Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325072 times)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.1
« Reply #1275 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:40 AM »

I've tried the Melta on quite a few ships. The fact it's range is minimal, and even at such range, it tends to have horrid accuracy, makes it seem useless.

my balance suggestions are as such.

Increase projectile count by 4x (rate of fire). Increase ammo count and regen rate to keep it the same
Increase range by 100-200
Increase projectile speed by 100%
Set it to Point defence.
Give it fragmentation damage.
Give it a significant (20-30 degree) accuracy penalty. Give it a sort-of flame-thrower like effect.

It would hopefully shred missiles and fighters, and also work against ships at somewhat further range than currently.
It would also be equally effective against shields as armor, but mainly on hull. Being some sort of flaming substance, it makes sense that it would do way more to internal systems than armor or shields.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1276 on: March 16, 2015, 07:55:48 AM »

I've tried the Melta on quite a few ships. The fact it's range is minimal, and even at such range, it tends to have horrid accuracy, makes it seem useless.

Increase projectile count by 4x (rate of fire). Increase ammo count and regen rate to keep it the same
Set it to Point defence.
Give it a significant (20-30 degree) accuracy penalty. Give it a sort-of flame-thrower like effect.

It would hopefully shred missiles and fighters, and also work against ships at somewhat further range than currently.
It would also be equally effective against shields as armor, but mainly on hull. Being some sort of flaming substance, it makes sense that it would do way more to internal systems than armor or shields.

Are we talking about completely different weapons?  If the Plasma Flamer had those stats it would be a vastly different weapon.  I don't know what you mean about horrible accuracy; it fires in a straight line.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 16, 2015, 08:18:43 AM »

Couple of weird design edge cases I've seen with the variant randomizer:

- Balanced Afflictor with: two Light Dual MGs, two Grapeshots, and I forget what the energy turret weapon was, but it definitely wasn't an AM Blaster or anything appropriate like that.
- Eagle with a Heavy Autocannon and two Plasma Flamers in the front hardpoints. They're in the same group, so when the ship fires the autocannon at its max range the plasma flames generally shoot out into empty space.

Not sure if worthwhile fixing, but just thought I'd let you know.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1278 on: March 16, 2015, 09:33:28 AM »

For the interests of runtime speed and simplicity, the randomizer doesn't analyze variants after they are made and doesn't therefore correct mistakes.  The chance of *** variants is an acceptable penalty for being able to spit them out so quickly.

The other issue is also complicated because of how the weapon grouper works.  I will try to rearrange the priorities but I doubt I can completely eliminate such issues.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 16, 2015, 12:04:48 PM »

This mod is top tier stuff, but the music is just fantastic.

The player hunting fleets can sometimes get a bit overwhelming, but at least they don't seem to be always faster than you anymore. :P

My only real disappointment was the arcade mode which looks super fun, but I find myself frustrated by it because that darn frigate is just too agile and spends all its time just spinning all over the place.
Would there be any chance of either having some means of adjusting the turn rate, or having a slower less crazy-agile alternate ship available?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 16, 2015, 12:21:57 PM »

Serenitis

if your ship spins around to much just hold the Shift key whan piloting it and the ship will always face the mouse pointer it might help with it

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 16, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »

Set it to Point defence.

Are we talking about completely different weapons?  If the Plasma Flamer had those stats it would be a vastly different weapon.  I don't know what you mean about horrible accuracy; it fires in a straight line.
The flamer has horrid literal accuracy unless it is at point blank range. This is because it's projectiles don't really move fast enough even at that range to hit reliably if the target strafes. It has perfect mechanical accuracy, in that it always fires in a straight line.

Those stats, admittedly, were wrong in several ways. Yes, that would make it a totally different weapon. Mainly, it would make it act like a flame thrower.

In any case, I don't see any way to use a plasma flamer practically as is.

I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1282 on: March 16, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »

The plasma flamer is getting a damage boost (of about 20%) and the projectile speed is getting bumped up slightly.  However it is meant to be an assault weapon; you don't hit fast targets with it, you pressure shields and armor and do major hull damage with it up close.  A niche weapon but it does do a lot of damage, numerically, and it's rather efficient now (2:3 flux to damage).

disluya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 16, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »

The game just crashed when I started to move my fleets after end of a battle. It happens since I updated to 2.7.
And what the starsector.log printed is :

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.SSP_FleetInjector.levelCommander(SSP_FleetInjector.java:104)
   at data.scripts.world.SSP_FleetInjector.injectFleet(SSP_FleetInjector.java:550)
   at data.scripts.world.SSP_FleetInjector.advance(SSP_FleetInjector.java:92)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.??o000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The text encoding is utf-8,the chain of "O" looks weird.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:00:26 PM by disluya »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1284 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:09 PM »

That error seems impossible, since it means the fleet had no commander.  Under which circumstances can a fleet not have a commander?

Anyway, will add a failsafe for the next update, but honestly that reeks of a deeper issue.  Might not even be related to SS+.

disluya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 16, 2015, 10:28:52 PM »

That error seems impossible, since it means the fleet had no commander.  Under which circumstances can a fleet not have a commander?

Anyway, will add a failsafe for the next update, but honestly that reeks of a deeper issue.  Might not even be related to SS+.

Well, "My movement is related to this error" seems to be my illusion.

Just now , I found that this error and "INFO  data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_PersonBountyEvent" always happen at the same time.
When new person bounties are posted,sometimes the game crashes, sometimes it does not.
What I see is that person bounties posted by factions which come from mods such as Hiigaran Descendants,valkyrians,Neutrino corp, will make my game crash.
But hegemony,tritachyon and independent post many and there is no wrong.

Thanks for help :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:43:05 PM by disluya »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1286 on: March 16, 2015, 10:51:40 PM »

Ah, I see the issue now.  Why did nobody report it until now?  This would crash for any non-integrated mod.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 16, 2015, 11:12:08 PM »

Ah, I see the issue now.  Why did nobody report it until now?  This would crash for any non-integrated mod.

Since which SS+ ver? Have my hands full now so did not play much. And everyone else may get themselves busy on Nexerelin I guess. :P
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.2
« Reply #1288 on: March 16, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »

Fixed a crash...

Download Starsector+ 2.7.2
Download Mirror
- or -
Download Starsector+ 2.7.2 (No Music)
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.0b)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.06)
(Supports Nexerelin 0.3.2)

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer 1.4 to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker 1.4b to notify you when an update is ready.

This mod is not guaranteed to work without 2GB+ memory allocation!

Faction Downloads
Download Interstellar Imperium 1.8
Download The Knights Templar 0.9.4b
Download Blackrock Drive Yards 0.7.3
Download Exigency Incorporated 0.7
Download Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.5.2.3
Download The Mayorate 0.8.1 (slightly out-of-date)
Download Citadel 0.7.6a (slightly out-of-date)
Download Junk Pirates / P.A.C.K. / ASP Syndicate 2.3.6

Recommended Mods
Common Radar 1.1f
Console Commands 2.4b
Version Checker 1.4b
Simulator Overhaul 1.0c
Save Transfer 1.4

Optional Mods
Nexerelin 0.3.2 (Updated!)

Version 2.7.2
  • Plasma Flamer buffed slightly in various different ways
  • Fixed bounty crash
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:12:44 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.2
« Reply #1289 on: March 16, 2015, 11:46:19 PM »

Wow, this is a real "hot" fix...
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 197