I was CR 0% with effectively no weapons so I just kept shield bashing the remaining destroyer.  Anyway it died this way.

Code
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.attack.AttackAIModule.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.attack.AttackAIModule.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOoOOOOOOOOOO

Just don't say I failed to update something, I will die of shame.

Edit: This looks like it could be a game bug to me but honestly I don't know anything.

Edit 2: additional mods include Nexerelin, Combat Radar, and all factions excepting The Knights Templar.

Edit 3:  I think I forgot to mention earlier how much I appreciate this mod.  It's awesome and probably worth as much as what I paid for the base game (where's the donate button?).  I also loved UsS just as much and for all the same reasons.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:21:07 PM by pyg »

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 18, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »

Comments on economy:

* There seems to be a persistent, serious fuel shortage. Prices are high across the board, and only the richest markets have their demand met. Most are at 50% or less. Babylon is the only place in the system where a decent amount of fuel can be obtained, and it's very difficult to keep a large-ish fleet going. I'd suggest boosting Sindria's fuel production, since it's supposed to be the primary fuel producer and right now it tends to have 50% demand met due to exports and less than 500 units for sale total across all markets.
* Ascalon exports a lot of stuff, enough to significantly affect the economy - most worlds have it in top imports for many commodities. It seems odd to me that they should trade with other factions. Shouldn't they be isolated from the economy, if it's technically possible?

Extra factions that I have installed: BRDY, Imperium, Templars.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1303 on: March 18, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »

Vanilla bug related to critical malfunctions.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:58 AM »

Two things I've noticed.

Burn speeds.
Large ships in SS+ are double gimped with respect to burn speed, as in order to get the very nescessary +2 speed one must install both Aug. Engines and an Overdrive unit.
This takes up 66% more OP to get the speed boost than normal.
As burn speed is so critical to making larger ships enjoyable to play I feel that splitting the burn bonus between these two mods and making them take up more room is a major step back from vanilla, which already struggles in this area.

I know this was likely done to give larger ships more of a boost compared to small ships as frigates can't fit overdrives, but all it does is make large ships either slow or weak.
A better solution would be to either consolidate all the bonii into Aug. Engines mod, keep it the same size but just restrict it from frigates. (They don't need it anyway.)
Or reduce the OP cost of both mods so they both take up the same amount of space as vanilla Aug. Engines when installed together.

Music.
The soundtrack for SS+ is beyond amazing. One tiny problem though, in that after some length of time it just.... Stops.
Sometimes it takes half an hour, sometimes longer. Other sound continues as normal, but once it has stopped attampting to adjust the volume levels in settings produces a CTD with the following appended to the log:

Spoiler
Code
at sound.O.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ooOO.void.Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ooOO.E.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.super.G.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.I.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0o0.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.G.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.do.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 197