Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325090 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.3
« Reply #705 on: January 01, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »

You are either using the wrong Starsector version, or you don't have LazyLib or ShaderLib active.

Plan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2015, 03:28:08 AM »

You are either using the wrong Starsector version, or you don't have LazyLib or ShaderLib active.

I must have done something wrong installing LazyLib (which should be pretty hard considering it's constituted by a single folder), it worked like a charm after reinstallation.
Thanks a bunch  ;D

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 06, 2015, 01:47:56 AM »

Quite glad I checked this out after so long of thinking "eh, it's just gonna add a ton of kitbashed ships to the pirates".

Are bounties against anything other than the pirates just not possible at the moment. Playing as a pirate, yarhar, trying to make a few allies instead of make enemies with everyone, all I can do is hope for open bounties against other factions. Can't collect any names because all the names are pirates.

The Templars are just great. I've only fought their frigates and destroyers so far. That was a 10/10. A Jesuit phase charged at me and dropped out of phase on top of my pirate battleship's shields. Donk, donk, bonk, donk, bonk, boom. Silly frigate. lower shields. O GOD. NO. BAD FRIGATE. MY EVERYTHING. OWWWW, WADDAFUG, THAT THING JUST WENT STRAIGHT THROUGH ME. I WANT ONE.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #708 on: January 06, 2015, 01:59:27 AM »

Are bounties against anything other than the pirates just not possible at the moment. Playing as a pirate, yarhar, trying to make a few allies instead of make enemies with everyone, all I can do is hope for open bounties against other factions. Can't collect any names because all the names are pirates.

After you've done enough bounties (if I remember correctly, it's after bounty #17), assassination bounties start to pop up, and these can be on actual faction fleets.  They fetch a pretty penny, too.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 06, 2015, 06:51:39 AM »

Ah well. Started as a pirate and have full co-operation with the pirates after several trades involving thousands of units of fuel and many hundreds of thousands of credits.

Something I've noticed happening with Ballistae is this wave of free missiles fired all at once whenever I start up a chase to run down some retreating ships. They're fired all at once instead of in sequence like usual and I have no ability to do it. It just happens. An image of flagship still burning onto the field with missiles already in flight from off-map. Whether small, medium or large Ballista launchers, I get a free volley if I burn in with my flagship and enemies in sight. Two other ships of mine that I also use for running down fleets do not do the same as me.

It seems like peculiar behaviour but maybe it's intentional and I've missed a memo.

EDIT:
Are the Templar ships meant to be capturable, considering their habit of Halo Ghost-style meltdowns? Managed to capture a Templar destroyer that came back online after a scrap with the vanguard of their latest holy war. Picked up a small energy weapon from the fight from it too, whether it was salvaged from some ship husks or stripped from the risen-again destroyer, I don't know.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:08:30 AM by Silver Silence »

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 06, 2015, 09:23:04 AM »

Ah well. Started as a pirate and have full co-operation with the pirates after several trades involving thousands of units of fuel and many hundreds of thousands of credits.

Something I've noticed happening with Ballistae is this wave of free missiles fired all at once whenever I start up a chase to run down some retreating ships. They're fired all at once instead of in sequence like usual and I have no ability to do it. It just happens. An image of flagship still burning onto the field with missiles already in flight from off-map. Whether small, medium or large Ballista launchers, I get a free volley if I burn in with my flagship and enemies in sight. Two other ships of mine that I also use for running down fleets do not do the same as me.

It seems like peculiar behaviour but maybe it's intentional and I've missed a memo.

EDIT:
Are the Templar ships meant to be capturable, considering their habit of Halo Ghost-style meltdowns? Managed to capture a Templar destroyer that came back online after a scrap with the vanguard of their latest holy war. Picked up a small energy weapon from the fight from it too, whether it was salvaged from some ship husks or stripped from the risen-again destroyer, I don't know.

I managed to snag a Templar frigate once and more or less equipped it per stock variant with salvaged Templar weaponry I had found throughout my game. But even with that, it died a few battles later.

I'm not sure if it's just because the Templar faction AI (does such a thing exist, factional AIs?) is smarter about using it, or if Templar ships are always generated using more OP than they should be able to (at least per the Templar Missions, they all seemed to be over OP that I saw).

