Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325229 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.5
« Reply #855 on: January 27, 2015, 10:31:42 AM »

Mayorate adds music as well, but custom music seems to break music in Starsector in my experience. It'll play music from one mod and then eventually stop playing music altogether.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 27, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »

Yup, had this problem too, normally when I'm accessing markets. Honestly I'd just like to turn off the market music altogether.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 27, 2015, 01:09:34 PM »

Hello Guys! I am new to this forum, but not so new to this mod. Must tell u guys i love it! Great job. However i am realy anoyed by the new music. Can u guys tell me how to switch it back to vanila music?

You should ask the developer of whichever mod is changing the music, since SS+ does not change the music.  I believe it's Blackrock Drive Yards.

It is BRDY most likely, Exi also changes music i believe.

Mayorate adds music as well, but custom music seems to break music in Starsector in my experience. It'll play music from one mod and then eventually stop playing music altogether.

Yup, had this problem too, normally when I'm accessing markets. Honestly I'd just like to turn off the market music altogether.

All right, a bit of confusion over music here right now let me see if I can clear this up.
Currently the mods that add music are Black Rock Drive Yards, The Mayorate, and Exigency (yes I am still working on this and it will be functional again very soon). The mod that is last via alphabetical order will be the custom music that is played, so The Mayorate will overwrite the other two mods that work with music.

Here is what the pertinent sections of the sound config looks like for those three mods.

Mayorate
{
   "music":
   {
      "music_campaign":[
         {"file":"ambient.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"ambient2.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"}
      ],

"music_combat":[
         {"file":"battle2.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"battle3.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"}
      ]
   },

Black Rock Driveyards
{
   "music":{
      # "source" can also be a directory
         {"file":"Blackrock.ogg","source":"sounds/BR/music","volume":0.65},
         {"file":"Stellar Rust.ogg","source":"sounds/BR/music","volume":0.60}         
      ],
         },

Exigency (DEV)
{
         {"file":"Spacer 20 Seconds.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":1.0},
         {"file":"Stellar Remnant.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"Unknown.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.50},
         {"file":"Sovereignty.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.18},
         {"file":"Mobilization.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.20},
         {"file":"Ambush.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.23},
         {"file":"Hostile Waters.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.29},
         {"file":"Fear Machine.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.23},
         {"file":"StianStark-Campaign_Theme_part1_v2.ogg","source":"sounds/music/music.bin","volume":1.0},
      ],
         {"file":"Spacer 15 Seconds.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":1.0},
         {"file":"Cloak and Dagger.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.29},
         {"file":"Skeleton Crew.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.25},
         {"file":"Catastrophic Systems Failure.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.17},
         {"file":"Panic.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.24},
         {"file":"Fusillade.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.20},
         {"file":"Exigency.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.15},
         {"file":"Veiled in Dust.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.20},
         {"file":"Relics.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.17},
         {"file":"Undying Legacy.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"The Flagship.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"Condottiere.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"StianStark-Battle_Ambience_part1_v2.ogg","source":"sounds/music/music.bin","volume":1.0},
      ],
   },

Now here is the tricky part, it will also overwrite vanilla music unless you add it back in (currently no mods overwrite market music). I am the only author that adds the vanilla combat and campaign music back, the bold lines in each list under the quote for my mod is what every other mod should look like if they work with music.

Now if you install a mod that works with music and you do not want it at all, then navigate to mods/"mod name here"/data/config/sounds.json and delete the music section or comment it out by placing a # in front of each song. Alternatively if you want the vanilla music back in addition with the BRDY and or Mayorate music then copy paste the bold lines from my mod's music config. Or if you want all the music from every mod to be used, then you have to modify the Mayorate config to include any music you want. About the music ceasing to function after a while, I have never observed that personally.

Anyways, I hope this assists some folks :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:13:40 PM by MesoTroniK »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 27, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »

All right, a bit of confusion over music here right now let me see if I can clear this up.
Currently the mods that add music are Black Rock Drive Yards, The Mayorate, and Exigency (yes I am still working on this and it will be functional again very soon). The mod that is last via alphabetical order will be the custom music that is played, so The Mayorate will overwrite the other two mods that work with music.

Here is what the pertinent sections of the sound config looks like for those three mods.

