Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325035 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.4
« Reply #735 on: January 09, 2015, 07:24:59 AM »

AI fleets gain 1% bonus OP for each point in Combat Aptitude, Leadership Aptitude, and Fleet Logistics (good luck, suckers!)
What did we ever do to you? :'(

(don't mind me, this is just me getting mad at "unfair" AI bonuses)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 09, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »

AI fleets gain 1% bonus OP for each point in Combat Aptitude, Leadership Aptitude, and Fleet Logistics (good luck, suckers!)

Ditto... I mean, SS+ was hard enough as it was... Hell, I heard that even DR had trouble with it BEFORE those changes
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 09, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »

I've only ventured around Corvus so far, but there are TONS of bounty fleets active. At times there are three fleets orbiting each uninhabited planet, sometimes dipping down to one.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #738 on: January 09, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »

I've only ventured around Corvus so far, but there are TONS of bounty fleets active. At times there are three fleets orbiting each uninhabited planet, sometimes dipping down to one.

Ah, the current # of bounties is balanced to the # of integrated mods that produce bounties.  I'll make it smarter on the next release.

Ditto... I mean, SS+ was hard enough as it was... Hell, I heard that even DR had trouble with it BEFORE those changes

These bonuses are negligible at the early game but allow AI fleets to be fairly consistent in terms of difficulty later on.  Before, a 10/10/0 fleet would be less challenging than a 0/0/10 fleet, simply because most of the leadership skills offer nothing to the AI.

McRib27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 09, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »

Another question i have here. What is a good point defensive? Im pretty new and direcly started with this mod. (i like challenges  ;D)

But still im try to figue out what point defensive are good (small). The bigger one i got already like dual flak for example but still im running around with PD laser and well there are not so good than i want them.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #740 on: January 09, 2015, 01:06:11 PM »

Burst PD and Vulcans are the best of the vanilla small PD.

McRib27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 09, 2015, 01:08:20 PM »

Burst PD and Vulcans are the best of the vanilla small PD.
thx than i will start looking in my weapon cash maybe i have them somewhere... if not well... pirates give them for away for free :D

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 09, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »

Just since I'm not sure people say so often enough - seriously, you do amazing work.  The content you produce is consistently far above par - interesting and well-balanced mechanics, superb art that still manages to stay faithful to the vanilla Starsector look, and all in several quite-distinct flavors of awesome.  And - pretty fantastic support for us fans, as well.  Thanks so much for making an already-favorite game so much more so!

I'm flattered.  But to be fair, the artwork is mostly not mine; MesoTroniK, HELMUT, Psiyon, Shellster, and Tartiflette have contributed.

In that case, MesoTroniK, HELMUT, Psiyon, Shellster, and Tartiflette are also officers and gentlemen, plus any of the previous compliments they'd also enjoy.  Still, there's no question that you've been on top of these several really creative and varied projects that have added an incredible amount of additional fun to the game and really stand head and shoulders above the crowd in terms of quality and balance.  So undiminished thanks again!

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 09, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »

No idea if has been said before, but with the most recent update, pursuing fleets is ridiculous. They start in the upper half of the map. Most of the time, I cannot catch them with a Tempest at 340+ speed.

Just thought to let you know. It's very frustrating to see 6 out of 7 frigates escape, when you have only top tier frigates chasing them, and not even catching up to shoot a single laser at them.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:03:24 PM by Tommy »

jhaacke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:58 PM »

I really enjoy this mod, but I have a problem with my save files not loading correctly.  I will play and then make a save file.  Next time I play it wont load the save file.  It stars to load, then gets slower and slower until it stops and then says there was an error.  Any help would be appreciated!

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 09, 2015, 06:36:34 PM »

I really enjoy this mod, but I have a problem with my save files not loading correctly.  I will play and then make a save file.  Next time I play it wont load the save file.  It stars to load, then gets slower and slower until it stops and then says there was an error.  Any help would be appreciated!

Are you using a 64-bit JRE?  If not, this is TOTALLY the 64-bit JRE thing.  Behold: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726.0!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #746 on: January 09, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »

No idea if has been said before, but with the most recent update, pursuing fleets is ridiculous. They start in the upper half of the map. Most of the time, I cannot catch them with a Tempest at 340+ speed.

Just thought to let you know. It's very frustrating to see 6 out of 7 frigates escape, when you have only top tier frigates chasing them, and not even catching up to shoot a single laser at them.

Pursuit range depends on the relative size between the pursuing and the pursued fleets.  If the fleet you're chasing is far smaller than you, they have quite the head-start; your best bet is to send fast frigates/fighters in from the left and right flanks (click the ship more than once on the deploy screen).  This is done as a mechanic to:
1. Make pursuit fights more challenging; keep super-fast ships like the Hyperion, Seski, Hound, etc. relevant the whole game.
2. Make it possible for you to retreat without losing your entire fleet if the AI has you cornered.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #747 on: January 10, 2015, 02:26:00 AM »

These bonuses are negligible at the early game but allow AI fleets to be fairly consistent in terms of difficulty later on.  Before, a 10/10/0 fleet would be less challenging than a 0/0/10 fleet, simply because most of the leadership skills offer nothing to the AI.
Fixing that is good. The effect on 10/10/10 AI fleets... not so good...

I figure it'd turn out all right if it was balanced such that the three skill trees each give roughly equal OP progression for the player, and the maximum OP bonus for the AI was roughly the same as that before version 2.4.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #748 on: January 10, 2015, 02:46:15 AM »

Fixing that is good. The effect on 10/10/10 AI fleets... not so good...

I figure it'd turn out all right if it was balanced such that the three skill trees each give roughly equal OP progression for the player, and the maximum OP bonus for the AI was roughly the same as that before version 2.4.

By the time you get to level 40, the old AI fleets are total pushovers to the point where even a gigantic million-credit bounty is no sweat.  The extra OP is to pad out the endgame.

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 10, 2015, 02:55:25 AM »

Dark, I guess it makes sense what you said. But you could reduce that distance by 20% at least :)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 197