Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1330920 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.6.1
« Reply #1080 on: February 19, 2015, 01:36:44 AM »

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 19, 2015, 01:51:53 AM »

Is that an improved starmap with random system positions?  :o

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 19, 2015, 05:21:09 AM »

Certain commodities like metal or volatiles or small arms seem to have a problem when I sell them, the calculation of the total credits given seems to be off... For example lets say I buy some small arms for 100$ (with tariff) and go and sell them at another station which states they go for 120$ (with tariff), the total amount of credits I receive is less than what I paid for them. I don't know maybe I'm missing something but I've noticed this happening with certain commodities, as a result all I ever trade in is food, fuel and supplies (these seem to be ok...).
Anyone else noticed this or am I just imagining things?
For shallow markets the price per unit falls off pretty fast- each unit you sell reduces demand, which reduces the price. There's large markets for food, fuel & supplies everywhere, so you wouldn't notice this as much.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 19, 2015, 05:45:17 AM »

I wanted to comment on what you said about the mercenaries, D.R.

If they already do this, then please disregard, obviously; I feel like it is really oddly artificial to have these fleets follow you constantly, because it's as if they have infinite supplies, their crews have no qualms about chasing this evasive fleet for, well, ever. They could have a variable time they will chase you for, before ditching.

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 19, 2015, 06:12:46 AM »

Running latest Starsector (RC2), SS+ 2.6.1, BRDY, Radar, Console, Exigency, Imperium, LazyLib, Save Transfer, ShaderLib, Simulator Overhaul and Version Checker. Checked that everything is up to date.

I seem to be getting Pirate fleets spawning out of other people's stations. I noticed this while waiting around outside New Maxios, and seeing pirate fleets periodically spawn out of it, spend a short while orbiting it as if preparing for a mission, before suddenly noticing and attacking the smaller Independent shipping orbiting alongside.

These seem to be the relevant lines of the log:

1144895 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Checking whether to spawn pirate or merc fleet for market [New Maxios]
1144895 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_MercAndPirateFleetManager  - 0 out of a maximum 3 pirate/merc fleets in play for market [New Maxios]
1144900 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Spawned pirate fleet [pirate Armada] from market New Maxios

Ctrl+F'd through the log using "Checking whether to spawn pirate or merc fleet for market [" to check, pirates seem to be spawning out of pretty much every station.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:21:21 AM by stormbringer951 »
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 19, 2015, 06:57:40 AM »

Were they smugglers? Smugglers initially spawn as pirates and prepare for their trip in orbit before changing IFF to independant and going off smuggling.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 19, 2015, 06:58:49 AM »

The ones I've see magically appearing from Blackrock before being stomped to oblivion are Pirate Attack Fleets as I recall.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1087 on: February 19, 2015, 07:48:52 AM »

I wanted to comment on what you said about the mercenaries, D.R.

If they already do this, then please disregard, obviously; I feel like it is really oddly artificial to have these fleets follow you constantly, because it's as if they have infinite supplies, their crews have no qualms about chasing this evasive fleet for, well, ever. They could have a variable time they will chase you for, before ditching.

They do give up after a few weeks.

Running latest Starsector (RC2), SS+ 2.6.1, BRDY, Radar, Console, Exigency, Imperium, LazyLib, Save Transfer, ShaderLib, Simulator Overhaul and Version Checker. Checked that everything is up to date.

I seem to be getting Pirate fleets spawning out of other people's stations. I noticed this while waiting around outside New Maxios, and seeing pirate fleets periodically spawn out of it, spend a short while orbiting it as if preparing for a mission, before suddenly noticing and attacking the smaller Independent shipping orbiting alongside.

These seem to be the relevant lines of the log:

1144895 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Checking whether to spawn pirate or merc fleet for market [New Maxios]
1144895 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_MercAndPirateFleetManager  - 0 out of a maximum 3 pirate/merc fleets in play for market [New Maxios]
1144900 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Spawned pirate fleet [pirate Armada] from market New Maxios

Ctrl+F'd through the log using "Checking whether to spawn pirate or merc fleet for market [" to check, pirates seem to be spawning out of pretty much every station.

A bug slipped into the code; they're supposed to start as mercs before turning to pirates.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 19, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »

The leading pip from Gunnery Implants 5 stopped working with 2.6, just doesn't show up any more.  Playing on Linux if it's relevant. On 2.4 and 2.5 I had to restart the game after reaching GI 5 before it showed up but after that it worked fine, now it doesn't show up at all.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 19, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »

Are you using a weapon that would need a leading pip in the first place?

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 19, 2015, 10:15:09 AM »

Can confirm that it's gone, hasn't shown up at all with a wide variety of ships/weapons

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 19, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »

I just noticed that it shows up when the game is paused, under the pause menu. Odd.

edit: Same for the Priwen Burst indicator on Templar ships, only shows up when the game is paused. I'm not sure where to post about it, it could be a ShaderLib issue... well, DR will know.

edit 2: both also show up when the tactical map is up.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:01:47 PM by orost »

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 19, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »

I'm encountering an error that is starting to happen pretty consistently (though it's clearly from a random event):

Code
268628 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.campaign.events.II_SiegeEvent$MarketDamage.advance(II_SiegeEvent.java:523)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I'm running Starsector+ with Blackrock, Exigency, Templars, Imperium, and over course the shaderlib and lazylib. The time on the game is Day 11, Month 3, Cycle 207.

Anyone know where I might go to fix this in the code? Starsector really needs better error handling than just crashing out all the time...

EDIT: I've been looking around myself and I'm not entirely sure this is a Starsector+ error, it might be a bug in Starsector itself...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:33:10 PM by EnderNerdcore »

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 19, 2015, 12:34:18 PM »

Halp:

102388 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 493.29 MB of texture data so far
102388 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
102704 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
104316 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.getCustomData()Ljava/util/Map;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.getCustomData()Ljava/util/Map;
   at data.scripts.plugins.SSP_FluxDisturberPlugin.init(SSP_FluxDisturberPlugin.java:191)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.B.null(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.Oöo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.null.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1094 on: February 19, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »

The leading pip from Gunnery Implants 5 stopped working with 2.6, just doesn't show up any more.  Playing on Linux if it's relevant. On 2.4 and 2.5 I had to restart the game after reaching GI 5 before it showed up but after that it worked fine, now it doesn't show up at all.
A vanilla method must have changed unexpectedly.  Will fix it for the next release.

I'm encountering an error that is starting to happen pretty consistently (though it's clearly from a random event):
I'm running Starsector+ with Blackrock, Exigency, Templars, Imperium, and over course the shaderlib and lazylib. The time on the game is Day 11, Month 3, Cycle 207.

Anyone know where I might go to fix this in the code? Starsector really needs better error handling than just crashing out all the time...

EDIT: I've been looking around myself and I'm not entirely sure this is a Starsector+ error, it might be a bug in Starsector itself...

Update the Interstellar Imperium to 1.7.1.

Halp:

102388 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 493.29 MB of texture data so far
102388 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
102704 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
104316 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.getCustomData()Ljava/util/Map;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.getCustomData()Ljava/util/Map;
   at data.scripts.plugins.SSP_FluxDisturberPlugin.init(SSP_FluxDisturberPlugin.java:191)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.B.null(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.Oöo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.null.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)

Update starsector.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 197