Mayorate
{
   "music":
   {
         {"file":"ambient.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"ambient2.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"}
      ],

{"file":"battle2.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"battle3.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"}
      ]
   },

Black Rock Driveyards
{
      # "source" can also be a directory
         {"file":"Blackrock.ogg","source":"sounds/BR/music","volume":0.65},
         {"file":"Stellar Rust.ogg","source":"sounds/BR/music","volume":0.60}         
      ],
         },

Exigency (DEV)
{
         {"file":"Spacer 20 Seconds.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":1.0},
         {"file":"Stellar Remnant.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"Unknown.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.50},
         {"file":"Sovereignty.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.18},
         {"file":"Mobilization.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.20},
         {"file":"Ambush.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.23},
         {"file":"Hostile Waters.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.29},
         {"file":"Fear Machine.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/campaign","volume":0.23},
         {"file":"StianStark-Campaign_Theme_part1_v2.ogg","source":"sounds/music/music.bin","volume":1.0},
      ],
         {"file":"Spacer 15 Seconds.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":1.0},
         {"file":"Cloak and Dagger.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.29},
         {"file":"Skeleton Crew.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.25},
         {"file":"Catastrophic Systems Failure.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.17},
         {"file":"Panic.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.24},
         {"file":"Fusillade.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.20},
         {"file":"Exigency.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.15},
         {"file":"Veiled in Dust.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.20},
         {"file":"Relics.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.17},
         {"file":"Undying Legacy.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"The Flagship.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"Condottiere.ogg","source":"sounds/exigency/music/combat","volume":0.21},
         {"file":"StianStark-Battle_Ambience_part1_v2.ogg","source":"sounds/music/music.bin","volume":1.0},
      ],
   },

Now here is the tricky part, it will also overwrite vanilla music unless you add it back in (currently no mods overwrite market music). I am the only author that adds the vanilla combat and campaign music back, the bold lines in each list under the quote for my mod is what every other mod should look like if they work with music.

Now if you install a mod that works with music and you do not want it at all, then navigate to mods/"mod name here"/data/config/sounds.json and delete the music section or comment it out by placing a # in front of each song. Alternatively if you want the vanilla music back in addition with the BRDY and or Mayorate music then copy paste the bold lines from my mod's music config. Or if you want all the music from every mod to be used, then you have to modify the Mayorate config to include any music you want. About the music ceasing to function after a while, I have never observed that personally.

Anyways, I hope this assists some folks :)
Another way to look at these lists if you are confused is if they are like a playlist for SS
Also, make SURE you copy the "white space" in between the end of the song before the song you want and the beginning of the one you want. You'll know when you do it right when you paste the the song you want after the comma at the end of one of the songs and it all lines up
Example:

Spoiler
         {"file":"ambient.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},<copy the white space from here to here
       >{"file":"ambient2.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"}
[close]
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

lordcronos24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 28, 2015, 12:18:01 AM »

Thank you MesoTroniK, i was able to switch back to vanilla music!!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #860 on: January 28, 2015, 04:39:44 PM »

So, you thought Starsector+ was too easy?

Think again!

Upcoming changes include:
  • Tougher bounties on the player
  • Aggressive campaign fleet AI
  • Freighters and other civilian ships attract pirates
  • Supply cost significantly normalized... and increased to ~125/unit (no more oddball planets with 300/unit, but no more super-cheap 35/unit locations either)
  • Trade fleets are better-equipped
  • Pirate, merc, and certain core faction spawns scale up with # of modded factions (depending on faction)
  • Bounty/grudge-hunting fleets are more likely to catch the player
  • Starting reputation changes are more extreme; starting Hostile with someone is a lot more common

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 28, 2015, 05:41:55 PM »

Just do not make supplies the deciding factor in going broke. Or at least give us a choice. 125 is too much :)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #862 on: January 28, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »

That's only a 25% increase.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 28, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »

Totally enough to ruin you early game since your normalizing prices as well, usually I think people tend to stay in areas of low cost supplies until bounties are profitable enough that the high cost stuff is worth paying for, or maybe that just me but for early game that means for some of us at least that's a 3 or 4x price increase.