Dark could easily chip in and completely blow this to ***, but my theory is that while they TRY to self-destruct, they do occasionally not-explode, so you have a chance at having a chance to capture them (what with the broken capture/boarding mechanics). Or maybe they're all supposed to blow up, full stop, and them NOT blowing up is just a broken script/code/whatever.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 06, 2015, 10:56:11 AM »

The hullmod tooltip for their reactors states that they are pretty liable to catastrophic system failure but it didn't say it's a guarantee. And as I've picked up 5 Jesuits now, I'd say it's just standard fare that they will not always blow up spectacularly. I'm just re-blowing them up now, hoping it'll provide more salvage and chances for Templar weaponry. I want me that curious yellow lightning orb thrower and the penetrating cannon. I've only fitted one Jesuit with a lightning gun which is a peashooter for the thing. I thought it'd stay out of harms way and harass but I sent it up against a Templar Jesuit and it nearly died to the combined arms of the enemy Jesuit's Sentenia and Merced weapons. Also saw one of the Templar cruisers using those Merced guns as PD. Who knew that homing yellow plasma made for good missile defense?  :P Guy was being such a killjoy shutting down my missile swarms.

EDIT:
My strange missile phenomenon is not limited to Ballistae and I've had this happen on two different ships, (pirate battleship and citadel flagship) so either game is being weird or a skill is making me do this stuff.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:54:52 AM by Silver Silence »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #712 on: January 06, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »

That missile thing sounds like a vanilla bug to me.

Yep, templars have a chance to explode, and that chance goes up the bigger the ship is.  While Jesuits are easy to capture, the larger ships are rare prizes indeed.  If you want the large weapons, kill Paladins.  It's the only way.

I might offer Alternative bounties posted by the Pirates if you are on good terms with them... Hmm...

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 06, 2015, 01:27:58 PM »

I have no idea who they expected were gonna try and cash in on this. Actually never mind, I found a guy who hasn't got the memo yet.

Are Paladins the cruisers? I've only fought a handful of those and a single Archbishop. Had to head over to Antioch and knock on their front door to play with the Archbishop. The description of the (extremely fast rotating) planet that the Templars use seems to imply either a massive power plant or some sort of planetary weapon and communications would appear to reinforce that. Was a little disappointed that hovering on top of their homeplanet didn't lead to me getting shot at from the planet. I think me playing around in their front yard is also what lead to this curious open bounty being posted by the Templars. The last Templar cruiser I fought had an even more curious weapon that fired what I could only describe as snaking energy. Sadly that particular cruiser exploded so any hope of salvaging from it was lost.

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 07, 2015, 03:57:01 AM »

Hi Dark Revenant, firstly thanks for making this mod, its an interesting one and is fun to play.

I have one question/request, is it possible to edit the starting amount of attributes and skill points you get at character creation?

I've been playing vanilla starfarer for a long time and usually I play an 'accelerated' start by giving my initial char extra attribute and skill points. Its not very fair but I play this game to have fun and not have to spend time 'grinding' levels. The vanilla character creation files I know how to edit but I have no idea how to modify this mods files.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 07, 2015, 03:59:42 AM »

You can do all that without save editing or file editing by grabbing LazyWizard's Console Commands. Load that mod up and you can just press CtrlBackspace, type in "AddAptitudePoints xx" and "AddSkillPoints xx", replacing the Xs with a number you deem appropriate and go from there.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #716 on: January 07, 2015, 05:13:01 AM »

Yeah, with Console Commands you can arbitrarily boost your XP and credits: "addxp ####" "addcredits ####".

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 07, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »

I suppose now my next question is do you have a capital sized engine of destruction planned for the Templar?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 07, 2015, 10:56:58 AM »

I suppose now my next question is do you have a capital sized engine of destruction planned for the Templar?
If I remember correctly, he DOES have a dread in the making although I don't know when or even IF it will come out
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 07, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »

Ah, then I hope and look forward to it joining the lineup because I would love to pilfer a jumbo version of the Paladin seeing as I just blew up my pilfered Paladin in a pretty chain reaction. Seems that Templar ships drop their shields at very high flux so intentionally running the ship hot to weaponise the discharges lead to me blowing up a capital ship while close enough to stare at the captain in the bridge of said capital ship. I expected to overload from tanking the explosion on the shields, instead I blew up which blew up a frigate behind me and my deathsplosion blew away a destroyer. And it took so long to salvage that damn thing.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 197