Edit: That said try it, and change it next patch if it bombs the only real way to test it is to put it into the wild so to say.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 28, 2015, 09:33:39 PM »

So, you thought Starsector+ was too easy?

Think again!

Upcoming changes include:
  • Tougher bounties on the player
  • Aggressive campaign fleet AI
  • Freighters and other civilian ships attract pirates
  • Supply cost significantly normalized... and increased to ~125/unit (no more oddball planets with 300/unit, but no more super-cheap 35/unit locations either)
  • Trade fleets are better-equipped
  • Pirate, merc, and certain core faction spawns scale up with # of modded factions (depending on faction)
  • Bounty/grudge-hunting fleets are more likely to catch the player
  • Starting reputation changes are more extreme; starting Hostile with someone is a lot more common

I have yet to have been targeted by a troublesome bounty hunter, I'm around 20-30hrs in btw and the bounty on my head is around 600k I think. The only 2 factions I'm hostile towards are the Templars and the Mayorate and the latter sent a fleet to me only on their system and it was a pretty weak fleet. I'm not sure what you mean by aggressive campaign fleet, hostile fleets won't disengage anymore if they know they won't catch up? Supply cost is only going to make the early game more troublesome since you'll be rolling in cash once you are able to handle 200k+ bounties, seems unnecessary in my opinion, SS+ already makes fuel annoying as it is. Trade fleet change is an improvement. Having more fleets around is nice, especially when the Templars are around and clean an entire system with just a few frigates. Grudge fleets having more burn is an odd change, will they be composed of smaller ships then? Won't they be really easy to defeat then?

I like the changes, but if you really want to make the game harder you gotta have harder fleet spawns with lvl50+ captains and with effective variants for those levels. The random system is good for variety but I wonder how effective some fleet compositions are when compared to fleets that are more finely tuned. In other words you're increasing the difficulty of leveling up your fleet and character, not the challenge of things you actually face in the game as you level. Both are important but I do feel that even with the Templars we are still lacking on the latter.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 28, 2015, 09:43:58 PM »

Just do not make supplies the deciding factor in going broke. Or at least give us a choice. 125 is too much :)
I have never bought supplies from market in SS+.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:25 PM »

I like the changes, but if you really want to make the game harder you gotta have harder fleet spawns with lvl50+ captains and with effective variants for those levels. The random system is good for variety but I wonder how effective some fleet compositions are when compared to fleets that are more finely tuned. In other words you're increasing the difficulty of leveling up your fleet and character, not the challenge of things you actually face in the game as you level. Both are important but I do feel that even with the Templars we are still lacking on the latter.
The problem though is how SS spawns fleets now... IIRC, on the mod chat Dark said that the way that the only real way to get better combat fleets is to find them, delete them and spawn in better ones but that would be REALLY hacky and resource intensive...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:18 PM »

I have never bought supplies from market in SS+.

You're a magician.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 29, 2015, 12:13:57 AM »

Why level out the prices of supplies? Varied prices add an element of strategy - do you hang out where supplies are cheap to minimize your costs, or venture out to somewhere where bounties might be better but supplies are expensive? Do you run a bunch of freighters and periodically resupply on Jangala where it's cheap, or do you get supplies locally at higher prices but saving cargo space? Now you just pick supplies up at the nearest station and that's it.

Also why does it need to be harder in the first place? Starsector, and SS+ even more so, makes it very easy to pick your level of challenge. If you feel you're doing too well you can just pick tougher fleets to fight or go harass Templars. All making it harder to survive achieves is reducing the viability of sub-optimal but maybe fun playstyles/fleet compositions/loadouts. I can pick the starting Tempest and roll over the lowest-level bounty fleets all day, but that doesn't mean they need to be made harder, they're fairly challenging if you start with something bad like the Enforcer and if you made them any harder the Enforcer start would be unplayable. It means that if you start with a Tempest you should go do something more ambitious.

Anyway, this was a comment on increasing the difficulty level in general and not completely relevant to the changes listed. They sound good other than the supplies. It's just something I've had on my mind about SS+'s difficulty for a while.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:17:47 AM by orost »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #869 on: January 29, 2015, 12:16:40 AM »

I'm tossing out the Supplies change because it significantly impacted the economy.  So you shouldn't worry about that anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 197